sylviedes
I have purchased marble basketweave floor tile for my bathroom reno and now I'm trying to choose an appropriate backsplash to pair with it. The shower will have white 12" x 18" ceramic tile on the walls. Would grey (3" x 6") glass subway tile work for the backsplash if it was installed in a tradition pattern? Or is the glass too contemporary to pair with the basketweave floor? Thanks!
TanCalGal
You don't mention counters? Cabinets? I wouldn't mix too many tile finishes together. Let the basket weave be the star & work it's magic and not have competition from other tile colors, finishes, patterns etc. Other tiles should blend in with the basket weave perfectly. I'm assuming black & white basket weave, but it doesn't matter. Think of using a border basket weave toward the top of the backsplash and somewhere in the shower (about 6 feet up). . Border http://www.dekotile.com/store/Honed-Bianco-Carrara-Basketweave-Border-with-Nero-Marquina-Dots.html White tiles? I do not think they will be united if the basket weave is mottled. I like these tiles in a more mottled color (I'm assuming part of the basket weave is mottled?) Note they have some large tiles for shower area and subway for backsplash but they are all exactly the same mottle. Think of using subway for part of the shower, too as that homeowner did. Note too how nice the black cabinets and mirror look. You'll have to scroll down a bit. http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg1118405926356.html
0 Likes   February 27, 2012 at 7:45AM
sylviedes
Thanks for this! The counter will be white quartz (not a lot of colour variance) with two white ceramic vessel sinks occupying the a large part of the top, the cabinetry is dark, dark brown (almost black). The marble is mottled... and it's black and white. I love the boarder you suggested. Will consider that for sure! Thanks again.
0 Likes   February 27, 2012 at 8:08AM
Entryway lighting
My entryway is also used as a small eating area in...
amyls64
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie
Lighting in Dining Room
My dining room lighting box is centered with the room,...
dakile
My LR is missing something...
Happy holidays! I used a lot of your great advice...
ng999
want to add dining to corner space
hi guys, our living room is finally coming together...
toobaashraf25