Two or one picture above the bed?
DMarie
Is it more simple or too small just to have the one picture?
armygirl1987
Too small to have just one, try the two and if it does not work you can then take it back.
April 5, 2014 at 8:24AM     
njmomma
The picture is too similar to your pillows. You need to find an abstract with all the colors in it for above your bed or a mirror.
April 5, 2014 at 8:24AM     
DMarie
I am not opposed to a mirror or a different artwork. Any suggestions?
April 5, 2014 at 8:29AM   
April 5, 2014 at 8:31AM   
Four
April 5, 2014 at 8:33AM     
DMarie
I like the idea of possibly four. Any suggestions on size, arrangement, etc?
April 5, 2014 at 8:51AM   
I would find either four the same as you have arranged to make a large square above the bed (set in pairs about 15-20% in from the edge. Or if you have four the same style and colour you can go for that. You could also mix a navy and coral colour pattern, hope that is clear ( not an iPad typer)
April 5, 2014 at 9:02AM   
DMarie
Thanks. The pillows on the bed that seem navy are really turqouise. Would you still recommend navy with coral mix as well as all thence color coral mix of four? Do you like theRt idea better than a mirror? I am trying to lighten the room for spring/ summer to offset the dark wood in the bed and furniture.
April 5, 2014 at 9:06AM   
If they are turquoise, I would stick with that colour rather than navy. A mirror at night will reflect darkness if you have windows open. Also I think it is too high. Better to use your prints which are light and work both day and night.
April 5, 2014 at 9:11AM      Thanked by DMarie
The Rey3 Design Collaborative
you need a composition of at least 4-5 smaller pieces, please see attached...
April 5, 2014 at 9:30AM      Thanked by DMarie
the essentials inside
I agree with you ASVInteriors!
April 6, 2014 at 1:49PM     
Sandy G. ltd.
-- Actually, use one or three prints. You do not want two because it would be too repetitive with the pillows lined up 2 by 2. This also goes for 4 prints stacked into a square. Do something more interesting than a pair.

Here is a nicely proportioned painting over a bed. You could add another matt and larger frame to the print you already have.

Have you tried shuffling your pillows by putting the red ones behind the gray ones? This would give you a whole new look.

The gray pillows with a black/white print over your bed would be nice too. If you have taken any nice photos, have them printed in b/w, matt and frame them for over your bed. Nothing better than your own artwork!
April 6, 2014 at 3:52PM     
sally78
I think one picture---something rectangular (hung horizontally). Nothing larger than 2/3 the length of your bed. Happy decorating!
April 6, 2014 at 5:38PM   
DMarie
The front pillows are actually patterned with orange/coral and bordered with pink. It photographs red. I found two other prints to group with the one as recommended. I ordered one of the prints and it won't arrive for awhile so I will post when it arrives. I hope they will work.
April 6, 2014 at 5:59PM     
Robbi
The pictures need to fill the space, but no wider than the headboard (preferably a bit shorter). The bottom line is it should be art you love. You can change the pillows if they clash. I have seen wonderful pictures over beds on Houzz with one, two, or three in a row or four (two above and two below). The picture you have in your photo is too small, you would need four that size. If I knew how to add the Houzz pictures from my idea book to this post I would. If anyone knows how to do this let me know. To have multiple images use the same frame and general color scheme (e.g., primaries, black and white, abstracts or matching images (e.g., triptychs)). Use mirrors if it will reflect something beautiful (like a view), otherwise a mirror will add nothing to the ambience. I have a mirrored wall behind my bed but only because it reflects an ocean view.
April 6, 2014 at 6:04PM      Thanked by DMarie
Help with colors
I need help with accent colors for my living room....
help choosing kitchen tiles!
We're in the process of having our kitchen refitted....
I need help choosing colours!
Hello all, Here is the deal. I have this beautiful...
Declutter Challenge! - August 2014
I don't know about you, but I have several areas in...
Need for privacy
Am I the only one who freaks out at the thought of...