How much do you use your steam shower?
nancurrier
We are remodeling a home and considering adding a steam shower in the master bathroom. Just wondering how much it is actually used by those who have one. Thanks!
John James O'Brien - Design for Inspired Living
Our unit self-cleans after 1000 minutes and as we've been through one cycle, I suppose this equates to about 55 uses in a year (as we use it). Worth every (considerable) penny ;-)

A client advises they have used theirs only once and found that the steam generator gives inadequate heat. I was not involved in their selection of steam generator, and take their experience as confirmation of my own efforts to calibrate the volume of space to the capacity of the unit and plan the distance between the unit and the shower. Sometimes leaving the designer out of the implementation process is NOT a good idea!

Thermasol is a brand I highly recommend. In our office/display residence, we required approximately 15 feet of hose to connect the unit in the ground floor mechanical room to our second floor master bath. This unit generates LOTS of steam.

I personally do not recommend the built-in music and such features. But then, my idea of music in a steam shower is more spa/nature than heavy metal. When in operation, the sound of steam interferes with the peace of spa-like sounds (but is no match for loud music, I'm sure).
2 Likes   Thanked by nancurrier    April 6, 2014 at 10:40AM
How do you keep the steam shower free from mold/mildew?
I noticed the fan you have installed in the ceiling....
kristy1215
How much do you use your island prep sink?
Renovating a home that will have a 8'x4' island very...
jensaint
Would you turn your existing shower into a steam shower?
Do you like the idea of a steam shower at home? Is...
Nordic Saunas & Steam Ltd.
Niches on the side of a fireplace
I want to put either tile or some stacked stone (most...
Gary Vaughan
Need help choosing kitchen cabinet colors and counter tops
I had this idea i floated out to my capenter about...
eegborge
Bar cart
Does this bar cart work? Thx!!!
dlkula
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
LeAnne Cantrell
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
zazfuzzroc