How much do you use your steam shower?
nancurrier
April 6, 2014 in Design Dilemma
We are remodeling a home and considering adding a steam shower in the master bathroom. Just wondering how much it is actually used by those who have one. Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
John James O'Brien - Design for Inspired Living
Our unit self-cleans after 1000 minutes and as we've been through one cycle, I suppose this equates to about 55 uses in a year (as we use it). Worth every (considerable) penny ;-)

A client advises they have used theirs only once and found that the steam generator gives inadequate heat. I was not involved in their selection of steam generator, and take their experience as confirmation of my own efforts to calibrate the volume of space to the capacity of the unit and plan the distance between the unit and the shower. Sometimes leaving the designer out of the implementation process is NOT a good idea!

Thermasol is a brand I highly recommend. In our office/display residence, we required approximately 15 feet of hose to connect the unit in the ground floor mechanical room to our second floor master bath. This unit generates LOTS of steam.

I personally do not recommend the built-in music and such features. But then, my idea of music in a steam shower is more spa/nature than heavy metal. When in operation, the sound of steam interferes with the peace of spa-like sounds (but is no match for loud music, I'm sure).
2 Likes   Thanked by nancurrier    April 6, 2014 at 10:40AM