Help with long narrow dining area
cg266
Hello,

We have a long narrow townhouse and we're not sure what type of dining table to buy (i.e rectangular, round, etc.) and where to place it. We've yet to decorate this area as we'd like to get a table first. There's a powder room that sticks out on the side so we'll need to keep that in mind. The dining area leads into a galley kitchen which is the width of the house (10ft). My husband thinks we should get a lower rectangular table and place it where the current pub table is located. Any suggestions on a table and decor would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! FYI please disregard the fold up table in the photo, that was from a gathering we had and we've been using it temporarily until we get an actual dining table.
rinqreation
I know it's easier said than done, but a goodlooking solution would be to move the stove left of the sink wall and the fridge at the end, so you'll have space for a long narrow table on the opposite side with a bench against the wall.
OKANAGAN LOG HOME
Wilshire Kitchen, Portland (Photo: Matt Niebuhr)
April 6, 2014 at 11:42AM      Thanked by cg266
cg266
Thanks rinqreation! I wish it were set up that way, it would be so much easier. We just moved in a few months ago and it's a new construction so I don't think we'd do any renovations. Do you think we could do something similar with the open areas we have now? There's about 8 1/2 ft of space between the wall of the powder room and where the counter begins.
April 6, 2014 at 11:54AM   
rinqreation
But since that would probably mean refinishing the floor, wall and moving gas/outlets, I'd opt for a dining table where the bar set is now too. Max 6' long, normal or counter height (line flow). Rustic modern, a bit industrial. Maybe a greywashed table with darkened steel chairs?
Clarendon Road
Rustic Modern
Control4
Sellwood Library House
April 6, 2014 at 11:56AM        Thanked by cg266
rinqreation
Look for a tabletop with a width of 31" max. so you'll have enough space for chairs/bench.
April 6, 2014 at 12:01PM      Thanked by cg266
cg266
Should I add a rug underneath?
April 6, 2014 at 1:10PM   
rinqreation
I would say no rug.
April 7, 2014 at 1:19AM   
An African Mediterraneaan Look
The project is to integrate an African and Mediterranean...
what counter do you like more? darker or lighter?
monochrome kitchen w/ london grey ceaserstone and white...
Giant Gator Art?
First, thank you to GroverAxle who helped me get started...
New place for 2 "sotto specchio"
I got 2 "sotto specchio's" unfortunately I do not know...
Paint colors, shutters & circa 1980 stencil work
When we bought the house, the kitchen was done in this...