Color help
Justin Fannie
might paint my living room sherwin williams tradewind. need help on an accent color on the wall my tv hangs on. also will tradewinds go with black furniture, entertainment center and end tables?
sally78
I have used rain (lower in that color strip) in a bedroom. I'm happy with it. I used white as accent color---curtains and bedding. All pictures in the room have some blue. Some pictures have a bit of salmon-ish in the content.

A bedroom is different than a living room. But, I think you could add white by using thick white matting on framed pictures.

Black definitely works, but I think also adding some white objects will really set off that color paint. A white lamp shade. A white pillow… Just some white...

Then, maybe a tiny bit of a splashy-color (like my salmon or bright yellow) in just a few objects.

(We have had so many houses in that sheetrock stage! Looks like your room is really ready to start taking shape!!!)

Good luck and happy decorating!
April 6, 2014 at 6:34pm   
Tradewind is a nice gentle blue/green that should be lovely with black furniture. If you want an accent color for the TV wall, I'd look at the coral colors and consider Lei Flower or an acid lime green such as Rice Paddy.
April 6, 2014 at 6:38pm     
jabbott2012
I think the color you've chosen will look very nice with black. If you want to accent the wall, why not go a few shades darker than Tradewind, but still in the same color family. If you want more suggestions, please post some photos of your furniture or surrounding rooms for color ideas. You may get more help that way.
April 6, 2014 at 6:44pm     
hayleydaniels
An easy way to find a nice accent color is to go to Sherwin Williams website, pull up your color, and look at what they recommend to go with it. There should be a palette down in the left hand corner of the web page showing complimentary colors.
April 6, 2014 at 6:44pm   
Justin Fannie
thanks folks. appreciate it.Yea our house was all woods paneling (ugh) so we are re doing it. I would post pictures of our couches but we are getting all new furniture after the fact due to waiting for a sale. we are doing Winchester oak laminate flooring as well.
April 6, 2014 at 7:44pm   
bumblebee728
I agree with jabbott to try a darker shade of Tradewind as your 'accent' wall. Here's Tradewind and Moody Blue together:
April 6, 2014 at 7:59pm     
Justin Fannie
im actually looking at their colorsnap app right now. I was looking into riverway and Mediterranean. I like yours as well.
April 6, 2014 at 8:01pm     
bumblebee728
Good Luck pulling it all together Justin :) Let us know how things are progressing.
April 6, 2014 at 9:51pm   
Ederra Design Studio
Once you get those colors on the wall they might appear to be a bit brighter/louder than you are expecting. Make sure you buy a sample pint and paint a very large swath in a few places of the room before you commit!
April 6, 2014 at 11:18pm     
Roxanne Damron
Love
April 6, 2014 at 11:33pm   
Justin Fannie
thats partially why I picked the the color I did. I certainly dont want it too bright but previously I painted the walls in behr sterling and the tv wall was charcoal grey. I really liked the rich charcoal color but it all turned out too dull and boring. its a small space so I figured I should liven things up a little bit without going overboard.
April 7, 2014 at 1:19am   
Wall colour and fireplace tile ?
I want to change the colour of my walls as well I need...
Coffee Table Choice
My husband fell in love with this chest. He wants to...
What's a design dilemma?
Many of you are new to Houzz UK and perhaps to the...
Need help with countertops!!! Please!!
We had originally wanted to go with Carrera Marble...