NEED HELP WITH A SHADE OF WHITE FOR KITCHEN CABINETS
In Vogue Design & Draperies Inc.
We are having our natural maple kitchen sprayed in a shade of white. I am really having a hard time making a choice on which white. I do not want it to be too yellow, not stark white but more of a clean taupe white.
Any ideas would be great.
sally78
What are the undertones in the rest of your house? Things you can't easily change (like fireplace stone and flooring and backsplash tile)?

You are right: there is grayish white, beige-ish white, white with yellow undertone...

Look at the surroundings and decide with what the white will need to harmonize. Then, pick a white color with the same undertone as you see elsewhere in your house… For instance, if you have a gray stacked stone fireplace, go with white with a gray undertone. If you have tan or beige tile in your kitchen, go with beige undertone in your white...

I agree, bright white-white is just too glaring in most homes… Works with really modern stuff...

Hope this helps.

It will be a big change and might take a little while to get used to. That doesn't mean you picked that wrong color… Give yourself sometime to adapt to the change.

Happy Decorating!
April 6, 2014 at 10:02PM   
Ederra Design Studio
One of my go-to warm whites is Benjamin Moore Battenburg - in rooms that get direct sun it can look a hair on the yellow side but if you don't get a lot of sun it is a great warm white. It always compliments warm wood beautifully.

A few nice warm whites from Sherwin Williams are Modest White, Everyday White, Shoji White, and Natural Choice.

Good luck!
April 6, 2014 at 11:16PM   
In Vogue Design & Draperies Inc.
April 7, 2014 at 6:53AM   
I've never heard of taupe white. I think you need a plain white with a glaze, depending on counter tops color and also walls.paint on inside of door to get what you want.
April 7, 2014 at 8:28AM   
In Vogue Design & Draperies Inc.
When I say taupe white, that would be no yellow undertones.
April 7, 2014 at 8:33AM   
moggie73
Gail, I am interested in your project, I have the same dilemma. Our cabinets are natural maple also. I will keep watching to see which color you selected. It is a big project, but will be worth it. I do love a white kitchen. What is your counter treatment? Best to you.
April 7, 2014 at 9:25AM   
Kitchen dilemma!
I really want to create a seating area, with TV and...
Need ideas for a TV Unit
I have a place of 96" x 80" , which I want to design...
Need help looking for kitchen backsplash.
Help need finding the right kitchen backsplash with...
Help arranging family/living room and kitchen space.
We live in a cape house, right now I have the front...
Living room needed
I would like help designing my living room. It is 19'...