TV over fireplace and other entertainment media?
z4j786
So we are moving into a house where the family room has a fireplace in between two windows. The only space to put a tv in the room is above the fireplace because on either side of the room is a kitchen and a sun room, and the wall opposite to the fireplace would catch too much glare from the windows. Our dilemma is where to put the other tv devices like the Apple TV box or a game console? We don't want to put a small media cabinet on one side because that looks lop sided. Also don't want to leave these devices too exposed such that the wires are showing. Any suggestions?
flair lighting
get longer connecting cables. drop the cables down the wall and poke them out somewhere else.
0 Likes   April 8, 2014 at 4:04PM
z4j786
The tv cables are hidden (this is an old picture from the previous owner). There is a pass through for cables behind the tv to the bottom left side. The question is where to place other tv connected devices?
0 Likes   April 8, 2014 at 4:12PM
sally78
When you hang your TV there, please hang it higher than the previous people did. I think it is too close to the mantle…. Would have been more attractive higher up...

We used one of those IR extender things with our DirecTV box… Do you know what that is? We kept the box in the family room in the basement and could operate it from the first floor.

Good luck problem solving.
0 Likes   April 8, 2014 at 4:35PM
raquelaclark
We had the same issue. You can get something called a blaster. It is a very tiny device that connects on the bottom of your screen. You point the remote at it to operate everything. Then, you run cables to all the devices and put them where ever you want. Our are in a closed cabinet. I do have to leave the cabinet open when we use the Xbox, because it can overheat. Works great! We had an electrician TV guy do it.
0 Likes   April 8, 2014 at 8:58PM
raquelaclark
I think the blaster was $40 on amazon.com.
0 Likes   April 8, 2014 at 8:59PM
Grey cabinets with dark brown wood floors?
My wife and I are building a new house and are currently...
To Shabby Chic or to not Shabby Chic that is the question!
So I got this glorious pallet table and now I desperately...
Color dilemma
Any advice as to what color to paint dated end tables...
Need advice for powder room decore
What should I do powder room ceiling lighting and vanity...
Help with hubbies surprises please!
I have been de-cluttering, rearranging and decorating...