Any ideas on backsplash?
abuterfli
Hi there,
I am wondering if any of you have some good ideas on what we can do for a backsplash. The challenge is the light wood cabinets with the granite that has a lot of caramel and mustard yellow tones in it. I picked up about 10 samples from Home Depot and 2 from another place, and I'm not crazy about any of them. Also, I'd prefer to stay away from the stripe-y glass tiles that are the trend right now, but I am not completely opposed to them. I've included a couple photos in different lighting and a close up of the granite. Thanks so much guys!!
sgal99
If you want a traditional look you could go with a travertine. I have a silver travertine so i could take a picture of it and show it too you but other houses in my neighborhood have a warmer shade of travertine. Do you want a modern or traditional style back splash?
April 9, 2014 at 7:03AM     
I'd remove the existing 4" granite backsplash first. If budget allows, I'd choose backpainted glass. If not, I'd look for a large format tile--something like 6" x 18" or larger--in a warm neutral and set them vertically.
April 9, 2014 at 8:02AM     
Niche for Design
It would be helpful to see some images of the entire kitchen space and also images of the backsplash samples you had looked at, but we unsure about. This would help to get a sense of the style of your space and the look that you are gravitating towards.
April 9, 2014 at 8:06AM     
April 9, 2014 at 8:07AM     
abuterfli
Thanks so much for all your help! Here are some we have been considering- I am leaning towards the one on the back left. We have had a hard time finding travertine that doesn't clash and looks good. Thanks again for your comments! (See new pics... Our kitchen is tiny.)
April 9, 2014 at 9:47AM   
sgal99
I gotta say I like the bottom right one. Its not too busy.but the one your like ties in good with the dark colors in the granite.. here is a pic of my tile. I didn't get any decorative inlays or special border which make it look nicer but it is really pretty up close. very natural. Oh yeah i have the same mixer :D
April 9, 2014 at 9:59AM     
I think all the tiles you've pictured above are too busy. With a small kitchen and busy granite, I would go with something more like your floor tile. In fact, I might actually go with your floor tile. Got any left over?
April 9, 2014 at 10:33AM     
abuterfli
Grover, I agree with your ideas about less busy tile! I will look into the large format and back painted glass fo sho! I hate our floor tiles. Lol. They are porcelain and I was just thinking that our next project should be some other kind of flooring.. Lol. Please keep the ideas coming! It is a big stress reliever, to have others to help me choose! I have been stressing about it big time! ;-)
April 9, 2014 at 11:17AM   
maddierosegirl
Blues, browns, and metallics.
April 9, 2014 at 11:32AM     
Replacing Ceiling Plaster Work In Historic Brownstone
Need to replace a huge historical decorative plaster...
Curb appeal help
I need advice on how to enhance my home's curb appeal....
Recessed Lighting
Not sure what lights to use! vaulted ceiling, Eye...
Need help with blueprint
The problem is the placement of the fireplace. I planned...
I need help with my backyard!!!
okay as you can see I use to have a pool in my backyard...