kitchen help!! What to paint the walls??
Chrissy Conley
this is the kitchen in my recently purchased home! Awful I know! here are a few details:
-- I want good color flow through the house. (living room & hall are turquoise & white)
-- I'm painting the cabinets light grey (or dark brown or black)
-- table for the nook area by the bay windows is same turquoise are living room.

so.... what wall colors would you suggest??
jrhammerschmidt
I don't know if it's your thing, but you could pair a shade of yellow with the colors you described above. It looks like the room is nice and bright.
1 Like   April 9, 2014 at 10:13AM
Leslie Brooks
I love the yellow idea!
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 10:26AM
sgal99
do you want a neutral/cool/bright/warm? My cabinets are black stained(espresso) I have Benjamin Moore Seattle mist on the walls and its a very neutral color.
1 Like   April 9, 2014 at 10:32AM
Chrissy Conley
this is what my table will look like when finished.
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 10:40AM
Chrissy Conley
my husband is not a fan of yellow. the chair rail is what throws me off. do I use 2 colors, 1 color with white rail, or paint the entire wall & rail 1 color......?
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 10:41AM
Katie Gooding
I would go neutral so that it's not competing with the table. As for the chair rail it's really up to you. You could paint it your trim color and paint above and below it the same neutral, you could paint it all one color to make it blend in. Or you could paint the chair rail and the wall below it the trim color and above it your neutral color. It all depends on the look you are going for. Also, if you don't like the chair rail it would just take a couple repairs to nail holes if you decided to remove it.
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 10:49AM
redu interior design
If you're not a fan of the chair rail and don't want to remove it, then paint the entire wall and the rail the same color. It's actually very on trend right now to paint trim and wall color the same. However, you do need to be careful about where your paint breaks. You just need to be mindful of whether or not the chair rail meets up with other pieces of trim on other wall and whether or not you'd want to treat those walls the same way. As for wall color, I would go with something that's either light cream or in the warm white family.
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 10:50AM
sgal99
You can pick one shade swatch at the store. Then use the lightest on the top and a dark shade on the bottom. Or you can do all one color. two shades would add contrast. I would stick with a neutral on the wall .
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 10:50AM
Chrissy Conley
so..... what color cabinets? grey?
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 10:55AM
sgal99
I think grey would be so pretty. It would look best with the flooring that's in there. It would be easy to decorate around. i could not figure out how to link pictures. But search this on houzz. Lana Lounsbury Interiors- downtown. Do you know what style your going for.
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 11:06AM
Chrissy Conley
I have no idea lol
0 Likes   April 9, 2014 at 6:34PM
Design dilemma
What type of curtain can I use print see below would...
Need help with furniture placement
Having a crazy time trying to figure out how to arrange...
New Layout?? design help
Trying to make this room design worthy. It is the...
Help with a wall color
My guest room in my new (but not yet renovated) house...
Vented vs. vent-free gas fireplaces
Currently have both (albeit 6-14 yr. old models) and...