Boring bedroom
laurenhoagland419
Furniture and bedding stays...what can I do for the walls and lamps? Paint color recommendations? Thanks!!!!
dclostboy
Paint the wall behind the bed BM Mineral Ice and put a taller drum shade on the lamps in a color from the bedding...will help balance the room and give it a more up to date appearance.
April 9, 2014 at 7:25pm     
janeinfo
Lovely bedding, but one thing you could do is add to it to add more depth. Adding checkered shams and maybe a luxurious throw on the end of your bed, might be a good start. I also think a large piece of artwork over your bed would be nice. And finally, painting your room a new color (something like BM Marina Gray)

April 9, 2014 at 7:26pm   
janeinfo
Sorry, my checkered picture didn't come through.
April 9, 2014 at 7:29pm     
mansion6
I think this room would look great with a dark grey paint and then a patterned wallpaper on just the feature wall directly behind the bed that would work with your stainless steel lamps and your bedspread. This room is begging for something more dramatic!! Good luck...
April 9, 2014 at 7:32pm     
pcmom1
How about a taller headboard and a couple more pillows?

April 9, 2014 at 7:35pm   
pcmom1
Add some more interest with an area rug extending under the bed and a wall of wallpaper. (click on to see rug)

April 9, 2014 at 7:42pm     
sally78
Maybe, the best things you could do would be:
(1) to add eye-catching patterned bedding (something with a large pattern like pcmom1 shows you above)
(2) to add a couple framed pictures above the bed
(3) to add some good-sized framed black & white family photos on the dresser (horizontal frames--two on one side and one on the other)

….I would also center the lamps on the nightstands.

I think the paint color is fine.

Just my opinions. Good luck with your decisions.

Happy Decorating!
April 9, 2014 at 7:58pm     
laurakdesigns
Pretty colors-- very restful and peaceful. I agree paint and would put the Mineral Ice on all the walls. I think you need something unique with more personality. What's on the windows?
Here's an idea, you could tone down the lamps, but the are quite distinctive

April 9, 2014 at 8:12pm   
Andy Darnell
wall art above the bed. (elsewhere too?) and a rug under the bed will put some variety in there I think, make things look less simple, more designy!
April 9, 2014 at 8:12pm   
libratravel
I would actually recommend painting the head board white... And then go with an awesome print for bedding/pilows. I think I would put my energy into that before painting the walls. Bright art above the bed to tie it all together.
April 9, 2014 at 8:16pm   
laurenhoagland419
Furniture and bedding can't be changed...but the other ideas are great! Anyone have a specific idea for paintings on the wall? Or where I can find something nice. I like soft beachy colors
April 10, 2014 at 3:55pm   
pcmom1
For art: you could do something as simple as heading to Aaron Brothers and buying half a dozen of one frame. Then frame up simple "beachy" art such as prints of shells. Often Aaron Brothers has those. Or go to a bookstore and check out nice cards/calendars.

Oh, buy the art before the frames!

April 10, 2014 at 4:04pm     
mjjk
I agree with others here. Put up accent wallpaper on wall behind bed. Then paint the rest of the room with a color pulled from the wallpaper. Mount the headboard directly on the wall but hang in about 6-8 inches higher than it is now. Accent pillows, new lamp shades, and large print above the bed and you're set.
April 10, 2014 at 5:23pm   
I'd freshen the moldings with a nearly white paint, use a gray with green undertone in a medium value on the walls, black and white art, and a fluffy white comforter.
April 10, 2014 at 6:09pm     
laurenhoagland419
Whoa awesome Grover! Love that color. Exactly what I had in mind. Love the wallpaper too
April 10, 2014 at 6:25pm     
laurenhoagland419
I wish we had Aaron brothers here but we don't (I'm on the east coast!)...I'll look into finding some prints I like though...not into shells though...
April 10, 2014 at 6:52pm   
pcmom1
Guess photo I posted above, which I thought showed shells (I heard beach colors and thought too literally!) is actually many prints of nests.
April 11, 2014 at 8:57am   
pcmom1
If budget allows, and you like the look, doing the entire room in a blue grasscloth would be beautiful. It is classic and simple enough to allow you to change out your bedding for the seasons or just if you want!

April 11, 2014 at 9:02am     
Warner Decor
Hi! I think a throw would help bring your bed to life! Here are a few ideas for you: http://deciture.com/shop/bed/world-market/teal-tatum-throw/
http://deciture.com/shop/decor/belle-and-june/eco-chevron-throw-blanket-blue-pond/

hope this helps!
April 11, 2014 at 9:24am     
linlac
Try Valspar Signature paint, color Eddie Bauer Rope, sold at Lowes. Looks exactly like the color groveraxle posted.
April 11, 2014 at 10:19am     
Cocoweb
choose a photo on the wall with a picture lights to make it stand out.
April 11, 2014 at 10:23am   
laurenhoagland419
love the idea of grass cloth wallpaper. Will look into pricing. Thanks!!
April 11, 2014 at 5:50pm     
laurenhoagland419
What about any of these grays...
April 12, 2014 at 5:37am   
Lauren, we really can't judge paint colors from a monitor. It's even worse than judging them from the paint chip in the store. You have to actually paint a sample board and take it into the actual room with your actual light to see what it really looks like.

That said, of your grays above, only the middle one seems close to the undertone you're looking for. Even it seems a little warm. I can't give you color names, but you might talk to the Ben Moore or SW people and ask for suggestions for cool grays, then take those samples into the space to see how they look in real life.
April 12, 2014 at 6:01am   
dclostboy
Look at BM Marilyn's Dress...it's a gray with a nice blue undertone.
April 12, 2014 at 6:32am     
pcmom1
Only way to judge what paint will do is to paint it on the wall (or ceiling). Maybe the professionals can tell, but certainly not me!

I have a north facing bedroom with a moss green carpet. Picked out a warm toasty beige for the ceiling. It came out a gray/lavender. I call the color "SF fog at sunset". Picked out a light gray for the bath. It came out "Spa blue".
April 12, 2014 at 7:38am   
5 Pebbles, llc
All the major paint brands have a tool online that allows you to upload a photo of your room and try different colors. It's not perfect but it will give you a good idea.
April 12, 2014 at 7:44am   
linlac
I also think number four looks the closest to groveraxle's pic. Here is a houzz pic with the Eddie Bauer color I suggested. If you prefer BM look at gray horse.
April 12, 2014 at 2:11pm   
Bedding needs to be perked up with new pillows in a accent color try teal. Fold top part of comforter back 1/4. There is no life in this room. Go a bold wallpaper behind bed. Grass cloth would work and add texture. Then Paint. A deeper rich color. Get samples put on walls. See what looks good. A soft teal, or aqua may work. Add accessories to night stands like stacking small books or other items. Color is your friend. Add a throw to foot of bed for interest.
April 21, 2014 at 10:19am     
If doing wallpaper. Try a sunburst mirror over bed hang 7" above headboard. Go 24" TJMax good source.
April 21, 2014 at 10:21am     
Please don't try to pick color from a picture on computer. They are not true. ONLY way to get right color is to try on your wall. You can not tell how it will look with a paint chip.
April 21, 2014 at 10:22am     
Kids' shared bedroom looks bland and boring...
Hi guys! I'm decorating a shared bedroom in our new...
Inspiration for my boring bedroom
Hi, I'm looking for advice on making my bedroom a bit...
Boring Bedroom Nook
I have a studio apartment with a lofted bed space....
The most boring bedroom of the world!
Hi all! Three months ago I decided to get rid of...
bedroom is boring
I need colors and a gray for the walls
Dingy dining room help
I have slowly been updating the color scheme in the...
Should I replace the cabinets?
I bought a house from the 60s. Wallpaper, shag carpet,...
Modex. Model sink by Blanco
Has Any one used this sink by blanco ?
Lordy Lordy, Margo's -
Actually, I don't know how old Margo is, but I do know...
Mixing shades and blinds in same room?
The evening sun streams in the upper windows of our...