Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauralena

Mirror/pedestal

Laura Lena
10 years ago
Hi! I have another question about the mirror. How wide is it, compared with the sink? Is it the same width as the sink, or is it a bit wider? The reason I'm asking is that I'm about to place a mirror over my pedestal that will overlap each side by an 1.25". I'm wondering if it'll be okay. Thanks!
Closet to Bathroom Conversion · More Info

Comments (6)

• PRO
    Nelson Wilson Interiors
    10 years ago
    Hi Laura, if I remember correctly the frame of the mirror did exceed the width of the pedestal sink, but exactly by how much I'm not certain of anymore. It worked well for us in this space because it is directly across from the doors to the bathroom, the actual mirror portion was approximately the same size as the sink and by mounting the sconces directly on the mirror your eye is drawn more towards the center of the mirror than the outer edges.
  • Laura Lena
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thank you so much, Nelson. I've been away; sorry for the late reply. In my case, it's a tiny wall-mounted sink. It, too, is opposite the doors. I didn't want to cover the entire wall with mirror. The sink is 12.8" wide. The mirror I bought was 17" x 26" (the frame is two inches thick, so as with your situation, the glass is pretty much the width of the sink). I really wanted a beautiful statement mirror, and a tiny mirror (whose total width was 13" or less) wouldn't cut it. If it looks too odd, I'll get a different one.

Here's the room without the mirror (which hasn't yet arrived). I have a high hat above, and one above the shower (to the left). Thank you so much for your information! Yours is truly my favorite bathroom I've seen on Houzz. (Really.)

Laura
  • vadatimberlake
    9 years ago
    Laura, where did that small sink come from? I need on that is less than 17" deep.
  • jj90009
    9 years ago

Love the tile where is that from?

• PRO
    Nelson Wilson Interiors
    9 years ago

The subway tile is from Adex USA, Hampton Collection colorway Bone. The mosaic floor tile is a square offset mosaic in Bianco Carrara by Artistic Tile.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville