Help me with the colors for our new restaurant!
alikis49
Trying to do this on my own! Orange and brown are back of booths. Seat of booths are the small sample. Wood piece is color of tables and chairs. Adding a picture of light fixtures, not sure if these will work! Tile sample is for entrance and waiting area and around juice bar. Need help with wall colors and any other advice welcome! Tile color and design for back splash behind juice bar also! Thank you!
Here is a Sherwin Williams "read" on your posted colors. Red is said to stimulate appetite, so maybe that darker Spicy Hue would have a similar effect. If you want folks to hang around and relax, the blues or beige tones might be better. Just some thoughts...
2 Likes   April 11, 2014 at 1:37PM
Wisconsin Woodworks
I like what you have so far. I would find a color in the brown fabric for a paint color, like the mustard yellow or sage green. As far as the tile for back splash I would stick with the horizontal pattern shown in your brown fabric. Like a brick pattern.
1 Like   April 11, 2014 at 1:39PM
alikis49
Wisconsin Woodworks, thank you! I was thinking in the yellow family as well for the walls! Now do I add a pop of color in the backsplash? Was thinking browns, beige, whites and a pop of orange here and there, using glass tiles. Thank you so much for your help!
0 Likes   April 11, 2014 at 1:51PM
alikis49
Or would that be to much?
0 Likes   April 11, 2014 at 1:52PM
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
I agree with Wisconsin Woodworks, those yellows or greens would look great with your decor choices. You've done a terrific job so far! I also like the idea of sticking with horizontal tiles for your backsplash. Do you have any images of the juice bar area, so we could get a better idea of what you're working with?
1 Like   April 11, 2014 at 1:54PM
alikis49
Not yet! Will have them soon though!
0 Likes   April 11, 2014 at 1:56PM
alikis49
Thank you all so much! Gave me a boost of confidence!
0 Likes   April 11, 2014 at 1:59PM
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
Here are some interesting options for backsplash tile, just from searching through Houzz. There are so many options out there, so it'd be great to narrow down what you'd like for the backsplash tile. I definitely try to find a few that matched the colors you mentioned. Hope you like them!

Silver and Chocolate Brick Mixed Aluminum Mosaic Tile, Sheet
10 Square Feet - Sunset Beach Hand Painted Glass Mosaic Subway Tile
10 Square Feet - Forest Blanket Hand Painted Glass Mosaic Subway Tile
Bliss Cabernet Random Strip Mosaic Tiles, Mixed, 10 Square Feet
Desert 1" x 4" Brown 1" x 4" Frosted Glass
Sienna Oval Brown Linea Onde Collection Glossy Glass

I tried to find some rusty brown colors. And I also found this funky one that has oranges and greens, but it could go well with what you have, especially with mustard yellow walls.
Chestnut 1" x 6" Brown Brick Victorian Glossy and Iridescent Glass

It's a little more on the contemporary side, but I didn't know which direction you were leaning.
1 Like   April 11, 2014 at 2:15PM
alikis49
I love that one!! Love the colors. Contemporary is what I'm trying to achieve!
1 Like   April 11, 2014 at 2:27PM
alikis49
Going with the last one you gave me, what color of granite would I use on juice bar top?
0 Likes   April 11, 2014 at 2:29PM
Cinar Interiors, Inc.
Try Copper Canyon granite if you are wanting to blend coloring. I will recommend not using a solid color like Black Galaxy or Absolute Black... You will see every water ring from any drink left on top.
2 Likes   April 11, 2014 at 3:07PM
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
If you really like the iridescent backsplash tile, I would recommend a countertop that either blends with the colors well like Cinar Interiors suggested, or at least doesn't detract from it much.

I would suggest staying in one of three color families for the countertops: either a rusty cooper color to blend with the backsplash, a chocolately brown to echo the seats, or a creamy monochromatic counter similar in shade to your floor tile. You'll have a better idea of the big picture and which would fit your space best, but here are some countertop ideas. I'd definitely suggest sticking to one of the colors you already have in your scheme, rather than trying to introduce a new element.

I'm also attaching a collage of your other decor elements to match against.

Copper canyon image: http://www.stonecontact.com/products-234937/copper-canyon-granite-slabs - Silestone's "Sante Fe Brown" might be another good reddish-brown option.

Some brown choices:
Silestone's "Grey Amazon" - http://www.silestoneusa.com/colors/color/grey-amazon/
Marron Chohiba

Some White / Cream options:
Exotic White Granite Quartzite Slabs from Italy 1
Exotic White Granite Quartzite Slabs from Italy 2
Bianco Quartzite Slab

Hopefully that helps!
2 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 8:48AM
alikis49
Thank you so much! I'm not sure if I'm going to go with those colors for the back splash but I have been searching for the creamy granite colors for a week now! Those you sent are exactly what I have been looking for! Big help!!! They are building the juice bar and are needing me to make a choice on the granite.

Hoping they will give me time for the back splash! Love another choice you gave me too for that so trying to figure it out. But for sure I'm going to go with the creamy colors you have given me!

So I guess that would change the colors for the back splash.
1 Like   April 14, 2014 at 9:43AM
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
The creamy granite top will look great with your decor.
If you love that style of granite, it's definitely much easier to change the backsplash to match, rather than the other way around. Good luck making choices! It's an exciting part of the process. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
0 Likes   Thanked by alikis49    April 14, 2014 at 9:50AM
alikis49
Thank you! I'm sure I'll be checking back in with you!
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 9:55AM
alikis49
Any ideas on what color grout to use with tile shown in picture I first posted? Should I blend or not....... Also...I have attached floor tile for bathrooms and wall tile. Trying to pick grout colors for those as well!
0 Likes   May 7, 2014 at 12:25PM
Keesee and Associates, Inc.
If you're going for contemporary, I would suggest choosing grout colors that will blend with your tile for a more seamless effect. The less your grout shows, the more contemporary the design will lean. Contrasting grout is typically more of a traditional look.

Hope that info helps! Love the bathroom tile you posted. Great earthy choices with a very natural feel to them.
1 Like   May 7, 2014 at 12:52PM
alikis49
Thank you so much! That helped me solve my problem! Glad you like the tile for washrooms! Can't tell you enough how I appreciate all the help you have given me and the fast response!
0 Likes   May 7, 2014 at 1:12PM
Please help me decide on wall color for our new kitchen!
Help! I am torn between two green colors for my kitchen...
amytelgen
Help me decide wall colors to our new home
Our new home has huge open area(rectangular) that has...
saradivi
need help in choosing floors for our restaurant
we have to change the floors in our restaurant what...
Nicole Courcy
Please help me redesign my existing Indian restaurant
Please help me redesign my existing Indian restaurant...
Shahid Anis
Kitchen Layout in our new home is giving me a headache!! Help!!
We are just about a week away from me having to finalize...
shellberns
White or stainless
I am completely redecorating kitchen, farmhouse decor...
bjw1958
Yes or no to having a garbage disposal?
My contractor friend who does massive houses ( with...
Diane Mazefsky
Does Tuscan faux finish look dated?
We recently bought a house in Arizona that is very...
gail1979
Traditional tile in a modern kitchen
We would like to use a traditional tile with a modern...
gino7
Bathroom flooring options that are warmer on the feet.
We need to remodel a guest bathroom that currently...
westcoastbrowns