need help selecting wall color
cherilee01
We have 2 chocolate leather sofas, the flooring is light oak (see sample.) The room is currently a beige/sage color (depending on the light.) We are tired of white/vanilla walls. The pillows on the sofa may or may not be used, according to the wall color. Any thoughts? T.here'll be a white float rug under a glass coffee table, also
Wall color is the last item to select after all the fabrics in a space have been chosen. Paint can be matched to anything, but once paint is on the walls, you've limited your fabric options. Pick the pillows you want to use and a rug too. Use the colors from them to choose a wall color. Search Houzz photos for "brown leather sofa" to start gathering ideas you like.
0 Likes   Thanked by cherilee01    April 12, 2014 at 8:39PM
Don't agree, wall color should be chosen, then other factors like fabric etc. you have light floors chocolate sofas. Anything will go with them. Be careful of color on walls. (Like sage etc) can look dated very quickly. Better to go more neutral, then use walls as your canvas. Bring in color with bold art and accessories. Pick a accent color and use around room. In pillows and window covers. I would go a taupe on walls that has a gray undertone. Get samples and put on your walls. To get right color for your room. Then take that color and mix it with a accent color for pillows and rug. Not sure if white rug is the way to go. A rug, with wall Color plus other colors may bring in more interest.
0 Likes   Thanked by cherilee01    April 18, 2014 at 12:47PM
The Visual Merchandising Group
Hello cherilee01.... I think it could depend on how bold you are willing to go on this space. Going with a similar red as what is in the pillow will give the space a majestic feel. Going with a gold/tan tone will give the space a more neutral feel. The you can go with something all together different and purchase pillow covers or have custom covers made for the pillows you have. (No sense in wasting them.) Are there particular colors that you like? My recommendation is to select colors that you enjoy because you will live with them longer. If you select a trend or something similar, you will be painting again in a few months.
0 Likes   Thanked by cherilee01    April 18, 2014 at 1:02PM
cherilee01
The flokati rug has to stay; its a gorgeous , heavy weight ( 3 X 5), that we purchased in Greece 30-plus years ago! It was in our other home, also on top of light wood floors. Looked lovely. There are oak cabinets (base, and very tall, matching glass cabinets) on the main wall. The only other wall is the fireplace. Sliding glass doors (2) on 3rd wall. We'll try to work in a complementary color on the drapes that have to be made.
1 Like   April 18, 2014 at 1:10PM
cherilee01
Its an open floor plan, so the wall color will be in the neutral family (taupe) with , perhaps, a slightly darker color on the fireplace wall.
1 Like   April 18, 2014 at 1:12PM
The Visual Merchandising Group
The gold tones may be a nice pop for you without being overbearing. I think that the red may be too strong with everything else you have but as travisinteriors said, (and I agree), complementary items like artwork, pillows and accessories can bring just the right touch of accent you need and you can change it with the seasons or as you get tired of the accessories.
0 Likes   April 18, 2014 at 1:22PM
Lifespace Designs International
Seeking color scheme help? You can receive FREE color scheme makeover for a room in your home by visiting Lifespace Designs Free Monthly Design Offering Board: http://www.pinterest.com/lifespaceintl/lifespace-free-monthly-design-offering-board-sprin/ and "pin" the Month of May Free Design Offering Pin to enter!
0 Likes   April 19, 2014 at 11:37AM
Need Help in selecting a wall color for my family room walls
I have a family room with white trim, white mantel,...
Need Help selecting a wall color and lighting fixture.
I have just remodeled my kitchen. Cabinets were replaced,...
Need help selecting foyer wall color
We just purchased our new home and it has a very dramatic...
Need help selecting paint color for walls and cabinetry
I am updating my kitchen/sunroom. The cabinetry is...
Need help to select wall n celieng color
Hi! I m very confused to select my room color please...
Monster of a Fireplace...I've never seen anything like it!
Ugh. I don't know what to do with this fireplace that...
Need source for architect desk lamp
Looking for an architect lamp to set on credenza. ...
Paint vs. stucco the retaining wall?
I have block walls plastered and need to decide whether...
Problems with your spouse?
Do you have challenges with your spouse when you're...
Can wood be painted twice?
The previous owner of our house painted the oak kitchen...