Style direction

VANGUARD developmentApril 11, 2014
Here's a good example of our design approach.

A few different design options of the same beauty salon reception area with the same approved floor plan. Sincerely believing there is no such thing as ideal style and every client's taste is different and unique, we see our mission in giving them what makes them happy. Not us, them. Therefore our obligation (the way we see it) is as always - develop several different design options, step back and let the clients choose where they want to live/work...

What would be your choice btw? :)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chemayne
Is this a hair salon? I'd go for 1 or 3
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by VANGUARD development    April 12, 2014 at 1:54AM
PRO
S&Associates
i would go for option 3
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by VANGUARD development    April 12, 2014 at 2:17AM
PRO
Thos. Baker
Number 3. The subdued lighting on the product wall is very effective in this version. The black, white and gray contrasts and pop of yellow give the room urban sophistication and create the image that the owners take a modern approach and offer high-end stylist talent at their salon.

One recommendation for change would be the chandeliers -- to be as modern and bold as the rest of the decor. Something along the lines of the photos posted below.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by VANGUARD development    April 12, 2014 at 2:45AM
PRO
VANGUARD development
We kinda like the chandeliers we have there. :)

It's Smoke from Moooi - an iconic piece. Moooi takes a unique design approach here - they literally burn pieces of furniture and then preserve the charred remains with a clear epoxy coating. As a result each piece differs slightly, as they share the unfamiliar and untamed finish that is categorized by fire.

Furthermore, we personally define this style as fusion - a mix of modern and contemporary with accents of classic (ceiling tile for example). So Smoke chandeliers keep the balance (as we think).
    Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 5:30AM
rosecottagehome
Love number 1. Chandeliers are divine. The only thing missing is Tom Cruise mixing drinks behind the bar.........oh wait, it's a hair salon. Kidding aside, it is gorgeous! Great design.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by VANGUARD development    April 12, 2014 at 5:46AM
PRO
VANGUARD development
Thank you so much Rosecottagehome :)

We work internationally btw - including Canada - so spread the word please. If you need more info, please email us and we will be happy to share more details about the company and the way we work.

In the meantime, here're a few more pictures of the option you liked...
1 Like    Bookmark   April 12, 2014 at 5:57AM
avas15mith11
This is a really cool design. Very nice salon.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by VANGUARD development    April 16, 2014 at 6:59AM
PRO
VANGUARD development
Well, thank you so much. #3 is my personal favorite, frankly. Especially this ceiling tile mosaic solution with random classic accents. Of course at the client's discretion. As always.

Here're a few more images of the #3...
    Bookmark   April 16, 2014 at 12:49PM