Is there any help for this house? #1 a new paint scheme. Thank you.
Janet Perkins
Interior more traditional to transitional than the farm-like exterior. Also, think it would be cool to put a lovely atrium on the side instead of screened in porch. Thank you for any ideas!
ppf.
What is the large round mass above the house?

Picture is dark -- colors hard to see. How about a closeup of the brick, and a brighter overall view.

What color is the roof?

And where is the house located?
0 Likes   Thanked by Janet Perkins    April 13, 2014 at 11:31AM
Janet Perkins
This is a house we are considering buying in MN. The realtor sent me this pic and yes it is dark I am sorry could put the web address on but may be violating some rules / not sure? The brick is pinkish. The roof is a darkish color brown or black. The object in the background is an old famous water tower. The house might look if woods were painted in greens? Currently the door is orangish/red. Thank you for answering me with your questions.
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 6:28AM
ppf.
Really need better images. Making color suggestions is difficult as it is looking at small pictures on screen!
2 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 6:12PM
Janet Perkins
Thanks. Will try to take my own and repost.
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 7:55PM
lhogzett
What if you reversed the main color and the accent color?
2 Likes   Thanked by Janet Perkins    April 14, 2014 at 7:57PM
Janet Perkins
That would be a good idea thank you.
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 7:59PM
bgfuqua
I really like the idea to reverse colors. front door looks as though the trim is skimpy-too narrow. needs foundation plantings. would keep screened porch one season to see if it is used - I like it. would like a substantial bracket/corbel looking as though it helps support the right end of upper balcony. is there a garage?
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 8:27PM
John James O'Brien - Design for Inspired Living
Are you thinking of a conservatory or sunroom in place of the screened porch? (An atrium is actually a space within the confines of a home.) I do find that a glassed in area really expands living space, so long as attention is paid to ventilation!
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 9:49PM
nwduck
Agree with reversing the body color to light, and trim to dark. I also think that a post or more substantial "support" piece at the corner from the upper deck to the porch area, and a little more detailing with woodwork would make a big difference. I'm not at all familiar with screened porches, but is it possible to fit these areas with something like removable storm windows, so it's a little tighter in cooler months, but still a screened porch in summer?
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 11:39PM
Family room
I want to reupholster 2 chairs in charcoal gray ??...
Living Room
Hello, We recently purchased our first home :)...
Cambria Quartz
Has anyone experienced any problems with the Cambria...
How would you finish off a herringbone wall that doesn't go to ceiling
In a couple of days my tiler is set to start in my...
Will this kitchen function?
One of our wishes was to have enough seating for five...