Need help with my living room
shweta10
Hi , we moved in our new house year ago ,I am still not done with finishing my living room .i bought this sectional ,coffee table ,and side tables .i am looking to change the coffee table and add the finishing touch in my living room . Need help!!!!! Please advice on ideas for the blank wall in front of sectional ,wall Decors ,kind of coffee table and window treatments ( I have a bay window ) .
shweta10
Help plz!!!!!
0 Likes   April 13, 2014 at 5:47PM
shweta10
Looking to put two accent chairs by that wall in front of the couch .
Any suggestions ?????
0 Likes   April 13, 2014 at 6:21PM
shweta10
Attaching the pic of accent chairs i liked ... Didn't buy yet .
Advice plz
1 Like   April 13, 2014 at 6:23PM
shweta10
Any ideas plz!!!!!
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 7:46AM
KShoa
And for other walls...

Enjoy decorating!
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 9:42AM
What is this room used for? I don't see a TV. If it's supposed to be a lounging/conversation area, then I think the sectional is a mistake. It doesn't work where it is, and I don't see any other way to place it.

Maybe try taking out the corner piece, then putting the two legs facing each other, one against the wall, the other with its back to the entry, and coffee table in between.

Is that a bay window behind the sofa? If so, I'd take down those drapes; they completely obscure the bay which should be a defining feature of the room.

Your current art over the sofa is too small and hung too high. How about removing everything from the walls for now until you get a workable furniture arrangement? Only then will it be time to think about art and drapes.
4 Likes   Thanked by shweta10    April 14, 2014 at 10:08AM
OK, I played a bit with your room and can see that facing the two legs of the sectional is not going to work. I'll see if I can come up with something else. Is replacing the sectional an option at all?
4 Likes   Thanked by shweta10    April 14, 2014 at 10:32AM
shweta10
yes,it is not a TV room . I will try to move the furniture today the way you said .
completely agree with drapes .
i am planning to get shades and panel drapes .
also i am looking to get chair moulding done in my living room .please suggest me any ideas for that .

thanks
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 12:56PM
shweta10
where should i get the shades from ? any suggestions ?
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 1:09PM
If possible, I would exchange the sectional for a sofa and two chairs. If not possible, then perhaps try the two parts of the sectional arranged as shown in the second rendering below.

I don't know what your bay window looks like, so I guessed. I would use shades only, leaving it undraped.
4 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 3:07PM
GONZALO DE SALAS
Regarding the coffee table, as sculptor and furniture designer what else can i do but to invite you to see my designs. I wouldn't write you if I wouldn't thing they wouldn't go well with your decoration,

You can visit : www.gonzalodesalas.com/en

All my tables are made on demand, therefore you can choose the size, colors, and material.

Here I post some examples.

If you need further information you can email me at:
gds@gonzalodesalas.com
2 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 3:25PM
shweta10
Thanks for the suggestions... @ groveraxle , you are so good ..do u do interior decor as a hobby or you r pro ?
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 3:56PM
shweta10
I think i will be end up in buying new sofa , will check if i can use this one in my T.V room .
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 3:57PM
isiscarmona
You can put some accents (i suggest pillows) like turquoise, yellow, or even lime green. Also a canvas with a bright paint. hope this helps.
1 Like   April 14, 2014 at 4:10PM
shweta10
Any suggestions on this chair , i want to put as an accent chair in my living room
0 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 5:12PM
shweta10, I am not a pro, but thanks for the compliment. Before you buy a new sofa, try the configuration in my second rendering above. It might work and actually look good.

For the record, I am (with tongue in cheek) founder of the Just Say No to Sectionals Society. I've seen too many dilemmas where people have sectionals that just don't work. And you have the mother of all sectionals there, perfect for an auditorium, perhaps. A regular living room, not so much. ;-)

You asked about art, so I'm going to do a quick rendering of the art you have over the sofa now and see if it might be made to work. I'll be back.
2 Likes   Thanked by shweta10    April 14, 2014 at 5:56PM
Here is your floral art in the first rendering, and art by Kat Shoa in the second. I think Kat's trees would look good in this space. Here is a link to her store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/katshoa
3 Likes   April 14, 2014 at 6:22PM
shweta10
Lol .... Ok .
I am actually enjoying home decor now :)
1 Like   April 14, 2014 at 9:11PM
Lainie D'Eon
Groveraxle.. I'm with you ..on the no sectionals..too many problems. I choose your 1st pic with the 2 chairs .. more cozy. We have no indication of what style of furniture is in the rest of the house. Maybe shweta10 could post a few pics of some of her existing furniture in other rooms. Would make it easier to get a feel for her style.
1 Like   April 14, 2014 at 9:37PM
Lainie D'Eon
shewata10.. is the adjoining room with the fireplace your TV room?
1 Like   Thanked by shweta10    April 14, 2014 at 9:39PM
shweta10
Yes that fire place area is going to bar area and 1 step down to that is tv room
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 5:42AM
shweta10
The best part is I don't have too much furniture . So pics you see that's how it look now :)
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 5:44AM
shweta10
So I made up my mind that I will buy new sofa for my living room ... Any suggestions ????? Where should I go shopping ????
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 5:46AM
Sustainable Dwellings
Keep the sofa!! lower the artwork a tad. Get a glorius area rug. Raise the drapes- they should be floor to ceiling. You seem to be one of few who actually have space for the huge sectional. It is OK.
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 5:49AM
Lainie D'Eon
Please check out my requests 2 , above.
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 5:50AM
Lainie D'Eon
shweta, Where to go shopping??... please advise us of your "Style" then suggestions can be made... could you post a pic of some furniture in other rooms.
When shopping for a new sofa it is best to make the furniture plan first. Take a measurement of the space that you have decided to place the new sofa, ( furniture in a BIG store will always look small...but when you get it home...it will look large )!!
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 6:09AM
shweta, you only have two living room photos in your ideabook, but from what I can see, it looks like you like Restoration Hardware style. However, Leona is absolutely right. Make a plan before you go shopping so you know exactly what sizes and colors and styles you want.

I will return after breakfast with some suggestions, and we can hone your choices, if you'd like.
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 7:03AM
myhansons
@groveraxle What program are you using when you take a photo of a room and are able to design it? Thanks!
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 7:11AM
shweta10
I like contemporary look ...
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 7:36AM
shweta10
Any suggestions for shades on windows ???? Who should i use ???
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 7:46AM
@myhansons, I use Photoshop Elements.
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 11:26AM
myhansons
Thanks @groveraxle. I'd love your suggestions with my room! http://www.houzz.com/discussions/941276/Help---Need-YOUR-help-with-my-living-room-
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 11:37AM
shweta10
Thanks Leona for the great advice ... Small things but makes a big difference .
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 12:41PM
I just priced a single 36" x 54" Roman shade at Restoration Hardware, Room and Board, and Smith and Noble. Smith and Noble was considerably cheaper than the other two: http://www.smithandnoble.com/category/shades/roman-shades
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 1:19PM
I apologize for just dumping the furniture in your room, but reorienting furniture is the one thing I can't do. To the chairs you posted above, I added one of Kat Shoa's tree paintings, then used that to choose tables, rugs, and pillows.

You can go lots of different ways with this room; this is just two variations with teal and rust. I would suggest you start with an inspiration piece--for me it's usually art--and use that to inform your color palette. Then, before you actually buy a single thing, put everything together and see how it goes. If it doesn't make a harmonious whole, then remove what doesn't work and try something else.

I used Restoration Hardware's Belgian roll arm sofa, tables, rugs, and pillows all from Pottery Barn.
3 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 2:15PM
slmanley
I think an area rug to anchor the furniture would be first thing.
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 2:19PM
shweta10
@ grover ... I love it .
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 3:09PM
KShoa
Oh wow, I just realized a few of my artworks have been rendered into the photos here - twice! Thanks grover!

With this configuration, if you want some teal artwork on your bigger wall, I have a couple of larger pieces for you. Also of other colors. Posting a few... These can be printed very large or medium. I didn't post these earlier because of the furniture configuration. When you're done with the furniture, just drop me a note on Houzz or Etsy and I'll give you some suggestions. I don't get all the notifications here.
2 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 4:48PM
shweta10
Thanks for all the suggestions .... I started with my shopping . Step -1 : shades for the window .
Step-2 : make curtain rod higher .
Step-3 : sectional goes in TV room .
Step -4 : shopping for new sofa .

Finally getting closer and closer and my head is more clearer on what i want to do .
Thanks again .
I am still looking for suggestions with some modern sofa and accent chair set for my living room .
1 Like   April 16, 2014 at 12:07PM
How modern do you want to go? The sofa in the last rendering I did is more transitional; you can find it at Restoration Hardware: http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/category/products.jsp?categoryId=cat1537055

If you want more mid-century modern, try Thrive: http://www.thrivefurniture.com/

Be careful with that, because mid-mod doesn't always play nice with other styles. It can look out of place if you don't get all furnishings and accessories just right.

Then there are the usual suspects: http://www.westelm.com/shop/furniture/sofas/all-sofas/?cm_type=lnav http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furniture/sofas/1 http://www.cb2.com/sofas/furniture/1 http://www.potterybarn.com/shop/furniture-upholstery/sofas/all-sofas/?cm_type=lnav
1 Like   April 16, 2014 at 6:00PM
Amy Vangsgard Gallery
The room could use more color. It would be nice to see accent chairs in an orange tone with matching orange tone pillows on the couch. The artwork on the wall is up to high and too small for the space. Try moving it down and separate the sections or use something new and more colorful.
2 Likes   April 16, 2014 at 6:43PM
shweta10
@ amy , I visited your website ... Beautiful artwork .i will contact you once i am done with sofa .
0 Likes   April 17, 2014 at 8:14AM
Amy Vangsgard Gallery
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
0 Likes   April 17, 2014 at 9:59AM
shweta10
Finally the shades arrived today ... Waiting for it to be fixed on windows tomorrow . Will post the pics , can't wait ....
So the next step will be curtains oh yes , I am also raising the curtain rods up ( as you all suggested )
I am actually enjoying it now ...
1 Like   April 30, 2014 at 6:32PM
shweta10
Please advice the art for the wall above the sofa
0 Likes   May 30, 2014 at 4:39PM
A great big wall requires great big art.
2 Likes   May 30, 2014 at 5:35PM
shweta10
Thanks Groveraxle ... I was really hoping if u could photoshop .where to shop from these big art pieces ???
0 Likes   May 30, 2014 at 6:51PM
Amy Vangsgard Gallery
I think a series of three or more pieces of art would compliment the large seating area you have. The room needs some warmer and brighter tones to go along with your beautiful wood floor. Attached are two different configurations should work well.
2 Likes   May 30, 2014 at 8:54PM
shweta10
@ Amy , I loved the second one .
0 Likes   May 30, 2014 at 8:59PM
Amy Vangsgard Gallery
I am so glad you like it! Let me know if you need me to make custom prints in this configuration.
0 Likes   May 31, 2014 at 8:05AM
shweta10
Is it on canvas ???
0 Likes   May 31, 2014 at 8:18AM
Amy Vangsgard Gallery
You will be able to order prints from my website on canvas, paper, acrylic or metal. http://amy-vangsgard.artistwebsites.com/
1 Like   May 31, 2014 at 9:01AM
shweta10
What do u recommend for living room
0 Likes   May 31, 2014 at 9:10AM
Amy Vangsgard Gallery
I think acrylic had a wonderful sleek modern look to it. Below is a link with prices. I would recommend the 24" x 36 I size. Before you make an order I can give you a discount coupon off my commission. Here is link which will give price breakdowns, http://amy-vangsgard.artistwebsites.com/products/fury-rain-4-amy-vangsgard-acrylic-print.html
1 Like   May 31, 2014 at 9:42AM
shweta10
Any suggestions for this art for my living room ....
1 Like   June 3, 2014 at 2:52PM
shweta10
Or this one I would use 3 of these
0 Likes   June 3, 2014 at 4:00PM
shweta10
Ok ... So wanted to keep u all updated about my project . Although it's very slow but it's work in progress :)
As u see curtains gone , art is changed ... I am waiting for art to be hung up on the wall .
Now I have the art , and color theme in mind ... My next step is area Rug and cushions and I want to change the coffee table too .
So please help me out to choose the right area rug ...
Thanks a lot :)
1 Like   July 25, 2014 at 5:10PM
shweta10
I saw this one at Marshall's but wasn't sure if the print is too busy for my living room ...
Any recommendations ????
1 Like   July 25, 2014 at 5:12PM
shweta10
Please advice .....
0 Likes   July 26, 2014 at 6:21AM
Lainie D'Eon
@shewata10... have you chosen a sofa yet? Always the larger before the smaller. Think you said that the sectional is going in the TV room or will your next sofa also be brown? Always big pieces before the smaller .
0 Likes   July 26, 2014 at 9:49AM
shweta10
Hi , for now I will have to keep the sofa , as this is not fitting in TV room :( my plan is to probably get rid of the corner part and make it non sectional .
1 Like   July 26, 2014 at 9:53AM
shweta10
I also ordered two accent chairs which will give me little more idea for furniture placement ...
0 Likes   July 26, 2014 at 9:54AM
Lainie D'Eon
I'm no pro but I think it is easier to pick the rug 1st then the art. But since you now have the art maybe get a rug that doesn't have "ALL" the colors that are in the art & a bit more with the same style of the art would be a better choice.

Would the sectional fit in the TV room if it started on the TV wall & ran along the window wall.?This would mean moving the TV to the living room wall side. Seems like the placement of the sofa in the TV room now does not allow for many people to view the TV at the right angle.
1 Like   July 26, 2014 at 10:22AM
shweta10
Yup you are right , but have no option as the room shape is like that . Actually current sectional's corner is huge for that room ...I like your opinion about rug .
0 Likes   July 26, 2014 at 11:37AM
shweta10
@Leona ... I am planning to take the corner part out if this sectional and make this one as a 4 piece straight couch along the big wall . And then I can buy two piece couch for the other side .... Any recommendations ???
0 Likes   July 30, 2014 at 7:21PM
leslieazz
A great area rug, artwork, cocktail table and chair will bring this room together. Feel Free to email your floor plan to Vera@cliffyoungltd.com and we will make recommendations for you. Our website is www.cliffyoungltd.com and we have a lot of items that go with your sectional. Our signature Rugs would be a great addition to this room and we can custom color them to your specifications. In addition to the fine quality of our rugs the prices are also excellent.
0 Likes   July 30, 2014 at 7:43PM
Lainie D'Eon
@shewata 10.. so you will have the 4 cushion sofa & a 2 cushion sofa ... will you also have 2 chairs?
I think we need to know more information. Could you give us the width & length of the room indicating also the size of the living room area towards the side where the fireplace is & the width of both openings to the room.
Need to know if you are considering putting any cabinets or tables in the room. Will this room be used for a conversation room only.
It may be difficult to "keep this sectional for now" & still get the look that you desire.
1 Like   July 30, 2014 at 8:14PM
shweta10
Thanks Leslieazz ... Will def look at website .
0 Likes   July 31, 2014 at 10:06AM
shweta10
@ Leona yes for tables and accent chairs . Will add dimensions of my room when I reach home :)
1 Like   July 31, 2014 at 10:07AM
shweta10
@ Leona and groveraxle .... Am I going in right direction ???? This big chair got delivered today and the plan is to order another one and put it on the other side of sofa right next tone table in a angle so that it creates a conversational area .... Any ideas ????
Please advice !!!!
0 Likes   August 1, 2014 at 4:39PM
I like the pillows you chose.

The room seems very bright and warm. Let's cool it down a bit. I'll return with a rug and, I hope, some tables.

Pull that poor chair out of the corner and let it join the group. Pull it right up to within 18" of the current coffee table. When you get your second chair, you can put it opposite the sofa for a nice conversation group.

BTW, the windows look so much better with the shades.
2 Likes   August 1, 2014 at 5:26PM
shweta10
I want to thank you all for helping me out with this project ...Finally I am moving forward and I think in right direction ... @ Groveraxle I am so confused about the rug ( as usaual )would love it if u can give me a idea with your photoshop skills ;)
Will post the pic with correcting the chair position .
0 Likes   August 1, 2014 at 6:20PM
Rugknots Oriental Rugs
Multicolor rug will also look nice.@groveraxle what do you think about these choices?
0 Likes   August 1, 2014 at 6:40PM
Sorry, Rug Knots, I think she needs a plain rug. Uh, shweta, I photoshopped a rug into your room above. I chose a celery green shag and posted a link, along with links to the other items in the room. If you have other rugs you want to see, post the links here, and I will put them in your room.
1 Like   August 1, 2014 at 8:55PM
0 Likes   August 1, 2014 at 9:05PM
shweta10
@ Groveraxle ... Sounds good .
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 9:36AM
shweta10
So here is the position of the accent chairs as close to the sofa as possible , I cannot move it more closer than this as it blocks the view from other side ... Do u think the chair is too big for this living room style ??( height is 49.8") . Should I order the other one same kind ???? Or return this one and get something with back with height lower than this one ????
Please advice ???
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 7:56PM
shweta10
@ Leona ... Dimensions of my living room are :living room -20ft long x13ft wide with 7.3 ft entrance
Dining section is 12ft long and 10ft wide ...one step down to dining section starts the fire place area .
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 8:09PM
abbyjean
I think you will be happier with a different style and color of accent chairs in this room. With a solid couch, I like a pattern in the chairs.
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 8:17PM
Shorter, smaller chairs would be better. Chairs go here:
4 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 8:24PM
Lainie D'Eon
Grover .. thanks for the visual .. was just going to say thought this is what you meant! Any suggestions for a piece of furniture in the corner where the chair was previously?
1 Like   August 2, 2014 at 9:00PM
Lainie D'Eon
Like grover's arc lamp suggestion.
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 9:01PM
shweta10
Hi , that's the entrance of the living room :( I know accent chairs looks perfect there ... agree with Abby Jean regarding pattern chairs . Will continue shopping :)
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 9:09PM
Here's what you can put in the corner where the chair used to be:
2 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 9:25PM
shweta10
@groveraxle...the placement of accent chairs u have in last photoshop ... I can't put it there as that's the entrance of living room .
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 9:39PM
abbyjean
Will you sit on the couch and take a pic of that area?
1 Like   August 2, 2014 at 10:08PM
shweta10
I hope it gives you a bit clearer idea about shape of my living room
0 Likes   August 2, 2014 at 10:19PM
Get smaller chairs than the one you have and play with their placement around the end of the sectional till you have a cozy conversation area with room for passage behind the chairs. You need three feet behind the chairs and if the room is 13' wide, I think you can do it with an arrangement like that below:
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 3:28AM
shweta10
Will try this one , and will post pics ..
Thanks again .
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 4:30AM
shweta10
Hi , so I tried putting this sectional in every way .... Nothing is working :( will continue to look for smaller accent chairs.
Is there any rule for size of the rug ? I don't wanna buy too big ... What's the minimum I need ?
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 11:46AM
Lainie D'Eon
Ahha .. moment.. now I can see the problem!! In the 1st pics that you have shown.. the sectional goes so close to the entryway wall that with 2 chairs facing the sectional they would be not making a corner with that end of the sectional but be protruding into the seating space of that end of sectional Most likely with grover's last suggestion the chair towards the window will do the same. Wow, this sectional sure is giving you some grief.. is it possible to sell it & give yourself an "easier" solution? Please, don't even think about a rug until the furniture placement is resolved.
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 12:14PM
shweta10
You are right Leona ... But this two walled living room ( as third side is entrance ) will give me an issue to make a conversational area . I was playing around with the ottoman and bench I had at home . Let me know what u think , I can look in to accent ottoman or bench on third side ????
Please advice ??
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 12:32PM
Lainie D'Eon
I love moving furniture .. but don't do photoshop ..YET.
Your room is long & narrow so need to shorten the arrangement to make it look more square. How many people would you need to seat in this room?

If you are up for it I have some suggestions that may give you an idea for layout.

#1 - In reality there will never be room to place furniture in the spot in front of the entryway opening.

#2 - look at the floor plan & take a walk through from entryway opening to the dining area.. Your pathway will probably be close to the wall where the metal decor is now.

#3 - Now for a very strange request.. would you remove the corner piece of the sectional.. then pull the right piece to the left so that it touches the longer piece to the window side. This will shorten the length of the sectional & make more room for the pathway.

#4 - then take that sectional piece & put it where that brown chest is now.

Put some towels or rags under the feet of the sectional as I know they can be very heavy & don't want scratches on that floor!

This would not be the furniture of choice but would give you an idea space wise.
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 1:09PM
shweta10
Great thinking Leona ... Got my project for tonight :)) will keep u updated.thanks a lot .
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 1:38PM
Lainie D'Eon
Welcome!.. like I say don't know till you try!
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 1:43PM
Try this:
1 Like   August 3, 2014 at 1:47PM
shweta10
@ groveraxle ... Looks so good . Will try this one ;)
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 8:37PM
shweta10
Still playing around :)))
Please advice !!!!
0 Likes   August 5, 2014 at 2:25PM
shweta10
@ Leona and Groveraxle ... Does it look any better ???? So these two armless chairs will be replaced with either 2 sitter sofa and two right and left arm chairs ... Is it going in right direction ???
0 Likes   August 7, 2014 at 6:31AM
sondramartina
Are you keeping the tufted chair? It looks disproportional and off with your sectional .
0 Likes   August 7, 2014 at 6:51AM
abbyjean
Do not buy another sofa......see how hard they are to arrange around? Two chairs in that window will be perfect!!! Lower ones to not block the view and even swivel ones if you want to turn and look out the window.
1 Like   August 7, 2014 at 7:10AM
tlparks
I haven't read through all this dilemma, but would like to make a couple of comments. I think this most recent setup is a much better arrangement. There is a LOT of brown in the room. I would like to see another coffee table and a softer color for wall hanging and pillows and an area rug. Good luck. Will be following to watch progress. :)
1 Like   August 7, 2014 at 7:20AM
shweta, your very last arrangement is the best. I didn't realize you could reconfigure that sectional to make it a regular sofa. Yes, you are definitely going in the right direction.

Now, listen to abbyjean and tlparks. Replace the two armless chairs with chairs that are lower and not brown.
1 Like   August 7, 2014 at 9:02AM
Here are some chair possibilities: the tulip chair from West Elm, and my new obsession, the Pennie chair from Crate and Barrel.
2 Likes   August 7, 2014 at 9:52AM
abbyjean
I think lighter looking chairs in front of the window will make the art be great over that couch you just made there. Orange pillows tie it in and lighter chairs will, too. Notice the new coffee table lightens the room up a bunch.
1 Like   August 7, 2014 at 11:40AM
shweta10
Thanks everyone ... Will continue my shopping .slowly .... But def moving forward with everyone 'a help .special thanks to groveraxle for her Photoshop skills , it really helping me a lot .
1 Like   August 7, 2014 at 11:47AM
shweta10
I am still waiting to go for shopping for those chairs by the window .
In the mean time I wanted to buy a rug .... I am confused here .please advice ...???
0 Likes   August 21, 2014 at 8:48PM
The rugs are all way too small. It needs to be big enough to put the front feet of all the furniture on the edge. Your rug needs to be 3-4 feet longer and 3-4 feet wider. I like the green trellis pattern if it were big enough.
2 Likes   August 21, 2014 at 9:05PM
Larisa Blum
Chiming in really late, but I actually like the sofa configuration the way that you started. Because your round coffee table echoes a Tunisian serving tray or Ethiopian platter, I would continue with a middle eastern theme by getting a Persian rug in a classic pattern. As far as art on the wall, I see some tapestry or something woven framed with a linen mat bordering it. Either that or a super modern print. The one you have up now is too saturated. I am thinking of something like a Matisse cutout...
Here's an overdyed red rug that's modern but winks at classic... http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/nuLOOM-Handmade-Wool-Transitional-Patchwork-Overdyed-Red-Rug-7-6-x-9-6/8282942/product.html?refccid=ZGRKQJCLPYX2WJKMYD42ITFDOM&searchidx=4.
Here's a framed tapestry, but I think the white mat should be a lot bigger proportionally. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/antique-cloth-wall-art/s655149?a=1552

Here's a sample of a more minimalist style for art, but not that you should go for a poster... http://www.urbanloftart.com/matisse-85158/blue-nude-i-art-print.htm?source=GoogleAdwords&ad=P85158_GoogleShopping&gclid=CJnhnImCpsACFYqBfgodFrQA5w
This would give the room a more international look. Good luck!
0 Likes   August 21, 2014 at 9:19PM
kkshoppingqueen
Definately the one with the darker pattern
1 Like   August 21, 2014 at 9:26PM
shweta10
I got this one from Marshall's ... Not sure if they have bigger size . This one is 5.3x7.6 , so u think 7x9or 8x10 will be good enough ??
0 Likes   August 21, 2014 at 9:40PM
barney63
Crate and Barrel has a good selection of furniture and the senior staff provide advice. Also West Elm has many things - lamps and chairs. I am having sofa made like the chair from C&B - here is an example of two tables they sell. I just got two standing lamps from West Elm - sorry about the messy table.
1 Like   August 21, 2014 at 11:45PM
abbyjean
Measure how much you need to add on to the rug you like to make the furniture fit on the edge of it. Then you will know the size to shop for. You will be amazed at how much different the room feels once you have a rug that fits the space.
1 Like   August 22, 2014 at 6:15AM
shweta10
Sounds good !!
0 Likes   August 22, 2014 at 6:53AM
I hate to break it to you, but if that rug is a bit less than 6 x 8, you probably need a 9 x 12. An 8 x 10 will be barely as long as your couch.

I like the new sofa configuration a lot, BTW. Removing that corner piece has really opened up the space. It now looks like a comfortable space for conversation instead of a waiting room. ;-)
1 Like   August 22, 2014 at 7:35AM
shweta10
Thanks groveraxle ... With all the help from houzzer's I am enjoying this and I am going in right direction ;)
Big thanks to you for your photo shop skills , without that I would have never change the furniture placement .
A dumb question .... How high up should I hang the art ? What's the rule ?
0 Likes   August 22, 2014 at 11:21AM
abbyjean
I am so anxious to see that art hung and bet you are anxious to get it hung so you can sit comfortably again. I am going to say 6-8 inches above the back of the couch. Do not have a huge space in between the pieces, either. More math....aim for 3/4 of the space to be covered and not the entire couch. Hoping grover gives you numbers, too, and that I am close???? I am still learning, too.
1 Like   August 22, 2014 at 11:26AM
abbyjean got it right. About like this:
2 Likes   August 22, 2014 at 12:48PM
And that's also about the size your rug should be.
1 Like   August 22, 2014 at 12:49PM
shweta10
Sounds perfect ... I am looking forward ... Will post pics .
0 Likes   August 22, 2014 at 12:51PM
abbyjean
Can't wait. You have to feel better pounding in the nails now.
1 Like   August 22, 2014 at 12:53PM
shweta10
It's postponed till Tommorow :(
0 Likes   August 22, 2014 at 5:47PM
shweta10
I like this chair , not sure if it will go with my living room . Any recommendations????it is blue color . I can always change the pillow and don't have rug yet.
Please advice ....
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 10:08AM
barney63
No that chair dies not sync with your leather sectional- style too formal and blue too dark. Sorry
1 Like   August 26, 2014 at 10:36AM
I agree with barney. Look at lighter colors.
1 Like   August 26, 2014 at 11:30AM
shweta10
Should it be leather only ???
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 12:34PM
abbyjean
I do not think they need to be leather. Just low and light. Think grover posted nice ones on August 7. Aim for something like this.
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 12:37PM
Actually, it would be better if the chairs were NOT leather. You've already got more than enough leather in the space.
2 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 1:26PM
This would be perfect:
1 Like   August 26, 2014 at 1:27PM
barney63
The low blue ones from ?Crate and Barrel would look great!
Here is an example of a cushion that would work well with the leather sofa
1 Like   August 26, 2014 at 1:47PM
shweta10
Sounds good groveraxle .... I will show it to my husband and will place an order .
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 3:51PM
barney, that cushion and the blue chairs are both great, except they don't go with the art.
1 Like   August 26, 2014 at 4:05PM
buddha7979
Leather sofas can really dominate the room and can give an overall cold feeling. I would add some earthy elements, like a wood coffee table with glass or metal. Go to Restoration Hardware's website and look at their sofa room scenes. And I'm sorry I think the art is too harsh for the room. That's all your eye goes to in the room. too overpowering. I would look for something softer or maybe a cool mirror and I would add color to the room with pillows and some colorful lamps. I also think woven blinds would look great. They add warmth and give a finished look. The color of your window treatments should contrast your wall color a bit, not match it or else it starts to look generic and blah.. You have warm walls, warm floors and the woven blinds, like Hunter Douglas brand would pull it all together for you.
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 6:19PM
barney63
I think the art needs to change - here is an example.
0 Likes   August 26, 2014 at 6:29PM
shweta10
Thanks for all the suggestions .... I will have to keep the art . Also so far I have been getting compliments for it from the friends and family . I will try to calm it down with the Rugs and pillow and may be with other two chairs and cocktail table .
0 Likes   August 27, 2014 at 9:02AM
Need help with my grey oak flooring for My Bed room, Hallway and Living room?
Jus decided with my grey oak flooring - now tooo confused...
tejupar
Need help deciding the color of my living room next to my bold dining room
My dining room is a lime green with a white accent...
Uva Sizer
to give light into a bedroom!!!
its a rectangular bedroom, but the window are not directly...
lulublue82
Grey or white aluminium windows?
Hi First time posting. We are refurbing and extending...
madamemaison
Living room & kitchen color help
So moms' dining room is this orange color. It's really...
lizzy313
What are your home plans for 2015?
What have you got in store for your home in 2015? ...
Ok it's me again, mforr are you around?
Starting a new project! Building a small house 1350...
marvymare