Feedback on table lamp options

mavro00April 14, 2014
I'm looking for a table lamp for my media console and feedback on these options I found. (The wall is painted BM Edgecomb gray.) The stripped lamp also comes in pure white. The lamps are blown glass and walnut. Is the white too stark? At first I was thinking a color, but I liked these shapes. Any feedback for other shape suggestions would be welcome! I think the strip is fun, but not sure it works and may be limiting for other options. )Would love a plant to the left, but cats eat them there!)
leemiller
I really like the taller lamp, the white one is too bright IMO compared to the rest of the colors. But you've only shown a little bit of the room.
    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 14, 2014 at 7:15PM
aliya6982
I like the shape of the first option. I don't think you need to do color here because the shape is so interesting.
    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 14, 2014 at 7:16PM
abbyjean
Just wondering....does a lamp cause a glare on the tv while watching it??? Is light needed there or are you looking for an accessory?
1 Like    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 7:36PM
mavro00
Thanks for your feedback leemiller and aliya. I really like the shape of the first option too. It is white also though. Hard to tell if it might be just as bright as the other one in person. The other option was gray. But I'm not sure I like the gray/walnut combo or that it blends well. I added the stripped option I think is fun lamp, but I think it might be too hard to work with other items. It's a nice shape too, but less unique I think.
    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 7:40PM
mavro00
No abbyjean, I have a (temp) lamp there now and it makes a nice glow in the corner but does not disrupt the viewing screen. I don't like bright overhead light when I'm relaxing at night. It's my main source of living room light. So I want something pretty to look at too!
    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 7:49PM
sstarr93
I love the taller lamp, but feel that it is in competition with the TV set. I would consider a floor lamp, and use that interesting table lamp on another side table.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 14, 2014 at 7:52PM
mavro00
Thanks for the suggestion sstarr. But I have a really small living room and the only other place for a side table has no outlet.
    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 7:55PM
abbyjean
OK.......thanks. I think the lamp should be taller than the tv, but I am wondering if you would be interested in trying this.......I realize the tv is now centered on the console, but it also makes the lamp look a bit crowded there since it is also a good size. Maybe they should each have more of their own space. Keep the lamp on the end you have it, but can the tv move down more? Away from the lamp a bit and even put the little vase between them instead.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 14, 2014 at 7:58PM
aliya6982
I don't like the striped option. I do like the grey (one with the beige lamp shade). I think it goes well with the walnut
rosecottagehome
mavro can you photo shop the grey lamp with the white shade onto your console. Love that console BTW
mavro00
abbyjean thanks. Sure, I can try anything! I appreciate all the suggestions. Aliya, I agree the striped is too much. You're right. But I think it's a fun lamp in the right situation. Do you think grey will go with any other colors? My room is a bit off a mess now. I'm just staring to work on it and don't quite know what colors I'll end up with. Also my taste has changed since i was younger, but I can't replace all items I no longer like and am trying to make it all work together in the end. Rosecottagehome: Yes, I can do that for you. Thank you for the console compliment! Thank you all so much. I can drive my friends crazy with this stuff! They don't care!
    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:13PM
mavro00
Rosecottagehome: just for you! aliya, better than the white you think? Shade options: eggshell linen or natural burlap.
    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:24PM
mavro00
Gray with burlap shade:
5 Likes    Bookmark   April 14, 2014 at 8:27PM
aliya6982
I vote for grey with burlap. It doesn't stand out too much and it gives me a cozy feeling.
    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 14, 2014 at 8:51PM
Rita Patrick
I like white shade. It looks more updated and modern,
    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 14, 2014 at 9:35PM
abbyjean
Burlap is at the top of my list, too. Love that with gray. I have several items in my home with those two colors.
    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 15, 2014 at 5:11AM
laurakdesigns
Gray with burlap looks the best. I'd remove the green vase on the left. Less is more....
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 15, 2014 at 5:31AM
rosecottagehome
Grey with burlap, I agree also. Very nice.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by mavro00    April 15, 2014 at 3:56PM
Need lighting feedback
This is an informal dining space in my home off the...
Rachel H
Your feedback Please!
Hi there, I would like your expert feedback on my...
designfanatic1
End tables or what options?
What would you use for those big Catnapper style recliners...
lorenabaker
Need furniture layout options for my narrow livingroom please
I have just purchased new livingroom furniture and...
seeblue
need help and feedback for our redone basement
Need help arranging the furniture for this office/craft...
decorgirly
color dilemma, HELP!!!
Delima. Small bathroom blueish gray floor tile earthtone...
Lorrie Colson
Green carpet dilemma!
We currently have gold on our walls. We r planning...
Dana Ellis
Picture too big???
I love this picture for my dining room!!! Do you think...
csoden1972
Re-use: Where do YOU keep all the tote bags?
Do you have a tote bag or grocery shopping station...
leata
painting old plaster walls
Olsd plaster walls after removing wallpaper in 1920's...
mcald