Need Help deciding on kitchen countertop and backsplash
sonurishee
April 15, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I want to put a quartz \ granite counterop and install a matching backsplash in my kitchen, I need help in deciding what color countertop and backsplash should I choose to match my existing Tiles and cabinet. Please see attached pictures. All suggestions are welcome!!

i was thinking to paint my walls with soft grey..
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Vitroceram Inc.
To compliment your gorgeous floor tiles we would like to suggest the use of glass tiles for your back splash. These would enhance the natural light coming into your beautiful kitchen. You could go with a neutral field tile and accent with a color to tie in with your floors. This can be achieved by using anyone of our 37+ standard formats or 15+ Architectural assemblies, giving you a truly custom experience just for you. Please feel free to visit our site for countless ideas and options available, to make this a truly unique experience just for you. Wishing you a sparkling day.
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 11:46AM
PRO
Timeless Interiors
Agreed on the glass tile. To compliment the existing floors, I love the idea of a grey wall with River White granite and a 2x8 or 3x6 glass tile backsplash (brick pattern) in a light grey tone. Here are a few photos to give you a visual:
4 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 12:07PM
PRO
Dytecture
A slightly darker gray would be ideal for the countertop.
2 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 12:14PM
PRO
Deb Bayless - Design for Keeps
Greetings! You have a very clean aesthetic in your kitchen with the square lines and warm honey tones and cool tone floor tile. I think you are taking the right course by thinking of grey walls which will tie the floor tile back into the room. For countertops, I would suggest you keep that same palette in mind. Many of the quartz countertop manufacturer's have a concrete toned offering. DalTile One Quartz has a "stormy sky" that is grey with a honey undertone that would look lovely. For granite, you really need to look at a stoneyard to assess the variety that is inherent in a natural material. Some options to consider might be Blue Flowers or Winter Frost as seen here courtesy of Terrazzo & Marble.
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 12:41PM
sonurishee
Thank you all for your comments!!
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 6:38PM
cabingirl13
Here is a link to Silestone Quartz- you can check out all the various colors/patterns. http://www.silestoneusa.com/colors/ No need to seal quartz every year like you have to with granite. You could do quartz on the counters and the smaller raised bar height piece could be a "eye catching" piece of granite for a bit of variety.
You have a very modern looking cabinets so I would go with a full tile backsplash (counter up to bottom of the cabinets)- not a 4 or 5 inch backsplash like pictured above. Subway tile is nice and classic and will stand the test of time- I would shy away from those small rectangular tiles everyone is using lately- it is a very dated look. You have a lovely kitchen and I think light gray paint would work nicely.
0 Likes   April 15, 2014 at 7:00PM
sonurishee
Thanks Cabingirl!!
0 Likes   April 16, 2014 at 9:46AM
sonurishee
Based on all your suggestions i have picked 4 quartz stones for my countertop. I like the first one very much.. I think it goes well with the cabinet color and floor tiles. I believe it will look good with soft grey glass tiles.
1 Like   April 16, 2014 at 6:02PM
cabingirl13
They all look nice- it's so hard to choose isn't it?
0 Likes   April 16, 2014 at 6:20PM