Family room paint color
merissa123
April 15, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I need some help in picking a nice warm neutral color. The color in the room now looks very yellowey in natural daylight.
Also the small round mirrors we have are way too small. Not sure what to put there. Please help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
TheRTAStore.com
Hello! Beautiful space you have there. You could add some nice art work to the walls where the mirrors are. Perhaps something the kids have done...have it matted and framed to add some bright pops of color to the wall. Also benjamin moore has a very nice online color selector you can check out. Here's the link to some neutrals: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/for-your-home/color-gallery#&ce_vm=2&ce_fam=6 I always find it helpful to see the full range of color. Hope this helps.
April 15, 2014 at 12:42pm     
lbodin
I remember the designer on HGTV "Christopher" used to always say, paint the ceiling the same color as your wall or even the same color as the accent wall (if you have one). It helps make the room look bigger and not chopped up. Also, when you have ceiling molding then color should match the molding color. Just my thoughts...
April 15, 2014 at 6:53pm     
PRO
S&K Interiors
The best neutral color for the walls is Porter Paint, Summer Suede, 415-4. Here is a photo of one of our client's living room with this paint color.
April 15, 2014 at 7:12pm     
groveraxle
On my monitor, your wall color looks fab. The only way you'll know if a color is right is to paint sample boards and observe them in the room in different places at different times of day.

I agree with the comment about painting the ceiling. It would bring a more cohesive look to the room. You could do about 25-50% of the wall color mixed with white if you want to keep it light.

Lower the art to about 6-8" over the sofa. Put your two little mirrors together on the left, art on the right.
April 15, 2014 at 7:45pm     
More Discussions
What do I do with this GAUDY Rococo Bedroom Set? Help
So, very good friends of mine moved to the Yucatan....
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
A trend that should end
Are there any interior design trends at the moment...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
What to do with mirrored niche?
Our home has mirrors everywhere. The prior residents...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™