Coffee/console table help!!
connie00
Trying to keep to a neutral palette (see attached inspiration photos) but wondering if dark coffee table/console tables would bring in some contrast.. The dining table (visible from all areas of the room) is glass and I'm afraid having both glass coffee and console tables will give the space a less comfortable feel ( and more of a " Look but don't touch " vibe). I'll post some options I'm looking at. Any suggestions would help! :)
connie00
Some options I like plus inspiration pics
   April 15, 2014 at 12:58PM
connie00
More inspiration
1 Like   April 15, 2014 at 1:00PM
Trinette Dease - Ethan Allen Jacksonville
What do you think of these tables?
   April 15, 2014 at 2:19PM
connie00
You would go dark!?
   April 15, 2014 at 5:32PM
Megan Springle
If you are aiming for contrast, your best bet would be to focus on floors and not furniture. That's really the single best thing you can do for the space. You could get some gorgeous darker laminate wood planks that would mimic hardwood for a fraction of the price. My husband and I used them in our last house in all of the main living area and I think it was around $1500 or so. It looks like you have a smaller space, so you'd probably end up spending about the same amount on the floor as you might on a good quality coffee table. See attached picture. This stuff is $0.99/square at Home Depot.
   April 15, 2014 at 6:49PM
connie00
unfortunately due to our HOA rules changing the floor is not an option :(
   April 15, 2014 at 7:58PM
happyleg
Yes dark!
   April 15, 2014 at 8:13PM
You were wondering if a dark coffee table would bring in contrast, and it will. Are you going for a monochromatic color scheme instead? I can help with that too.
   April 16, 2014 at 10:06AM
connie00
Yes.. But worried it's looking way too bland as it is!
   April 16, 2014 at 1:33PM
mcupido
Consider your overall color pallet, the scale of the furnishings in relation to each other, textures and repetition. What color is the wooden legs under the couch (for example) You might be able to find a similar wooden table (with or without glass) and two flanking side tables or a well constructed magazine rack. What type of lighting is in the room? Your pillows and drapes can also add a bit of pop with the right accent colors. (If you are so inclined) Any other chairs to help further define the space? And... are you doing large format with the images for the back wall?
   April 16, 2014 at 7:50PM
connie00
the legs are dark wood, and i love some dark wood coffee tables but am afraid they will look out of place with the rest of the space (glass table, white shelves and a cream couch). id love to make it more of a conversation space but not sure which side to add a lounge chair.. any thoughts? the second photo is taken from the entrance.. and im not sure about walking in to see the back of a chair.

that back wall will either have a large art piece (eventually) or a gallery wall above the shelves ..could go either way really
   April 16, 2014 at 10:37PM
greendeborah67
Why not try to find a coffee table that combines both dark and light. So far it looks like you are doing a great job and the space will be great no matter what you decide
   April 16, 2014 at 11:57PM
happyleg
Lycite. Get smokey.
1 Like   April 17, 2014 at 6:13PM
Furnished Up Fine Furniture and Home Decor
connie00's inspiration pics are nice, especially the last one, (right). Here's some more
   August 1, 2014 at 2:00AM
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
What color walls for living room? Leave or update?
The walls were done before I updated the upholstery...
Living room kitchen combo arrangement
I posted a few days ago for accessory help and was...
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
Need help picking between these two rugs!
They will both be 8X10. I am torn between the two...