Mixing stone with beadboard?
Wendy
I am trying to create a rustic, but feminine cottage-look. We will be having the ugly brick fireplace refaced with overgrouted stone soon. I would also like to add stone on the pillars, the front wall around the window , & behind the stove. When we started thinking about remodeling, we were going to add pine beadboard wainscoting throughout the house. Can stone and beadboard be used together like that? It feels like too many finishes to me. Maybe it would work if everything monochromatic? Thank you.
Vision Design
You can mix them very effectively. Wondering which stone you have decided on? Keeping the overall feel a little lighter will add to the "feminine" look. Here are some inspiration pics for you...
April 17, 2014 at 6:00am      Thanked by Wendy
Wendy
I am leaning towards Ancient Villa Ledgestone in Chianti (by Boral). I still have to recheck the coloring. I'll post a pic of the stone and an inspiration pic.
April 17, 2014 at 6:14am   
Wendy
Another question.....The front wall, should just around the window be stoned or that wall and the two corners on each side of the window?
April 17, 2014 at 6:17am   
alwaysdesigning
Stone is very nice as an accent. Do you have pics of the other spaces you want to use it in? To me, stone can get very "heavy" looking if there is too much, or too dark. We used Granbury grey chopped limestone on the fireplace, with Oklahoma grey flagstone on the hearth, and we have a couple of stone columns separating the kitchen/dining from the living and entry/main hall. It is just enough for me. I also have a pencil slate and copper backsplash that carries the "rugged" natural look, but with a different texture. Our new house is built in a Craftsman style.

If you want wainscot everywhere, consider painting some rooms all one color, even wainscot. To keep the cottage feel, use it painted white in the baths and bedrooms, and consider keeping the other rooms as more "elegant" with it painted the same as the wall color. Good luck
April 17, 2014 at 6:35am      Thanked by Wendy
Wendy
Your home is beautiful.

I do have pictures, but they are not representative of how the space is going to look. I'll post the pics and the plans I have come up with.
April 17, 2014 at 7:26am   
Wendy
Here is a view with the partial wall removed with a post left. And, my plans for the new kitchen layout. That will open the whole thing up.
April 17, 2014 at 7:36am   
Goodfella Stone
Have you considered using Erth Coverings stone products - they're simple to install and give a classic look - check out some of their product installations here: http://www.pinterest.com/goodfellastone/
April 17, 2014 at 8:19am   
Wendy
Not my style, but thanks.
April 17, 2014 at 12:17pm   
Wendy
Any more thoughts on my "vision"?
April 18, 2014 at 6:04am   
Hiding the well head and curb appeal please!
This is a lake house. It sits close to the road as...
Looking for a unique masculine mirror for a mens bathroom.
I don't have photo's but we are decorating a new build....
paint color
How should we approach deciding a color for a steel...
Odd laundry landing area
Live in a condo where the laundry is in a closet on...
need wall color suggestions
Im planning to paint my livingrm walls a color called...