neilandtashiacreech
February 29, 2012 in Photo Questions
Are all of the rooms painted in timber dust? If so, is that a new design rule- to use the same color in every room in an open floor plan? I like it. Thanks, Tashia
TanCalGal
I don't think it's a new rule, or an old rule or even a rule. It looks beautiful, though and I love it, too.
March 1, 2012 at 3:35pm   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
It looks attractive because the design interest comes from the furniture and the architecture and not the colour of the walls. The space looks more unified when the same neutral flows throughout. However, if you wanted to make the dining room, for instance, more of a feature to draw people into it, it would look stunning painted in a darker tone. I find that if people have a multi-coloured home, they long for calm neutrals and vice versa. That's why I alternate between light and dark when I decorate for myself--first scheme was dark walls and light floors and now I've got dark hardwood and white walls with accent colours in art and accessories. Human nature is to want change! I agree, this photo shows a beautiful space with very nice eclectic details.
March 1, 2012 at 3:43pm   
Michael Abrams Limited
The walls you see in this photo and on this level are Benjamin Moore-Shaker Beige, with the exception of the dining room and foyer, which are a grasscloth wallcovering.
March 14, 2012 at 11:39am   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Ah, thanks Michael. It's not easily detected in the photo that there's texture on those walls. I'm sure we'd appreciate the beauty of the space even more if we could actually visit and see all the subtle details. Great job. The clients must be very pleased.
March 14, 2012 at 12:16pm   
Ana Cecilia
Do you know how can I buy a similar collor in Brazil??
April 9, 2012 at 11:06am   
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Hi Ana Cecilia,

I recommend that you be very careful about choosing a colour that you think matches the photograph since you are seeing it on your computer monitor and the photographer also may have adjusted the photo a little. Use it as inspiration and choose a paint no lighter or darker than the one you see. Then examine it to see the undertone--all beiges have either yellow or pink or green undertones--and make sure you choose the one that blends best with your floor/carpet/drapes/furniture. If you can get a large sample, that will help because it's easier to see the colour on a large piece. Good luck!
April 9, 2012 at 1:43pm     
mcmourton
Those chairs are great...where can I find them?
May 1, 2012 at 8:20pm   
Ana Cecilia
Thank you Cynthia Taylor-Luce for your comment. But I didn't understand about the undertone... My floor is the same as the photograph, but the doors are in wood colour either.
May 2, 2012 at 11:33am   
mhidayet
What is the trim color?
July 14, 2014 at 2:20pm   
When to think about aging in place?
We are planning a major home remodel, including the...
Need help with layout and furnishing living room!
We are moving into a new house and have a blank slate...
Have you ever had a laundry disaster?
You open the doors to the laundry machine and out falls...
Please help me tie my room together!
Hi everyone! I've been decorating my living room and...