neilandtashiacreech
February 29, 2012 in Photo Questions
Are all of the rooms painted in timber dust? If so, is that a new design rule- to use the same color in every room in an open floor plan? I like it. Thanks, Tashia
TanCalGal
I don't think it's a new rule, or an old rule or even a rule. It looks beautiful, though and I love it, too.
0 Likes   March 1, 2012 at 3:35PM
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
It looks attractive because the design interest comes from the furniture and the architecture and not the colour of the walls. The space looks more unified when the same neutral flows throughout. However, if you wanted to make the dining room, for instance, more of a feature to draw people into it, it would look stunning painted in a darker tone. I find that if people have a multi-coloured home, they long for calm neutrals and vice versa. That's why I alternate between light and dark when I decorate for myself--first scheme was dark walls and light floors and now I've got dark hardwood and white walls with accent colours in art and accessories. Human nature is to want change! I agree, this photo shows a beautiful space with very nice eclectic details.
1 Like   March 1, 2012 at 3:43PM
Michael Abrams Limited
The walls you see in this photo and on this level are Benjamin Moore-Shaker Beige, with the exception of the dining room and foyer, which are a grasscloth wallcovering.
1 Like   March 14, 2012 at 11:39AM
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Ah, thanks Michael. It's not easily detected in the photo that there's texture on those walls. I'm sure we'd appreciate the beauty of the space even more if we could actually visit and see all the subtle details. Great job. The clients must be very pleased.
1 Like   March 14, 2012 at 12:16PM
Ana Cecilia
Do you know how can I buy a similar collor in Brazil??
0 Likes   April 9, 2012 at 11:06AM
Cynthia Taylor-Luce
Hi Ana Cecilia,

I recommend that you be very careful about choosing a colour that you think matches the photograph since you are seeing it on your computer monitor and the photographer also may have adjusted the photo a little. Use it as inspiration and choose a paint no lighter or darker than the one you see. Then examine it to see the undertone--all beiges have either yellow or pink or green undertones--and make sure you choose the one that blends best with your floor/carpet/drapes/furniture. If you can get a large sample, that will help because it's easier to see the colour on a large piece. Good luck!
1 Like   April 9, 2012 at 1:43PM
mcmourton
Those chairs are great...where can I find them?
0 Likes   May 1, 2012 at 8:20PM
Ana Cecilia
Thank you Cynthia Taylor-Luce for your comment. But I didn't understand about the undertone... My floor is the same as the photograph, but the doors are in wood colour either.
0 Likes   May 2, 2012 at 11:33AM
mhidayet
What is the trim color?
0 Likes   July 14, 2014 at 2:20PM
Exterior paint color for old Dutch house
Hi . . . I wanted to throw this out there to see what...
Lakehouse landscape with retaining wall(s) - my brain is leaking
TX hill country retaining wall rotting and want to...
Need help with for living room like the photo
Need help with more design ideas for living room like...
need to refinish my staircase to match the laminate flooring
wondering if it would be better to sand and stain or...
Grey cabinets with dark brown wood floors?
My wife and I are building a new house and are currently...