Clearance for Cabinet/ across from freezer drawer when freezer is open
silvia12
I am installing a 72" French door frig with lower freezer drawer, up against a wall on one side with minimal distance from the wall. Across from the face of the fridge (at a right angle to the frig) is the beginning of a stretch of cabinets. The freezer takes 45.5" from the wall when the drawer is fully extended out. How much space does an average person need to stand, squat, load and generally access the freezer ?
GN Builders L.L.C
Minimum 36".
April 19, 2014 at 7:31AM      Thanked by silvia12
Design Your Kitchen and Bath
Ditto above comment. If space allows, 42" is more comfortable if 2 cooks or people use the kitchen at the same time from a kitchen/bath designer standpoint.
April 19, 2014 at 8:03AM      Thanked by silvia12
Patricia Colwell
42" would be nice 48" even better.
April 19, 2014 at 8:50AM      Thanked by silvia12
silvia12
I'm confused. When you say 36" or 42" are you counting from the front of the closed re-frig door or from the fully extended lower freezer drawer below? Because with the freezer drawer all the way open, our plan shows only 21" between the handle on the drawer and the opposite cabinet. I have the same model now and I know we rarely have to open the freezer door to it's maximum extension when we're using it. Thanks for your thoughts. I've been worried about this and my architect says it will be fine. The final cabinet measurements are being taken this week.
April 19, 2014 at 2:20PM   
Design Your Kitchen and Bath
I'm measuring from the front of the fridge closed (door and drawer) for the 36" or 42". Even with that 21" measurement you have, like your architect says it should be fine. Just no more than 48" away according to guidelines if you can help it...
April 19, 2014 at 2:46PM        Thanked by silvia12
silvia12
Thanks, I just looked at the Jenn Air drawings and it looks like we'll have 38.5" without the door open. Thanks!
April 19, 2014 at 3:00PM     
Clawfoot Tub
I'm looking for a clawfoot tub to give my architect...
Knotty pine and colors
This was my grandma's house and we want to keep the...
Really tall plain house looks awkward.
Hi! Thank you in advance for your help everyone! ...
Does my house need more pop
I need help putting some pop in my curb appeal.
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...