loretta2740
February 29, 2012 in Photo Questions
What is the height of the hood above the stove?
Artisan Kitchens LLC
If I remember correctly this hood is about 30" above the cooktop.

As a general rule of thumb appliance manufacturers will specify the required clearances for hoods and ventilation, so if you go to their website you should be able to find that information for any unit you are interested in. Your local building inspector will require that you comply with these specifications.

The above situation was carefully designed to comply with building codes...although it's hard to see in the picture, the window behind the cooktop is boxed out to provide the correct minimum distance to flammable surfaces and is also a fixed unit with no interior mullions; the side 'casing' is actually ceramic tile; and the wood trim behind the hood is surfaced in stainless steel. This is a more complex installation than it appears.
0 Likes   March 1, 2012 at 4:34AM
Bitabit
This is exactly what I wanted my architect to design. Are all state building codes the same and where do we find what the code is? Thank you.
0 Likes   May 11, 2012 at 3:04PM
Artisan Kitchens LLC
Most states follow the International Code Council (ICC) regulations with specific amendments made by individual states; most are updated every few years. If you are working with an architect they will know the requirements.
0 Likes   May 11, 2012 at 6:44PM
Need to fit five kids in this room
Need to fit five kids in this room. Two 13yrs olds...
happycl8
Benjamin Moore Gray Owl Light Blue?
I'm having trouble getting a consistent color using...
keako
Is it a good idea to buy velvet sofa
I have to move and buy a lot of furniture, including...
mimi944
Omg I just bought a couch and I want to return it but can't. Help me m
Room is across from kitchen at the entrance of the...
minnows
HELP! Mid Century modern or mixed MCM Rehab? For resale
Hi, I'm working on my first MCM house and have to choose...
artsyblnd