"Need help for my 18'9" x 17'11" size living room design
Mohammed Aleem
Please send me the images for exactly 18'9" x 17'11" living room, is this room size spacious to be called a living room, can we provide a bay window in living room, if yes then what is the size of window to be provided, also let me know what are all the furniture that can be kept in a living room of this size, please help with the best possible arrangements that can be done
Patricia Colwell
That is a nice sized room and also a nice shape, yes you can have a bay window in aLR, is it that you just like them or what. Bay windows are sometimes a problem when you view them from the outside if your house facade is quite symmetrical As far as furniture pieces and placement you would have to post a floor plan including openings(, windows and doors) fireplace if you have one and where you want to put the bay. Also your style how many people you want seat if there is a T.V. needed in this space. This floor plan should be drawn to scale if at all possible.
April 20, 2014 at 6:31PM        Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
There wouldn't be any images that has the exact descriptions you provided.
April 20, 2014 at 6:33PM        Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
request you please help me in interior decoration of my entire home, herewith attached is the scanned copy of home plan
April 21, 2014 at 5:10AM   
Patricia Colwell
Sorry did not get plan. Please post again
April 21, 2014 at 5:50AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
request you to please help me in interior decoration of my entire home, herewith attached is the scanned copy of home plan
April 23, 2014 at 5:18AM   
Mohammed Aleem
Dear Patricia Colwell, request your kind help for interior design of my home,
April 23, 2014 at 9:54PM   
Patricia Colwell
I assume you want to put the bay window in the LR to the left of the entry, again ,what is the idea you have in mind for this change and expense? If your style is contemporay I would not put a bay in this space, if more traditional it would be nice with a window seat, so maybe give me an idea of your style., it would help a lot in helping with the design elements. I cannot read the measurements on the plans is there a way to send in larger format.
April 24, 2014 at 9:18AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Patricia Colwell
Sorry did get them for LR in original post. For maximum seating i would go with a sectional where you have sofa and 2 chairs and then add 2 chairs where it is open now.and push the furniture back toward the window a bit. Also even though it is not part of the post I would use a round dining table instead of rectangle in that space.
April 24, 2014 at 9:22AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
Dear Patricia, you got it right my idea is traditional style, and to view the plan clearly you need to open this images for both basement and ground floor plans with Windows Live Photo Gallery, very kind of you if you could please help me, can you please post the Computer Aided Design of the interior design that you will be making on my plan, please note that this is a new construction in progress and the rooms are empty and make all the necessary changes to the best/excellent possibilities as per your ideas
April 24, 2014 at 9:16PM   
Patricia Colwell
Will the T.V. be in the LR ? Where is the house located. Is it just the LR you want help with? I do not have Windows Live and I do hand drawn plans in my business I don't like CAD pkgs. I can send pictures of pieces I am suggesting and give you as much info as possible. In return I would like to get as much information from you as possible. What colors do you like, do you like leather, which way does the house face etc.
April 25, 2014 at 6:13AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
Yes the T.V. will be in the LR, home location in the extension areas in a city by name Hubli, south of India, my home faces towards the west, Hand drawings is k for me, Olive green is my favorite color, apart from royal white, cream, light gray is a better choice, I like light colored leather, i like granite or marble flooring, kitchen to facilitate an white marble island with a dish washer underneath, a gas oven stove with four burners located near the window with chimney, a double door fridge 3x6, spacious cabinets below and above the kitchen platform and a large sized sink with drain provision, now for two of the bigger bathrooms of three, i wish to have a maximum possible sized bath tub with best possible shower space, apart from a large vanity with large rectangular wash basin with best illuminated mirror , a WC of back to wall type, smaller bathroom i have no option but to compromise without a bath tub that is only with a shower space, coming to bed room can i facilitate with king sized bed with side table a study table a small sofa and a wardrobe in bed room of this size please try to fit these things at least in two of my bigger bedrooms out of the three, very special request please do the very best of the best possible ideas that you posses to taste fully decorate my living room, i would like to have rugs a largest possible sofa, a very large TV cabinet, large coffee and accent table, bench, arm chair, book case, illumination at its best to get a great feeling and other accessories and decors
April 25, 2014 at 8:06AM   
Patricia Colwell
Thanks for all that info , I am very busy this weekend but will get to work on this early next week.
April 25, 2014 at 9:21AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
Dear Patricia find attached my home plan that is both basement and ground floor scanned in as one attachment ,with clear dimensions hand written as you had asked for the same
April 25, 2014 at 9:11PM   
Mohammed Aleem
Dear Patricia i want help with the entire home find attached my home plan that is both basement and ground floor scanned in as one attachment ,with clear dimensions hand written as you had asked for the same
April 25, 2014 at 9:16PM   
Mohammed Aleem
Dear Patricia, herewith attached is the home plan i have hand written the dimensions of each room for the ease of your understanding for which i request you to provide interior decoration drawing
April 28, 2014 at 6:40AM   
Patricia Colwell
I cannot enlarge this drawing could you please send me the maeasurments of the kitchen and one large bedroom , I should be able to figure out the rest with those. I would like to start on this today. Or you could just send me to India (just joking)
April 28, 2014 at 10:29AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
Kitchen is 10'1.5"x 9'2", dining spaceis 9'8"x 6'4", large bed room is 13'7"x 12'6, bathroom attached to this bed room is 5'4"x7'3" and small bed room is 11'x 11'10" bed room next to kitchen is 13'6"x 11' bathroom next to this bedroom is 10'x 5'7" living room is 18'9"x 17'11" and at the basement living room is 19'8"x 31'2" kitchen is 11'"x 11'10" bathroom is 10'x 5'7" sure why not you are most well-come to india Patricia
April 28, 2014 at 12:24PM   
Mohammed Aleem
Dear Patricia did you get the details of room size have you started to work on the interior for my home please reply Kitchen is 10'1.5"x 9'2", dining space is 9'8"x 6'4", large bed room is 13'7"x 12'6, bathroom attached to this bed room is 5'4"x 7'3" and small bed room is 11'x 11'10" bed room next to kitchen is 13'6"x 11' bathroom next to this bedroom is 10'x 5'7" living room is 18'9"x 17'11" and at the basement living room is 19'8"x 31'2" kitchen is 11'"x 11'10" bathroom is 10'x 5'7"
April 29, 2014 at 6:41AM   
Patricia Colwell
Yes I did, since this is a project I have to work on in my spare time it will take a bit of time. By the way is the basement going to be rental or is it a custom for you to have 2 kitchens.
May 2, 2014 at 5:57AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
Basement is for my personal use, can that be a nice living space, that space is big enough right and it will be a great place for family/living room, please make it a tasteful atmosphere for this space, i am going to convert the basement kitchen into a bedroom, decorate it in dual terms, i mean to say you please design it as a bed room and also as a kitchen we will compare and come to some conclusion weather to use it like kitchen or as a bedroom
May 2, 2014 at 1:01PM   
Patricia Colwell
I will do that.
May 2, 2014 at 8:31PM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
Dear Patricia, i am waiting for your feedback please reply
May 6, 2014 at 1:24PM   
Patricia Colwell
I can start by telling you what I have come up with for the kitchen dining area. First there is really not enough room for an actual island and also the dining space is very small so what I propose would be a peninsula that drops down to regular table height with 6 chairs. I will send some drawings in the next couple of days. Just to clarify the fridge you want will be 36" wide and do you want a counter depth one or just more N.A. size and the other measurement you gave me is the height, right. As for the bathrooms because I am not familiar with plumbing in India I have sourced a bath tub from a company in India and also the toilet now I am working on the vanity and what kind of shower we can install, I will send all of this info when I recieve it. I will be gone for about 5 days and then will get back to work on this sorry but doing this is only something I can work on in my free time. Also do you want a Traditional style kitchen or something more modern so I can sketch cabinets and sizes.
May 6, 2014 at 5:11PM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
I prefer modern kitchen,
May 7, 2014 at 1:39AM   
Patricia Colwell
Now I need to get some ideas of the style you like these are 4 pictures I would like you to tell me which bed and kitchen design you like better.
May 7, 2014 at 5:39AM   
Patricia Colwell
Which LR do you like better one is modern one more traditional don't worry about the colors just the style and feel of the room Also would you like this color of flooring in lastpicture or something lighter in tone.
May 7, 2014 at 6:06AM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
As per your message I had asked my engineer to revise the plan and he has done it as per this attachment, now I hope with one bigger kitchen on ground floor, 3 master bedrooms (two at ground floor and 1 at the basement), and one moderate living room on ground floor and a large living room at the basement and one conman bathroom at the basement, you will be able to decorate even better, now I feel it will be easy for you to provide all the things that I had requested you for in my before messages, from the images you have sent i like the idea of having a kitchen in which there is black bottom cabinets, bedroom with king size bed in which there is a dressing table looks good, living room in which a flat screen displayed look great along with the sofa
May 7, 2014 at 10:40AM   
Patricia Colwell
I am still having some problems with the dining space even though the kitchen is larger there is still no room for dining table could we put dining in LR area or should we try to rearrange the layout one more time. I guess the other question is how large of dining table do you need? Also is the wall from the bedroom to the kitchen a bearing wall or can it be removed, I am talking about the wall fom the corner of the bedroom toward bottom of page.
May 8, 2014 at 5:41PM      Thanked by Mohammed Aleem
Mohammed Aleem
1st of all thank you Patricia, as per the wall is concerned, it can be altered even if it is a bearing wall since the construction is in beginning stage, i mean to say only excavation work is in progress, please try putting the dining table in LR since it is a 8 seat dining table
May 9, 2014 at 5:57AM   
Patricia Colwell
I will try that, I am working this week a lot so will try and get back to you with something on Saturday.
May 11, 2014 at 8:16PM   
Door Stops
What do people suggest are the best door stops for...
Upper cabinet molding question
Love this upper cabinet molding - Could someone please...
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
upholstered headboards
How wide/deep should a non tufted headboard be?
Need window treatments for Narrow, tall window in MBR
Currently have tall narrow windows in MBR, on either...