Corian vs. caesar stone
Doron Levy
I'm debating between the 2 options for countertop. I loke the clean look of Corian but not sure about its durability. Please advise.

Thanks
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
I prefer the look of Caesarstone and I have been told that it holds up better then Corian.....
April 22, 2014 at 12:55AM   
Hallmark Kitchen Designs
We find that corian is a very versatile material to design and work with and has the benefit of being repairable and has a satin like finish which can be easy to mark but is extremely stain resistant. Ceasar stone will be the harder of the two materials but joins will be more visible and very difficult to repair ( if at all), it also tends to have a glossier finish than corian. In my experience the plainer colours of the corian range work better than the overly patterned ones.
April 22, 2014 at 1:02AM   
architectrunnerguy
We installed Corian in the first house we built back in '87 (when they had like only 5 colors) and 17 years later when we sold the house it still looked brand new with zero maintainance. Built another house in 2008 and were so happy with Corian we went with it again (although a much bigger color selection the second time around!!). Looks great.
April 22, 2014 at 1:56AM   
Katie Gooding
I put a dark brown Corian in a house about 8 years ago and was okay with it, but it showed a lot of tiny scratches, and when it scratched the scratched appeared lighter that the surrounding areas, until I buffed them out. A few years later I put silestone (another solid surface just made by another company) and I went with a light color. Loved it and it looked fantastic and has held up well. What I really like about the solid surface counters is the integrated sinks, even with an undermount you get gunk where the sink meets the counter, not an issue with the integrated sinks!
April 22, 2014 at 2:57AM   
Doron Levy
Thanks a million everyone. We're quite convinced with our choice :)
April 26, 2014 at 10:05PM   
architectrunnerguy
The house we're in now we have an integrated sink and it's wonderful. I can't understand the people who get under mounted sinks. Over time that joint between the sink and the countertop has to become the biggest germ factory!
April 27, 2014 at 5:10AM   
Corian VS Caesar
I'm designing a new kitchen with a large white-bases...
corian vs. stone, such as granite, marble
I would like to use Corian in a master bath because...
HELP: Corian vs Staron
We're putting in a new kitchen (and master bath and...
Corian vs. Quartz countertops?
Replacing kitchen countertops...
corian vs granite/quartz
we are building a new house and trying to decide on...
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Family Room Clean Slate
I am working with a clean slate in this family room....
Blueprint update
I'm thinking if replacing the utility sink for a spot...
Living room design
I need to know what to do behind the sofa? Is the mirror...
flooring for kitchen
We are trying to decide about the flooring for our...