Need help for DR window
christinemm1120
This huge window is great for letting in light, but as you can see, but we need some way to cover it up for privacy. The window (measuring to the outside edge of the window frame) is 157" wide. We do not want to put any hardware into the wood. There is only an inch on either side of the window, so I don't think decorative rods are an option, since the only ones I've seen need at least a couple inches of clearance on either side of the window, or you'll see the window frame. I was thinking a traverse rod, to make opening/closing the curtains easier, but I haven't found any pinch pleat curtains that I love. What other options do I have? I was thinking if I could find something along the same lines as one of those flat, adjustable curtain rods, but nicer looking? Then I could get curtains with grommets and that would work well.
Patricia Colwell
Ikea makes a wire cutain hanging system that I have used for myself and clients but you have to have a center piece with anything you use, just too long of a span. These drapes are hung on that system with grommet drapes works like magic
April 22, 2014 at 4:04pm      Thanked by christinemm1120
christinemm1120
Thanks, I'll look into that system from Ikea as another option. The curved rod I was thinking of would be something like this, unfortunately the ones at Overstock and Improvements are both a max of 144".
April 22, 2014 at 4:29pm   
christinemm1120
Patricia, I was looking at that wire system and I noticed that Ikea recommends using 2 supports for my window width. Have you had to do that with the windows you've worked with, and if so, how do you open and close the drapes the full width of the window? The curtains I like are pretty light so I'm thinking of trying just 1 support in the middle and hoping for the best.
April 24, 2014 at 9:11pm   
Patricia Colwell
You could treat each half like one window then you would only span less than 80" You would have2 supports side by side in center, I have the same problem in my DR and the drapes close with just a tiny space in the center. I think it would be a better choice than taking the risk with just one support. The supprts are pretty tiny so should work out great. I like this system because it can be mounted from the ceiling or the wall.
April 25, 2014 at 8:14am   
Need help for window treatments for a formal DR/LR. Grey walls
I Have a formal Dining Room and Living Room with two...
Need window treatment ideas for DR and LR windows
I need color recommendations for window treatments...
I need window treatments for a grey/ white formal LR/DR
Grey LR/DR- need window treatments
Adding curb appeal to our ranch style home
We purchased this 50's ranch style home and completely...
Do you grow your own veg?
Homegrown carrots, potatoes, tomatoes... There's nothing...
2 door Entryway to living room
Please help me decide how to model this. We have a...
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Your favourite colour combo?
I'm currently into yellow + grey interiors, it's a...