Porch & door color
dw2015
April 22, 2014 in Design Dilemma
I need help deciding on colors for this front porch & door. It is currently maroon (door) and green (porch). My darling husband does NOT want any of it white. Can someone help!?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bgfuqua
the door is not showing up - maybe it needs to be brighter and lighter. I'm unsure of colors on my monitor. is your siding tan? are the shutters black? can the white around the base of house be painted? post these answers to help those who want to suggest.
1 Like   April 22, 2014 at 10:28PM
noosajulie
How about a musty blue? In the same tone as the beige cladding,or perhaps a bit darker?
0 Likes   April 22, 2014 at 10:30PM
PRO
garden design online
Black door work,replace the pordh,the stair,the windows,improve box shape of the house.design garden.
1 Like   April 23, 2014 at 2:19AM
Margaret Wakefield
I too live in a box and I would do some landscaping to hide the white skirting. Pick some plants with color and then see what looks best for your front door and porch.
1 Like   April 23, 2014 at 2:46AM
dw2015
Thank y'all so much for your suggestions. The house is a tan/beige with black shutters. I am interested in landscaping but that's a entirely diff post. (Suggestions welcome though). I live in Louisiana the skirting will have to stay on this pier and beam home. Please keep the comments going!
0 Likes   April 23, 2014 at 6:24PM
Margaret Wakefield
Look for a paint for your skirting. Home Depot has paint for every kind of material. I would paint the door a light blue. Blue and brown look well together. This would bring the door out. The porch I would paint dark brown but make sure the hues stay the same as the siding. Go get some paint chips and see which looks best. If you need an inexpensive planting get good old azaleas. I lived in the SC Lowcountry for most of my life so I know what you go through in Louisiana with the weather. I would really get some paint chips and compare then to the colors you have to work with.
0 Likes   April 24, 2014 at 2:55AM