Porch & door color
dw2015
I need help deciding on colors for this front porch & door. It is currently maroon (door) and green (porch). My darling husband does NOT want any of it white. Can someone help!?
bgfuqua
the door is not showing up - maybe it needs to be brighter and lighter. I'm unsure of colors on my monitor. is your siding tan? are the shutters black? can the white around the base of house be painted? post these answers to help those who want to suggest.
1 Like   April 22, 2014 at 10:28PM
noosajulie
How about a musty blue? In the same tone as the beige cladding,or perhaps a bit darker?
0 Likes   April 22, 2014 at 10:30PM
garden design online
Black door work,replace the pordh,the stair,the windows,improve box shape of the house.design garden.
1 Like   April 23, 2014 at 2:19AM
Margaret Wakefield
I too live in a box and I would do some landscaping to hide the white skirting. Pick some plants with color and then see what looks best for your front door and porch.
1 Like   April 23, 2014 at 2:46AM
dw2015
Thank y'all so much for your suggestions. The house is a tan/beige with black shutters. I am interested in landscaping but that's a entirely diff post. (Suggestions welcome though). I live in Louisiana the skirting will have to stay on this pier and beam home. Please keep the comments going!
0 Likes   April 23, 2014 at 6:24PM
Margaret Wakefield
Look for a paint for your skirting. Home Depot has paint for every kind of material. I would paint the door a light blue. Blue and brown look well together. This would bring the door out. The porch I would paint dark brown but make sure the hues stay the same as the siding. Go get some paint chips and see which looks best. If you need an inexpensive planting get good old azaleas. I lived in the SC Lowcountry for most of my life so I know what you go through in Louisiana with the weather. I would really get some paint chips and compare then to the colors you have to work with.
0 Likes   April 24, 2014 at 2:55AM
Ideas for colors on porches/doors ?
As part of a renovation, we added a new exterior door/porch,...
NEED help with color for door, porch, shutters
Hi, I have looked on houzz so many times but just noticed...
I need suggestions for paint color of the porch, staircase and door
Im debating on whether I should paint the stairs, porch...
Front door and porch colors
I am looking for a color for my front door that will...
Need help deciding front door, shutter, and porch colors
Hi! We need help deciding on front porch colors for...
Need advice for door color
I am wanting to add some color to the front of my house....
Old tile is discontinued.
I'm extending the lanai but can't find the same tile....
We just purchased a large dark grey sectional sofa...
Rustic flooring
Economical rustic flooring
Kitchen Lighting Help!
I have lived with this light for 15 years ( it was...