Any tips on what is missing?
daninoguera31
April 24, 2014
I feel something is missing in this hallway, any ideas?
Flowers and a rug.
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 1:45PM
Richard Spence
Depending on your likes etc if the hallway is not too narrow you can line one side with bookshelves. Not that I am suggesting a library but your fav books and a lot of interesting knick- naks Remember you only need 8 inches for the shelves and they offer a lot of opportunity for interest and texture and little art pieces. .
I would also suggest the ceiling light is very plain and adds nothing to the area think about changing it or adding an elongated rail type with more lights along the ceiling. This would also give the opportunity to move the focus to differ items or areas in the hall. it is surprising how much lighting can change the look of a space. hope this helps
    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 2:16PM
mick50
I think a mirror of that size and weight needs something more solid beneath it, like a wood buffet. Definitely add a runner that fills much of the walkway. The tile looks stark. An upholstered chair might help, too.
5 Likes    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 4:13PM
I think the problem is you have a tall, narrow, and airy vignette on a great big wall. You need a wider console with a bit more heft and a mirror that doesn't touch the crown. If you make the whole arrangement lower and longer, and replace the boob light with a pendant or chandelier, it will better fit the space.
5 Likes    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 5:36PM
Even a single huge piece of art could work:
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 5:38PM
Rugs Done Right
We are happy to help you find a rug for the space. Please feel free to contact us directly for immediate design assistance for help finding the rug: Online@rugsdoneright.com - Plus, we are currently offering coupon HZ15 for an additional 15% savings for our Houzz community members!
    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 6:46PM
Genevieve
I don't know if anyone else has noticed that the table seems to be a bit small in comparison of the mirror :)
I would say to change that wall colour into some thing a little more luxurious and add a couple chairs or bench a lamp and some fresh flowers .

4 Likes    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 7:13PM
daninoguera31
Thanks for your help, the color was chosen because I wanted to combine with the living and dining colors. The hallway is about 4 ft 5in so a chair is a bit too big for the space. About the rug how could I put a rug? Like below the table or beside like a long rug with short width?
1 Like    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 7:53PM
marci4
I would also think about repainting the base of the table and the mirror frame a bolder color that will contrast well with the walls. Right now there is very little color and no focal point.
3 Likes    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 8:13PM
daninoguera31
Any suggestion of the base color for the mirror and table?
    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 8:25PM
mfwolfe
The aqua that is on the side of that bucket is everywhere right now and it is a great color. Bet you could find a rug with a touch of that color in it also.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 24, 2014 at 9:02PM
kmkane
Table is too small, mirror is too tall. You need pieces that are longer and wider, and not anything that hits the ceiling.
2 Likes    Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 12:16AM
HomeScapes San Diego
I agree that the scale of the mirror to the console table is off - you might try a smaller mirror or a larger, wider console table or try tricking the eye about the size of the table by adding something on either side of the table, like plants or decor.
    Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 12:25AM
ParrotUncle
Flowers is needed. And i think you can set up a wall sconce as well.
FYI
    Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 12:31AM
daninoguera31
Sorry about the angle of the pic but it really not touching the ceiling, my budget is a little short for a new table so I am trying to work with what I have maybe low budget stuff like lamps, rugs or accessories. About the lamp is it better a chandelier or a line spotlight set?
    Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 6:59AM
maggierateye
A lot of good advice above, but I especially agree that the table is too airy for the huge mirror. Both are cool pieces, but not together. Could be time to go flea-marketing and find a more substantial table/console that doesn't break your wallet. And color! How terriffic would that mirror be painted a sea glass green or cobalt? An interesting runner is a must. I also like the above advice about a large piece of art, because that is such a long blank wall... In summary, some attention to scale, proportion, and COLOR!
1 Like    Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 7:20AM
mick50
You definitely need a runner rug for the floor and an upgraded light. Other people are better at lighting suggestions, but I think something bigger and sparkly would be nice - depends on the other rooms. Does a " line spotlight set" mean track lighting? Then no, no, no!
    Bookmark   April 25, 2014 at 10:07AM
Which grouping works? Am I missing something... feel like it's off.
Trying to arrange this corner and feel it's off a bit...
Christy Bell
What is missing in this room?? Any suggestions? Glass sliding door lea
I found this room to be plain and I can't pinpoint...
1015robert
Any tips on a durable finishe for painted cabinets? I want to put these in my home!
I love what you have done with this kitchen! It inspired...
ponce26
My kitchen is missing something!
I've been doing a kitchen redo, and I feel like something...
allyboobop
What's missing?
Recently purchased a new small 400 square foot apartment...
ane_2176
What color floors would you choose?
I've bought a near completion spec home with 3" white...
happypeople22
Need advice for entryway
What thoughts do you have on the area infront of the...
ginamuto
cabinet color
We moved in a couple of years ago and have installed...
Sarah M
Dining room lighting
My diningroom table opens to 118". It has two leafs...
jodimae12
Please help completing my great room
It is a very bare space at the moment as I have focused...
Stefanie