Need help picking a range hood for log cabin
lynetta51
April 24, 2014 in Design Dilemma
We are looking for a range hood that has a rustic touch to it. It's for our log cabin. The little fix on the ceiling to stop the leak has turned into a year long project. I'm trying to buy on sale or used. We found a great deal on a used Electrolux duel fuel stainless range. The cabinets are maple and from Craigslist. I think they will be painted a soft yellow with maybe wood side cabinets on each side of the stove to match the floor. The ceiling is vaulted where the stove will be. The problem is we are looking for a range hood that is reasonable. I've looked at stainless ones but they don't seem very rustic. I then looked at a wooden one that we could put an insert in. I'm confused however the price of some of the range hoods soon gets me back to earth. Any ideas?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
rinqreation
Consider a built-in (slide-out?). When looking for cheaper types, always check what filter they have, their power compared to the colume of the kitchen and how much noise it makes. Some are cheap but have very expensive filters. I like the metal ones you can wash best. Or just use a second hand and spraypaint the front?
April 25, 2014 at 6:51AM      Thanked by lynetta51
April 25, 2014 at 6:51AM      Thanked by lynetta51
bahauen
You bought an Electrolux dual fuel? If you have the model that has the ignition burner on the front right in which the propane is supposed to gather and then ignite be Very Very careful! Our first range would "gather fuel" and when it did ignite it blew up! No one had eyebrows around here for a month! Electrolux finally replaced it after almost a year and after I sent them my singed and melted polar artic shirt. The new one is better but still blows once a week or so..don't let the grandkids near it!
April 25, 2014 at 8:24AM      Thanked by lynetta51
lynetta51
Oh no thanks terrible about your stove! I hope you weren't hurt. We bought this one from Sears and got the five year warranty with it. It's a newer model but we do need to convert it to propane. We'll check this out and turn the propane off when we aren't there. This has me worried!
April 25, 2014 at 11:24AM