Need light filtering shades/blinds for this new patio door and a soon
bowdavis
We have a wooded backyard and need all the light we can get.
Our neighbors are absolutely wonderful, but we sometimes need some sense of privacy. I was thinking a sheer/semi sheer blind or shade that can be completely pulled up. My problem is that there is only 1 3/16 inch between the wood on the door and the handle as seen on the right. Any ideas?
We will soon have a new deck outside this door.
bowdavis
Oops. Do not need "and a soon" in the title.
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 10:44AM
Cary McCart
Another option. In our RV we have what is called Limousine Black window film. From the inside the view is almost the same. From the outside, the window is black even with lights on inside.
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 10:59AM
Junee G
I had the same problem, had french doors that overlooked neighbors yard, although we had a fence separating us, I was still worried that neighbors up the hill can see us inside the house. I went for the french doors that come with blinds between the glass panes. It still left us the light and no cleaning necessary except wiping glass, have you ever thought of changing the door? It might be easier.
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 11:01AM
bowdavis
Thanks for the comments.
The dark film would work but I am familiar with it and it does not allow enough light in.
And changing the door is not an option.
Still looking for ideas.
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 11:37AM
Windows Etc.,Inc
Can you not close the existing panels that are already there now?
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 12:04PM
bowdavis
Yes we can and we do after dark. They block all the light and prefer to have some filtered light especially late afternoon and early evening when lights are on. We like it open during the day.
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 12:09PM
Timeless Interiors
Perhaps something like this would suit your needs?
http://www.lutron.com/en-US/Products/Pages/ShadingSystems/SerenaShades/Overview.aspx

These are wireless, motorized honeycomb shades that can operate via remote. So simple to install and program the remote. Installs as easy as a mini blind and the remote programs with a few simple button holds. I used to rep this line and LOVE it. Had them in my home. They can be mounted to the door, outside the window since the window itself is not deep enough, and they have a "cable" option that is discrete and will keep the bottom from banging around when the door is open/closed. They are surprisingly quite and come in 3 different fabric options depending on what level of light you wish to have. They do have a "light-filtering" option. Having them on a remote is AWESOME!!! It is small and can be "ganged up" with your light switches (as long as there are the "rocker" or decora style) or sit on a small, weighted stand. Can you tell I really love this product!! LOL!! I don't work for them any more, but still tell people about it because I loved mine so much!! Worth looking into.
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 12:55PM
Timeless Interiors
Forgot to mention the power source is standard batteries...but battery life will last an average of 3 years (based o n 2 ups/downs per day) do to the technology in the motor.
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 12:57PM
bowdavis
Thanks, Timeless interiors. They sound interesting. Are they narrow enough to fit behind the latch? I only have 1 3/16" clearance..
0 Likes   April 25, 2014 at 1:09PM
Megan Springle
Try trilight cellular shades. I just bought some for a door in my house and they're great.
1 Like   April 25, 2014 at 1:46PM
Can a flush mount light be converted into a hanging chandelier?
My friend fell in love with a hanging chandelier that...
Our bedroom...need some ideas for color
Just bought a new Croscill comforter set. I loved that...
Need paint color help
I have purchased an apartment in Greenwich Village...
Bohemian Blues
Having such a hard time finishing up my bedroom! #1...