Laundry Room floor tile shape and direction?
Maggie Passel
April 25, 2014 in Design Dilemma
Tiling floor with Shaw tile Classico which is a clean looking almost marble type look and would like to know if using a 12 x 24 tile will work in this space - could use 13 x 13 but like the plank look and would like to have it run long ways the length of the room. With all of the angles do you think it will look ok? suggestions on layout - offset? Attaching a picture of the hallway outside the laundry, which is in the open door on the right.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yoboseiyo
i feel like that angle would be a bear to cut no matter what tile you lay. that's such an odd shaped room.
0 Likes   Thanked by Maggie Passel    April 26, 2014 at 7:22AM
Angel18432
For sure you can go with the plank flooring, running lengthways. As stated above, tiles are going to be cut anyways, so what difference will It make. Did you combine laundry room and washroom? Too bad you didn't put a door on toilet.
0 Likes   Thanked by Maggie Passel    April 26, 2014 at 10:34AM
Maggie Passel
I know it is a strange room but the toilet is an "extra" right off the garage and has been great to have when coming in from the outside. No room for a door.
0 Likes   April 26, 2014 at 11:28AM
Maggie Passel
Want to use same tile for a Jack and Jill bathroom where there currently is carpet in front of the both vanities and the tile in tub area needs to be replaced. Would this area be best with the 13 x 13- or plank? And how would you lay it- not offset, not diagonal but just straight? Thanks.
0 Likes   April 26, 2014 at 11:32AM
Maggie Passel
tub area between vanities
0 Likes   April 26, 2014 at 11:33AM
adivra
The 12x24 will really update that room. I have a weird powder room, sometimes you just have to make do for the sake of convenience!
0 Likes   April 26, 2014 at 11:36AM
PRO
Design Your Kitchen and Bath
I agree, I believe the 12 x 24 will update it and add some visual interest to space! Actually I would do the staggered tile pattern because I like the continuous feeling it gives off while connecting the tub area with vanity area. I feel the diagonal or grid pattern would not have a great impact to updating the space. Oh, and 12 x 24 for the laundry room too!
0 Likes   April 26, 2014 at 12:19PM
Maggie Passel
Thanks all. Ok 12 x 24 is it-- So there are 2 vanities and the tile would go like in the attached for the bath and for the laundry? I have told that generally people are using wood trim rather than tile bullnose for areas like around the toilet. Is that true in general? This is very helpful, Thanks.
0 Likes   April 26, 2014 at 5:33PM