Remodeled kitchen with no POP!
gogoellen
We are so excited to have our kitchen remodel nearing completion. However, it is looking a bit BLAH! We love our choices (cabinets redone, new granite, new appliances) but it's missing something! We still need to replace pendant lights, paint, and the ceiling will be redone this summer! What can we do to make us feel great about our "new" kitchen?
Jennifer Reynolds
A backslash? This could certainly give it more pop.
April 26, 2014 at 10:38am        Thanked by gogoellen
anne dee
A BS similar to the one in the ref pic would be nice.
From the bottom of the counter up to the base of the cabinets.
So would the hanging pendants

April 26, 2014 at 10:47am        Thanked by gogoellen
gogoellen
Hmmm…a backsplash might be needed! I like those hanging pendants!
April 26, 2014 at 11:26am   
Melanie Love Kelly
if you don't want to put in a backspash you could paint the backsplash area in a nice color that would contrast to what you have and make it pop! good luck and for the record I think the kitchen looks beautiful :)
April 26, 2014 at 11:26am   
mcbmd3
Get your wallet open: new dinette set, window treatments in dining area, and new light fixtures. All will update your lovely new kitchen. I know, where does the spending stop...
April 26, 2014 at 11:49am      Thanked by gogoellen
Sophie Wheeler
An actal vent hood could give you an attractive focal point and keep all of those new surfaces from getting greasy and dirty so quickly.
April 26, 2014 at 11:58am   
flair lighting
the dining and pendant lights need to be changed, they need to be your jewelry to the
remodel!! otherwise it will be a bit dated looking. you could try re painting the pendants silver, they are still a current style.
April 26, 2014 at 12:07pm   
flair lighting
you could use a rail and add some interest as well as a third small pendant, i might even try a satin nickle dining fixture to break up all the dark
April 26, 2014 at 12:33pm     
gogoellen
@Sophie - there is a vent that rises magically from in back of the cooktop! So, we don't need a hood! The sink is copper and the faucet rubbed bronze. We were thinking of a deep red for an accent color….maybe some fun art on the wall between the top of the granite and the cabinets. @Flair - what do you mean a rail? I love seeing how the pendant lights look! The lights are beautiful that you posted!! Thanks for posting that! We are going to do a tray ceiling with cam lights this summer. It will be centered over the island. The ceiling will match the one in the breakfast area. @ MC - this was a remodel on a budget with my hubby doing a LOT of the work! Still…..whew!!! We need to wind down the cash flowing OUT! (but we also want to say "WOW! It was worth it!!")
April 26, 2014 at 12:57pm   
Hyde Evans Design
I think you did just fine. Pendant lights will make a huge difference. Pick fixtures that make a statement
April 26, 2014 at 1:09pm     
flair lighting
well in that case i would wait for that change, put two pendants over this island and put two can lights in place of the pendants over the bar area. that way the chandelier over the table will be the focal point.
April 26, 2014 at 1:44pm     
Sophie Wheeler
I'm well aware of popups. But, you can't beat the lighting source, the statement, and the actual ventilation provided by an overhead vent.
April 26, 2014 at 2:02pm   
Paradigm Pop Top Remodels
Pop Top Remodeling is an example of a home addition...
Budget-pop top and remodel
If we have a 1,200 sq foot home which needs a complete...
Newly remodeled a home needs POP of color!
We recently remodeled our home... I mean COMPLETELY...
Help! Kitchen layout! How can I make this kitchen "pop"? :)
Hi guys, I am putting in an island, kitchen cabinets,...
Skylights on covered porch
Building a new cottage. Architect has suggested putting...
Help me decorate this wall!
We recently bought our house and are working on finishing...
New House Practically Blank Slate
Just moved into new house--open concept living, dining,...
Dryer vent/pipe keeps clogging
Anyone have any at site appreciate it : lastnight I...
Fireplace Frustration
Hi! Looking for suggestions on what to do with this...