Are you Houzzing in the UK? Come and say hi!
Emmeline Westin
I thought it would be nice to get to know you better before Houzz UK kicks off, so I was hoping this could be a fun thread where we can get introduced to each other and talk about our favourite designs and styles. And why you love Houzz!

I'll go first: My name's Emmeline and I'm the Community Manager for Houzz UK. I love the Womb Chair by Eero Saarinen and I can't resist a bit of Scandinavian minimalism.

Now it's your turn!

Vivienne Sung
Hi everyone! I'm Vivienne the UK MD for Houzz and I couldn't be more excited that the UK will soon get its very own version of the Houzz website. I can't wait to meet you all!

I suffer from multiple personality disorder when it comes to my favourite kind of design - I grew up in very traditional surroundings and adore a sensitively restored period property but I have to say when it comes to modern London living the thing that always gets me excited is a good pop of colour and some exposed brickwork :)
16 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 2:08AM
True Colours Interiors
Hi, Im Katrina Smith and Im an interior designer. I own True Colours Interiors, based in Sussex. I love all interiors and also very excited about a UK version of Houzz
6 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    April 29, 2014 at 2:22AM
Karen Reeves
When is Houzz UK happening, it's what we've all been waiting for here...??
6 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 2:33AM
Emmeline Westin
Hi Karen and Katrina - nice to see you here! We're working on it and you should see a change very shortly :)
0 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 2:40AM
shelleyuk
Hi guys. I'm a lawyer but spend most of my time on houzz when I should be working. Is the UK site going to be completely separate from the main site?
11 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 2:51AM
Victoria Harrison
Hello, i'm Vicky, the UK Editor for Houzz and I can't wait to share some great UK ideabooks with you all very soon. My style is influenced by Scandinavian simplicity (lots of white) but I can't resist a bit of vintage and I also have a weakness for pretty English florals. This is my dream office.

10 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 2:55AM
Lampert Dias Architects, Inc.
I hope that the UK Houzz is not separated from the rest of the world..........I enjoy being part of the big picture. I practice architecture in California but I also live in Hong Kong where I teach and write about architecture. I would feel very left out if houzz started to segregate it's countries.........so please don't.
19 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 3:05AM
Victoria Harrison
Don't worry, we love seeing international architecture too, so the UK site will still showcase the best Houzz Tours from around the world!
0 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 3:08AM
shelleyuk
I think many of us are a bit worried about Houzz breaking off into separate countries. The international aspect is what makes it great and keeps the discussions flowing around the clock. The best Houzz tours aren't really the key thing. Is there going to be any other integration?
17 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 3:17AM
Gemma Smith
Hi! I'm Gemma, The Professional Community Manager at Houzz UK. Working at Houzz makes it literally impossible to have a favourite style. Every day I see beautiful designs, and for me at least, there seems to be no common factor. I do however know that I am now a massive fan of copper in kitchens, like this absolute beauty. One day, one day!!!

6 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 3:17AM
Emmeline Westin
@Shelleyuk You'll be able to browse all international photos, but there's so much amazing design in the UK we want to highlight too. We love the international touch though so it won't go away!
6 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 4:01AM
Vivienne Sung
@shelleyuk @LampertDiasArchitectsInc - having a Houzz UK office is really about making sure that the UK community receives the same amount of love and support as the US community (and same goes for our AU, DE and FR offices!) Houzz will still be one big global community but as an international user you will find it much easier to discover great local design, as well as beautiful examples from all around the world!
@KarenReeves we are working very hard on it - we promise it won't be long!!
4 Likes   April 29, 2014 at 5:36AM
Jo Leevers
Hi, I'm Jo and I like a bit of bold colour, a dash of vintage/antiques and the handcrafted or painted. One day, I would love to live in an all-white house by the sea. But that's never going to happen. For a start, the dog would have it mud-spattered in minutes. Love Houzz for inspiration, ideas and dreams. I think interiors, like fashion, should say something about you. But, unlike fashion, can sum up different strands of your life story so far.
9 Likes   April 30, 2014 at 2:37AM
Hi Houzzers
I'm a British interior designer/decorator living and practicing in Switzerland but actually give advice and input all over the world - the wonders of the internet. I like the idea of a dedicated UK Houzz but hope it is only a subset of the bigger Houzz and that we can zoom in on a region rather than have to jump out of it. (In my case I could end up being excluded from everywhere as I dont foresee Houzz Switzerland any time soon!)

In the world that we live in today, it is important to understand different types of regional styles and tastes to better serve clients. I really enjoy discussions and Ideabooks worldwide. However, I do appreciate the English style and find it is markedly different (generally) to Europe and the US in some respects....

Best of luck on your new endeavour.
13 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    April 30, 2014 at 2:47AM
Alison Young
Like the others, I would still like to see the international design ideas without having to leave the site, but it will be great to have UK products for sale on the UK version of the site. I keep seeing great products on houzz.com but can't buy them as they're from US sellers (don't fancy the shipping / import costs!!), and it's hard to keep up with all the great independent UK interiors shops.

Although I love US interiors style, it's very different to UK style. Plus we have major square footage envy - European places are much pokier, so require different styling!

This will nicely fill the gap left by mydeco.com in the UK, and if it's in a similar format to houzz.com I expect it to be much better.

We await with much anticipation!!
11 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    April 30, 2014 at 8:12AM
OnePlan
Hi ! I'm Karen, I run OnePlan.
I design and also produce CAD drawings for individuals ( so they can shop around and make a more informed choice ) and also Manufacturers, and Architects, Developers and even some studios!
I live in a very old cottage - so my love of anything old and in keeping for an old cottage is usually my design favourite, but I do like modern things too !! Too many lovely things in the world to choose just one !!!
( Many of us chat on the UK thread that's in Others too ! We have the longest ever thread on houzz I think ! Over 10.000 posts !!! )
4 Likes   April 30, 2014 at 9:30AM
sunnie2day
Hiya from NE Scotland, I'm Sunnie and love Houzz for the great, inspiring discussions from all over the world. I'm a UK-US citizen, raised by UK expats in the US and UK.

I do like the idea of pricing and availability to UK and European Houzzers but am no slouch at showing a snap to joiners, etc, in an effort to achieve something here, and I know how to use a currency converter. (Not keen on shipping and Customs though, lol!) Several of us go back and forth on holiday/family visits, and see things in the States while there that can be found here but aren't as well known here so I'd hate to see the interaction end - I find a lot of inspiration in the US for some things.

I would be glad to know the answer to this: will I need a US Houzz account and a separate UK one?
7 Likes   April 30, 2014 at 9:47AM
Victoria
Definitely brass! Thought that Houzz was supposed to bring us together to share things not divide us into separate camps?
More UK products would be great but I'd still like to access US items.
2 Likes   April 30, 2014 at 1:25PM
shelleyuk
I suspect we are not the Houzz UK target audience really. We're all a bit entrenched here at houzz.com and if its going to be separated then that's not going to appeal to most of us current UK houzzers. But if the site is publicised in the UK then I'm sure there'll soon be new bunch of UK houzzers.
3 Likes   April 30, 2014 at 1:37PM
Emmeline Westin
Hi @sunnietoday, you won't need two accounts, one is quite enough! Nothing will change, you'll still be able to browse US photos, but it will just be easier to see UK content. Hope that clarifies it :)
7 Likes   May 1, 2014 at 1:10AM
Vivienne Sung
@shelleyuk you certainly are our target audience! We love Houzzers that have been here supporting us since the early days. Just to reiterate we are not going to be splitting the site up and you absolutely won't need multiple accounts. It is one big global Houzz and then local offices to support the local audiences. We are simply making it much easier to find photos and content from a particular country, especially your own :)
10 Likes   May 1, 2014 at 1:22AM
shelleyuk
Phew. We've all been worried!
7 Likes   May 1, 2014 at 1:27AM
sunnie2day
Emmeline, please call me Sunnie, and thank-you for your reply - as Shelley writes, we have been worried. Looking forward to seeing the new content now!
4 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    May 1, 2014 at 2:09AM
Emmeline Westin
Anytime Sunnie :) I'm here for the Houzz community, so reach out if you ever have any queries or feedback!
2 Likes   May 1, 2014 at 5:24AM
shelleybowley
Hi there, cannot wait for UK edition, may have to increase the credit card balance though for all those lovely long awaited house purchases!!
3 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    May 1, 2014 at 6:24AM
anapaulafigs
Hi My name is Ana Paula, I am an Anthropologis and Documentary producer. I'm doing my intire house in North London. I use Houzz for almost everything, but I wish it had more British houses as inspirations and products we could get here....So, I can't wait for Houzz UK, when is it starting?
4 Likes   June 12, 2014 at 3:52AM
Emmeline Westin
Sounds very exciting Ana Paula! We can't wait for the site to launch, but we have to wait a little bit longer! In July you'll definitely notice a change :)
1 Like   June 12, 2014 at 4:07AM
property manger
can't wait for the uk site to open always want to see more uk houses
4 Likes   June 12, 2014 at 4:30AM
Patricia Pelgrims
I can hardly wait for Houzz UK to go live. I live in Ireland and hope to be seeing some more familiar styles than the grand and large American homes.
7 Likes   June 12, 2014 at 4:30AM
The Bazeley Partnership
Hello all! Great to see Houzz UK go live! I'm Hannah at Cornwall Architects The Bazeley Partnership.
1 Like   July 16, 2014 at 6:20AM
sunnie2day
Oh, very nice! Congrats to the HouzzUK team for creating such a lovely site! I'm off to explore:)
2 Likes   July 16, 2014 at 7:24AM
OnePlan
me too !
1 Like   July 16, 2014 at 7:29AM
Eat Live Sleep
Hi, just signed up today and would love anyone to point me in the direction of anything they want to show! Just finding my feet at the moment!
2 Likes   July 16, 2014 at 7:39AM
OnePlan
Hi Eat Live Sleep !
Welcome to Houzz ! According to your page you are in France ?! Bonjour !!!
1 Like   July 16, 2014 at 7:49AM
Emmeline Westin
Hi @Eat Live Sleep - great to see you here! If we can help you with anything, let me know! If you want a crash course on Houzz, this is probably the best guide: http://www.houzz.co.uk/proCenter
1 Like   July 16, 2014 at 8:55AM
Eat Live Sleep
Thanks Emmeline, I will do that! C
1 Like   July 16, 2014 at 9:09AM
embzop
I'm a UK Houzzer. I bought a 1970s house 4 years ago and have been using Houzz for inspiration to make my house into a home that I love. So pleased to hear we will be keeping access to international content. Love all the designs but I have had to learn a new language - drapes, powder rooms, trash cans, mud rooms, nightstands etc.
6 Likes   July 16, 2014 at 1:48PM
UK Bathrooms
Hi UK Houzzers!

Houzz.co.uk launch day is here! :-)
It’s looking good!
I’m Heidi, Marketing and Social Media for UK Bathrooms.
We are an interiors showroom and online retailer in Ripon, North Yorkshire.
We’re looking forward to uploading some more project photo’s and answering some bathroom-y based questions from UK users, hopefully we can help!
5 Likes   July 17, 2014 at 2:38AM
Island Bathrooms
Loving the new Houzz.co.uk website here at Island Bathrooms www.islandbathrooms.co.uk
3 Likes   July 17, 2014 at 3:51AM
trevis58
This Ap has inspired me. I'm a secret interior designer.
It just needs more business on here so I can get my bedroom and bathroom done in the uk.
6 Likes   July 17, 2014 at 4:06AM
lissa31
Hello you mentioned Houzz getting an AU version/office, is there a date for that yet please? TIA
0 Likes   July 17, 2014 at 4:14AM
Island Bathrooms
Great looking site!

My name is Rio, Marketing and PR Executive for Island Bathrooms. We are a UK based bathrooms and kitchens supplier with over 30 years in the trade selling bathrooms and kitchens to suit all budgets. www.islandbathrooms.co.uk

Looking forward to answering some bathroom based questions from UK users, hopefully we can help and uploading some more inspiring customer before and after makeover photo's.
4 Likes   July 17, 2014 at 4:17AM
True Colours Interiors
Great to see that Houzz UK has now gone live
2 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    July 17, 2014 at 5:06AM
Luciana
Hi! I'm Luciana, called Ellie by those who have difficulties pronouncing Latin names (and I'm apologising in advance for any English mistakes I'm surely going to make).

I've always had an interest in interior design and discovered Houzz when renovating our Cardiff home in 2012. I was quite frustrated at the time by the lack of (photos of) British rooms for inspiration -- I used to browse expensive houses on estate agents sites and look there for design ideas and unusual furniture/ products.

Hopefully the UK site would help others who need inspiration, especially on how to deal with all those often quirky and asymmetrical spaces that are rather predominant in most British old houses.
5 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    July 17, 2014 at 6:02AM
Emmeline Westin
Hi @b12345! We're excited about Houzz AUS too! We don't have the launch date for them, but it will happen shortly so watch this space!
1 Like   July 17, 2014 at 6:29AM
OnePlan
Hi Rio @island bathrooms !! I'm just a few miles away !! Welcome to Houzz !!

He everyone else too !!! ;-)
2 Likes   July 17, 2014 at 1:46PM
ellielederle
I have loved the ideas coming out of "Houzz" its dangerous in those quiet moments at work, or even the not so quiet moments! I am fortunate to have access to two very different styles of houses to be creative in. The one my husband owns in North Norway, and the one in my name in Scotland. The latter a small new build cottage like that ideas are more to decorating. (although I do have a major refurb in mind). The north Norwegian house has space for further refurbing, which is exciting. I am glad that there is a UK base of Houzz as we can get answers that can closely resemble our situations. As someone pointed out we do occasionally get the space envy. However I was/would have been concerned about separations as the mix on the whole gives out many brilliant ideas and it would have been a shame to lose that.

But for now, is there anyone out there who could perhaps give me tips about Murphy beds, but for the Norwegian home. I am reaching a point of collecting ideas and or the actual structure from anywhere in Europe as that is a bit closer than USA. Thanks!
5 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 4:49AM
alfieroy
Hello everybody, my name is Anne and I live in Scotland. Land of rain and grey sky. At the moment I am in the middle of adding an extension to the back of my kitchen. I discovered H.ouzz when I started to look for inspiration. Due to little money I am having to reuse my kitchen units (beige) but I will be adding to them (wood ). It was not possible to match them so I needed ideas and I saw contrasts seem to be the in thing. Also I will be moving my sitting room suite into the finished space, only trouble is its highly patterned and black/brown. Trying to make the space light and colourful is going to be hard. I am sure I will end up with beige and wood and bland. Nothing like the fabulous kitchens I have seen on Houzz. Any ideas will be very welcome. Thank you!
6 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 11:55AM
OnePlan
hi Ellie and Anne - maybe you should post your projects in the dilemma thread to get some ideas and input from the other houzzers ?! there may be a Norwegian Murphy bed supplier reading Ellie or someone who can help you with your colour choices Anne ?
2 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 12:04PM
Clive Kaye
Hi All, This is brilliant. I have been singing the praise of Houzz for over a year as it is superb for giving inspirational ideas. I hope that you will have the same features that you can click on an item and find the stockist. It will be superb to find UK stockists. Thanks for doing this.
2 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 12:11PM
sunnie2day
Hiya, Anne, I'm in Angus nearer the Mearns!

Hello to Clive and Ellie, too:)
2 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 12:18PM
aiga
How does UK edition work in Houzz app? Do I need to adjust settings or I just get both contents automatically?
2 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 12:42PM
OnePlan
here's a link to a thread with some tips for newbies ! i think towards the bottom there's a post saying the app is world wide / American and the web is a automatically UK if you are in UK or you can change it to USA at the bottom of the page http://houzz.com/discussions/1075076
1 Like   July 18, 2014 at 1:14PM
thedarlingsbecca
Will we Americans who love English decorating, gardens, countryside, London, etc., etc., get to see and read the UK Houzz?
3 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 10:56PM
trevis58
When is the uk addition being released?
0 Likes   July 18, 2014 at 11:19PM
vanillastarlet
Hi, I've been looking forward to Houzz UK for some time and I'd love to use the site more but I find it infuriating to have the obnoxious green 'sign up to Houzz' banner constantly appearing when I'm trying to read pages. I don't want to have to login or even automatically log in every time I want to quickly read a page. It makes the site seem like a cheap ad-filled site and is really offputting. It would be great if you could reconsider this bizarre choice to railroad people into signing in just to read content unobstructed.
3 Likes   July 19, 2014 at 6:05AM
Vivienne Sung
Hi everyone. The UK version of the app isn't too far away so please bear with us. We are busy working on it as I write!
@thedarlingsbecca all of the photos and professionals around the world are still available for you to browse - so if you love the UK you can still see them :) Likewise if you are a UK Houzzer and love the photos from the US, Australia, France, Germany..or anywhere! You will see there is a filter in the left hand navigation on http://www.houzz.co.uk/photos that lets you filter the photos by area/country if you wish!
1 Like   July 19, 2014 at 7:13AM
Cherrie Hub Furniture
Hi,

I'm Maggie, and I work at Cherrie Hub, online shop selling rustic furniture with a period charm. I do love anything that is made out of rustic pine, oak or bamboo, and cannot ressist a single item with cast iron on it... That's why my home is filled with cast iron magazine racks, bamboo chairs, wicker baskets and any rustic accessories!
1 Like   July 19, 2014 at 10:16AM
thedarlingsbecca
Thank you. thank you, thank you - from the U.S. Are you regretting you announced this before we could all pounce on the new Houzz UK?? ;>} Me thinks you have a hit!
1 Like   July 19, 2014 at 12:16PM
soozmacrae
Im looking forward to the UK Houzz also, Im inScotland but I enjoy looking at the American homes as they are usually so much larger than ours here.
6 Likes   July 19, 2014 at 4:27PM
Leslie Tamani
Hi
Just checked out UK page and wondering if it will be a UK site with American terminology? As an Irish person we can go with both but lifestyles and cultures differ and the website should (I hope) reflect those cultural differences.
3 Likes   July 19, 2014 at 6:01PM
jillchops
Hi my name is Jill,
I am loving houzz, and looking for ideas to paint my living room. I am going from a dark red feature wall to nice light aqua/mint walls but can't decide on a complimentary colour to warm it up. I love all things crafty and have just discovered how to paint furniture with chalk paint which is my new love. Looking for inspiration and like getting to know other crafters/designers ect.
3 Likes   July 19, 2014 at 10:42PM
Mel
I'm a big fan of this site/app based in Ireland and I'm delighted to see a more international approach being taken! Will be watching this space..,
2 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 12:11AM
Pauline Marchant
Hi everyone

I have adored Houzz for ages and have it on mu iPhone too so I can browse in my lunchtimes at work! Every photo has the "Wow" factor. I have been frustrated in the past because most of the featured items are unobtainable in the UK, even Pottery Barn (Oh, if only they would come to the UK). However, Houzz UK will be an enormous hit and I can't wait...
3 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 12:41AM
trish1400
an entirely UK site seems like a bit of overkill - I've been wishing for years that it was possible to search on all UK / Ireland metro areas at once as tastes and products available for sale are quite different - it particularly affects exteriors and gardens. The other day I was looking for driveway ideas but there weren't any good photos of locally available / manufactured stone and it's not the sort of thing you'd import!

So I'm intrigued and hopeful - good luck to everyone involved!
2 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 1:15AM
Joe Beardsworth
I'm Joe. I have a modest home and would like to see designs of more modest means. I have a 12 feet by 12 kitchen that also has to be dining area too. I'd like to see real average homes and not Grand Designs all the time.

I've recently had my bathroom revamped. I like it and it was worth the £6000 we eventually spent on it. I could have done it myself for around £2-3000 but received various quotes ranging up to £12000 (Tesco).

I dare not get a kitchen design company to quote for a replacement kitchen because I haven't the means to pay for the £12000+ that I'm expecting. I am also getting too old to be borrowing money for house revamping.

So all in all I'm looking for ideas for the average Joe.
7 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 3:45AM
vanillastarlet
Joe - we found we saved tons of money compared to going with 'kitchen' or 'bathroom' companies by thinking outside the box a little (first time round we had designers to help us but we have now adopted their way of thinking!)

For example - cheap Howdens cupboard carcasses look smart if you get them spray painted with eggshell paint, shiny bathroom/kitchen backsplashes can be made far cheaper by getting glass cut and then painting the back (have seen examples of this on Houzz UK!) and sourcing the actual products (baths, taps, sinks, tiles etc) yourselves - the same product can vary wildly in price on the internet. .

A good builder is obviously key but then you can try out more crazy ideas - we ended up with reclamation yard bits and pieces to make it more individual.
4 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 3:53AM
Nova Williams
Hi everyone!

My name is Nova, I am the author of 18 Chelsea Mews, an interior design and lifestyle blog inspired by all things bright and beautiful. I have a penchant for colourful, cleverly designed modern furniture and bright home accessories; all made even more beautiful with lots of fresh flowers. With all white walls as the backdrop, this approach to decorating does it for me every time.

I'm very excited about HouzzUK; I've always wished for it to become a reality since my very first visit to Houzz.com a few years ago! :)
1 Like   July 20, 2014 at 3:58AM
Tri Drummond
I am no designer what so ever. But I am keen to think new ideas and new changes to freshen up anything around me, in this case my house. It is a great idea to have Houzz UK so the source will be able to find locally. Last but not least, I will love Houzz UK to bits.
1 Like   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    July 20, 2014 at 4:30AM
antheab
Super excited for a UK version, great news! I'm addicted to Houzz, so the prospect of additional UK content is music to my ears.
2 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 5:24AM
72717271
I'm Jan and from Ohio and just found houzz - luvit! More ideas than HGTV; easier to access photos, and such creativity. Will definitely be looking at the UK version as I order fabrics and other items from there already. Have relatives there and hope to visit some day.
2 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 7:05AM
Eric Jackson
Hi, I'm Eric and with my partner we're about to begin a major renovation and extension to our old house here on North Uist in the Outer Hebrides. It's a huge challenge as will be doing a lot of the labour ourselves with help from a builder. We have some bespoke elements involved which adds difficulty, especially given our location. Anyway, Houzz has given us lots of inspiration in the design phase and I look forward to seeing the UK version up and running. I might even start an ideabook with our project from start to finish. Keep up the good work!
5 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    July 20, 2014 at 7:15AM
cronecottage
Hello. I am Patty and I love the UK. I think the stork dropped me on the wrong side of the pond all those years back! I moved from Oregon to North Carolina three years ago, bought a 101 year old farmhouse I lovingly named Crone Cottage. I have a Welsh slate plaque on the front porch proclaiming it. My living room is painted in Farrow and Ball "Blazer" just as my children's former home in Great Livermere was. I am over the moon about the launch of the UK version of Houzz. Now, at the age of 68, I can tell you it is never too late to follow your dreams, and your heart. Best of luck. PS I am coming back in 2015 to visit some of my favorite places. Scotland is first on that list. (My comment here did show I was thanked by Emmeline Weston. I am pleased about that, but the "like" button disappeared. I am always interested to have some likes so I can visit the ideabooks of those folks. Can Houzz please fix this? Thanks.)
2 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    July 20, 2014 at 8:41AM
Emmeline Westin
Hi @Joe, thanks for your feedback! I think there are many who agree with you, although we love to see a high end, inspirational home, not everyone can afford it and make it reality. We'll have plenty of great budget ideas to share with you, one of my favourite Ideabooks right now is this Wee House in Scotland:

4 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 9:08AM
Emmeline Westin
Hello @Leslie, the UK site will have UK terminology too, so we avoid any confusion. If you have any other thoughts on the site, we'd love to hear them!
0 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 9:13AM
shobird
So happy to have a UK version of Houzz! I'm an American married to a Brit and living in the UK, and while I love the original Houzz I will be thrilled to see more UK designs, ideabooks, local pros, gardening ideas that will work in the UK climate and more local source information (particularly the latter). I very much like the idea of having the UK content centralised and easy to find, knowing that I can broaden my search to see the global content. Thanks for starting the UK site.
2 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    July 20, 2014 at 9:14AM
Karen Jones
Hi I'm Karen and I only discovered Houzz about a week ago, still getting to know how it works. I adore all things white and live in a white art deco house. Look forward to discovering more about all things Houzz design, home & interiors.
3 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 9:15AM
zauthan
Hi I love Houzz. When is Houzz UK coming? I thoroughly enjoy the pictures very inspirational. In a couple weeks will re-do my kitchen,.... Will definitely upload pics.
2 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 10:38AM
alfieroy
Hi Sunnie2day and Eric and everyone else from Scotland and the UK. Anne here. Eric it would be great to hear about your project. Although I am just putting a small box on the back of my house I am finding the whole thing exciting, as I am sure you are. I have looked at so many different types of flooring. Do I go for real wood or maybe amtico? It's been fun researching different things though my husband is the type of person that would go to one shop and buy the first thing he saw. I've been going on about my little box for several months now and he is fed up. I think I might have saved his sanity by finding houzz.
4 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 12:32PM
cronecottage
Thanks, Emmeline Westin, for thanking me for my earlier comment. However, now there is no like button for my earlier comment. I look forward to finding a few folks who like what I have written, so I can see their ideabooks. Can Houzz please fix this? I would be ever so grateful! (Also, when I edited my comment about this, your "thanks" disappeared. Woe is me!)
2 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 12:45PM
busylady1
Hi, Congratulations on the new UK site! For the last couple of years, I have used Houzz.com for inspiration and just general enjoyment because I love looking at beautiful interiors. I will still log on to Houzz.com from time to time, but it's great to be able to find things that I can source over here, and that I can fit into a standard UK home.
2 Likes   July 20, 2014 at 1:38PM
Glartique
Hi I am a new pro user, I create bespoke art splashbacks, transforming functional surfaces into art, i love houzz.com and am very excited to have our own UK site as I kept getting enquirers from America and I haven't branched out that far yet http://www.houzz.com/uk/pro/glartique/glartique im just starting to build my portfolio on houzz.com/uk is it possible to add a new category for kitchen splashbacks? the only thing i fit into is kitchen products but there is clearly a demand for people looking for splashback inspiration, thanks Ashley
8 Likes   July 21, 2014 at 1:58AM
mike_s_price
Hello everyone. I'm Mike and live in Wiltshire in the UK. It is good to find a site which collates and curates a wide variety of ideas, concepts and success stories into a single location.

Personally I would find it useful for room designs to also include the dimensions of the rooms picture or described, so that I can see how close it is to my own rooms. Many times I may look at photographs but find it somewhat difficult to identify scale and figure out if and how aspects of the design may fit into my own spaces.

I've got quite a few ideas for my home. It is a mid 19th century cottage but the interior will lend itself to a contemporary but homely style. Now I just need to figure out how to make the space feel as big as possible whilst also fitting as much into it as possible!
4 Likes   July 21, 2014 at 2:42AM
Helen Jones
Do I have to do something different to look at the uk site? I usually look on my iPad using the houzz app, so will I need to download another app?
0 Likes   July 21, 2014 at 4:27AM
Daman of Witham
Hi all,

We are a Bath, Kitchen, Bedroom & just about any other room design company based in Witham, Essex! We have been on Houzz for a while and excited about the new UK version. We are here to network with interior designers and new clients! We will regularly update our profile with our projects and encourage anyone to come and share their projects and thoughts with us!
2 Likes   July 21, 2014 at 7:08AM
Daman of Witham
One question to you all, how do you earn badges on here? such as popular with design or customer satisfaction? and helenjones318 I don't think there is a new app etc, its just that local searches seem to work now and it shows you more contents from the uk rather than the states. Hope that helps!
1 Like   July 21, 2014 at 7:10AM
72717271
To Glartique - your work is amazing - I'm sure you can easily find a market here in the states and be well received. Very different backsplash! Thinking of redoing our bathroom next year and this may work well. I enjoy anything that isn't the run of the mill. Best of luck to you and have a joyful day.
1 Like   July 21, 2014 at 7:28AM
tara5
Hi all, Another American living in the UK (Purley, Surrey) but my partner is Indian. We just bought our first house and I've been decorating away. I can't wait for more UK product links and next year we will probably do a major garden redesign. Looking forward to the new site.
3 Likes   July 21, 2014 at 7:35AM
Emmeline Westin
Hi @helenjones If you use your laptop or computer you'll be able to check out Houzz UK, but we're currently working on the app so it's not live yet. Watch this space! :)
0 Likes   July 21, 2014 at 9:55AM
Sonia Goul-Wheeker
Hello! I'm Sonia, I'm a community co-ordinator at Houzz UK so I get to speak to all the lovely professionals every day :) So excited for Houzz UK to have launched! If you're a Pro and need help with your profile please feel free to reach out to our team :)
1 Like   July 21, 2014 at 10:16AM
trevis58
is it automatically UK HOUZZ when you login?
0 Likes   July 21, 2014 at 11:41PM
Daman of Witham
trevis58 yeah its the same site just now everything is a bit more uk relevant
0 Likes   July 22, 2014 at 4:18AM
verajoana
Hi, my name is Vera, I'm Portuguese and I live near Birmingham. I've been using Houzz since last year and I absolutely adore it! Thank you for giving us a Houzz UK :) I secretly hoped it would happen one day :)

I am an avid crafter, and I've always loved decoration, but I only actually started having the opportunity to experiment with decoration when I arrived in the UK. My partner and I rent a house, and I've been having so much fun decorating, upcycling furniture from charity shops and reupholstering chairs that we rescue from the tip! We will be moving again soon and I already have my head bursting with ideas :) and Houzz has just been a massive help... or pain, since it just gives me more and more ideas and inspiration!

And to sum it up, my favorite style of design is scandinavian, and I'm loving the mixture of grey, green and yellow at the moment (the colour palette in my craft's room :))! I've even made a baby mobile with those colours for a friend recently :)

Best of luck and so sorry for the long comment :)
1 Like   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    July 23, 2014 at 4:28AM
alisonheppell
When is soon!
0 Likes   July 25, 2014 at 10:35AM
Emmeline Westin
@Daman - The Best of Houzz Awards are announced every year at the beginning of the year. We'll kick off soon with nominations from the community and you'll receive an email about it shortly.
@Glartique - Thanks for the feedback - lovely splashbacks! For now, make sure you add lots of splashback keywords to your product uploads. If you have any other questions about how to maximise your profile, we can set you up with a consultation call with our pro team!
0 Likes   July 25, 2014 at 1:34PM
17woodlawn
Hi Houzz Uk and USA. Don't forget us Houzz addicts in Ireland!
1 Like   July 27, 2014 at 2:58AM
Sam Hill
Hi! I'm English and I have been using Houzz for just over a year. I first saw it on a demonstration iPad in an apple shop. After I got an iPad, I was using it straight away!
1 Like   July 30, 2014 at 3:32PM
alisonheppell
Is uk houzz up and running yet
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 3:34PM
movinghouseagain
Hurry up .
0 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 4:27PM
Ciocco
Hi! I'm Natalie, and though I live in the US, I am an admirer of international interior/exterior designs. I am delighted to see the UK version of Houzz up and running, and I look forward to the (hopefully friendly) exchanges (of ideas, terms, etc.) that will take place here.
3 Likes   August 3, 2014 at 5:37PM
Millie Money
Hello, nice to meet everyone. I just joined today and I live in the UK. I love this site, it is very interesting
3 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 3:00AM
Doors4UK - Made to Measure Doors
Hello everyone,
We are modern and luxury made to measure internal glass and wooden doors supplier, made in Germany, with a showroom in Watford. Look forward to network with interior designer, architects, developers and end clients on the new UK version of Houzz. We will update regularly our profile with a new projects and new interior door designs, if you have any question regarding glass and wood doors let us know.
0 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 12:26PM
Jo DP
It will be great to see houzz in Britain too and start reading about cushions not pillows, and words spelt properly like colour..only joking.
I would need at least 4 properties to indulge all the diversity of my interior taste but until then the pick and mix of Houzz will suffice brilliantly. many thanks.
2 Likes   August 4, 2014 at 11:52PM
Emmeline Westin
@alisonheppell We are indeed!
0 Likes   August 5, 2014 at 10:18AM
lux23
Excellent news about the UK site. I live in Hertfordshire with my husband, two daughters and a Labrador puppy. I have spent hours on Houzz, it's so great for inspiration. Hopefully we'll see a bit more Farrow & Ball instead of Benjamin Moore! Also hope to see some smaller homes, although I do like dreaming about that space in American homes usually shown on here.
3 Likes   August 6, 2014 at 4:38PM
MsJacqueline
Hello everyone I'm Jacqueline an interior decorator specialising in bespoke furniture and made to measure curtains & blinds. I'm based in Harrow Middlesex and cater to clients around the world.

I'm totally obsessed with lux fabrics, Fornasetti, photo frames, gold accent accessories, all chair shapes & upholstery!

Feel free to drop me a line.

Info@ms-jacqueline.com
www.Ms-Jacqueline.com
1 Like   August 6, 2014 at 7:05PM
72717271
I'm Jan - live in Ohio in the US; love everything from England - purchase linens, greeting cards, etc. Have traced my family back to 1400's and we are British and Scotch-Irish - I am very excited about the houzz UK - love the decorating, ideas, creativity.
2 Likes   August 7, 2014 at 4:22AM
VC Design Architectural Services
Im Veronica Congdon BAS BArch, love Houzz for finding inspiration and doing " mood boards" for clients and showcasing my own projects, which are mainly residential architecture in SW London, Merton, Kingston and Surrey . Afraid I missed the launch last week, and I think its great that you are starting a UK " division" (not quite sure how that works in reality) as the North American Aesthetic that predominates does not suit our house types. Great, go for it!
1 Like   August 7, 2014 at 5:08AM
VC Design Architectural Services
PS I hope I dont have to upload my projects again onto the new UK site???? help!
0 Likes   August 7, 2014 at 5:10AM
Emmeline Westin
@VC Design - Your profile can be accessed globally, so no need to change anything :)
1 Like   August 7, 2014 at 8:12AM
VC Design Architectural Services
Thanks, yes, just had a conversation with Vivienne- vey helpful and totally seamless! thansk
0 Likes   August 7, 2014 at 8:20AM
swissdixie
Hi there! I'm not a designer like several of you and in fact I do not even live in UK but rather Switzerland. However, I have been a US Houzz (originally from South Carolina) fan for years and lived in England for many years before moving to CH with my husband (coincidentally, is British).

The Swiss version of style/design in homes is....well....ahhh....well, let's say it can be as varied as UK/US! You tend to have more modern/minimalist, which is not my preferred style but it is growing on me. I think my main excitement for UK Houzz is we can more easily ship/import from here rather than the US!! I also think UK Houzzers will also bring a better perspective of how to best utilise the smaller rooms you tend to find in Europe. Americans get spoilt with space and unfortunately some ideas cannot be translated.

Anyway, because we are new homeowners in a foreign country (first time buyers as well) where interior design is rather variable and EXPENSIVE to renovate (no cowboy builders here!) I'll be posting a lot of 'anyone have an opinion' on some of the more colourful design challenges we're finding!

Very excited for UK Houzz and means I have an excuse to get back to London more often :)
2 Likes   August 8, 2014 at 12:57AM
Shelley Perry
I live in the US...for another six weeks. Moving to Wales for school. I LOVE this site! Love a lot of the ideas, but I know I particularly need ideas for small spaces.. and how to fit the max amount of books in, of course! Shelley
2 Likes   August 8, 2014 at 2:42AM
Monique Barrow
An evening hello from the Netherlands. I've been reading the US Houzz for over a year. I love to see interiors and creativity in them from all over the world. Houzz UK will be more practical/ cheaper in case of buying something.
1 Like   August 13, 2014 at 1:10PM
jessicawhiteley84
Hi all, I found Houzz via a Facebook ad and i am SO pleased! Having just moved into my flat I am really new at this interior design lark and need all the help I can get. Houzz seems to be an amazing resource of image inspirations and super talented people with a great eye for interior style. If anyone should like to help out a clueless newbie I'm grateful for any advice you can throw my way about this: http://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/1115962/Our-first-home--But-how-on-earth-to-decorate ! Jess
1 Like   August 14, 2014 at 1:17PM
movinghouseagain
I have found my ideal fabric through Houzz Uk. Brilliant x
4 Likes   August 14, 2014 at 1:50PM
i-architect
Hi everyone! I'm really excited to be able to get more involved with the additional focus on the UK. It was great to meet the wonderful Houzz team led by Gemma last night at Ferrious showrooms, Manchester. A very well organised evening in a beautiful setting with an amazing selection of chairs, all of which I conscientiously thoroughly tested. This opportunity to make real life connections from the online Houzz community is a particularly fantastic development with the new Houzz UK.

As an architect my focus is on how space feels to be in and how to make it function in a comfortable and barrier free way. Once the space feels and works well then I start to consider decorative styles. I get really excited by the variety of styles, colours, textures and patterns that can be found in architecture and interior design. I tend to deal much more with the hardware (walls, ceilings, floors, windows, doors) of spaces rather than the software (furniture and fittings).

Although I love having the opportunity to influence / make decorative decisions within the spaces I've designed I enjoy seeing how my clients inhabit their space and make it their own. Providing room for self expression for my clients is one of my core values, along with creating spaces which are flexible and adaptable so that they can change to suit changing family needs.

When decorating my own art deco home I get inspiration from historic art deco styles and give them a modern interpretation. I'm particularly drawn to futuristic design from the early 20th Century such as the work of Eileen Grey - a particular favourite. If given complete free reign then my style is like a combination between Mies Van Der Rohe and the Campana Brothers.

I'm looking forward to interesting conversations on the Houzz forum...
5 Likes   Thanked by Emmeline Westin    August 15, 2014 at 5:21AM
Hillarys
Hi everyone!

We just joined Houzz and just wanted to say hello to you all. We’ve had a look around and really like the inspiration imagery and all the different styles that people incorporate in to their homes – some of the ideabooks from people are beautiful!

We’re still just getting to grips with Houzz but we’ll be posting product-based projects and ideabooks that coincide with the latest trends so if you want to take a look feel free to pop over to our profile. We also love to inspire and excite people so if you’re interested do head over to our own inspirational page on our website: http://www.hillarys.co.uk/inspiration/

Look forward to exploring all the corners of Houzz :)
2 Likes   August 15, 2014 at 7:54AM
Daman of Witham
We are Daman of Witham, based in Witham Essex but serving all of Essex as well as London and Suffolk, we have been experts in Bathroom & Kitchen design for over 30 years. We specialise in only the very best manufacturers and unlike many companies we have access to all of their ranges. We feature brands such as Duravit, Villeory & Boch, Hansgrohe, Victoria & Albert, Daval, Keuco, Crosswater, Pelipal, Bauhaus, Merlyn, Simpsons and Majestic just to name a few! Due to our size and reputation, we have great relations with these manufacturers, meaning we can give you prices and expertise that other companies cannot offer. We will guide you through the entire design process of your project, and our dedicated design team can aid you in creating your perfect space by creating CAD designs and provide you with brochures tailored to your preferences. We also offer bespoke options, meaning the Kitchen or Bathroom of your dreams is within reach.

If we can help you with anything just give us a shout on our email or call one of our design team on 01376514896.

If you want to see the products in the flesh then pop into our 10,000sqft showroom featuring numerous Kitchen displays and over 100 Bathroom settings.

www.damans.co.uk

sales@damans,co.uk
2 Likes   August 15, 2014 at 8:07AM
Tom Flanagan
Hello Houzzers! We're having a live Q&A today at 3pm with one of our kitchen pros and it's your chance to ask him anything kitchen related. It's a 3pm rendezvous in the Advice section - we would love to see you there! http://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/1222484/houzz-live-chat-planning-fitting-and-designing
0 Likes   October 17, 2014 at 2:37AM
Jo DP
I'm Jo I sell salvage but love mixing it up as we can't all live in lofts/warehouses.Think 80's colefax & Fowler Fabric, particularly long skirted round tables mixed with metal, french painted & english antique mahogany. Bullion Fringing is another favourite. My salvage pieces have to have fresh flowers on them..the hard and the soft, the male & the female.
My style isn't straightjacketed, love & adoration of an object is my only criteria and if I do, i buy it and mix it in later. Serendipity always happens!
1 Like   October 17, 2014 at 7:39AM
Bespoke Decorative Finishes
Hi, I'm a Decorative Painter or Faux Finisher as I was called in America. Spent 16 years in the USA and was a member of Houzz there. Back in the UK now and finding decorating here is very different. I have no idea what my style is, I like so many things and because I'm always working on different houses, it changes constantly!!
Right now I'm working on workshops and products for the DIY market. People seem very interested to know.
2 Likes   October 17, 2014 at 8:24AM
chalkandbell
I've only recently discovered Houzz(!) and have become quickly addicted. It's great to be able to get advice from the pros but also chat with other Houzzers with design projects on the go especially if they're similar to your own.
I'm soon to move to a victorian house needing lots of work so am finding the site invaluable already particularly now the UK version is up and running and I can drool over lots of products I can actually get my hands on!
As to my style, it's very simple. I don't DO MODERN! The older and tattier the better in my book.
Long live Houzz!
1 Like   October 19, 2014 at 2:57AM
What to do with our big window?
We have this large window and we don't know how to...
Need help selecting a rug and PIllows
We just bought a house and trying to set up slowly....
Color of granite?
Can anyone identify the color of this granite slab?......
Ideas on how to rearrange couch?
Hello again Houzz-ians, Just wondering if you have...
I was given a painting that could be cool OR maybe it is totally lame?
It is an original Paris street scene by Antonio De...