Corridor closets
maplelane123
Hi. So I have a narrow entry way from my door into the kitchen and main area of our townhouse. On either side there are bi-fold doors right now. One set for the closet (closet doors) and the other for the washer dryer area (laundry doors) the laundry doors are open to the kitchen area. I don't at all like the doors for the laundry and I have some plans to eliminate the doors altogether and open the space with proper countertops and doors concealing the washer/dryer below. This would allow the light to come in as we are the end unit townhouse. The laundry broke so my husband is going to replace it for the time being as I I can't afford to do what I want at the moment. As for the closet doors, eventually we will eliminate that closet altogether and open the kitchen up more creating a large space but again, that warrants a kitchen Reno.

So in the meantime...

My question is can anyone envision anything that will open up the space? I was thinking of doing mirrored bifold doors or see if I can get actual double doors that fit that space. Any thoughts? Is it too much to do mirrors on the door???

Thanks, N
maplelane123
Here are the laundry doors. I forgot to mention that there is a wall mirror on the right hand and next to that is the door to the bathroom.
April 29, 2014 at 7:54PM   
suzanne_m
I am not sure that mirrored bifold doors will help. It seems that the reflection you will see will be the laundry room doors that you don't like.

Since you seem to be ok with no closet. Maybe you can remove the door and insert a crezenda or a low cabinet with some art above it.
April 30, 2014 at 12:23AM     
suzanne_m
I was looking on Houzz for a specific picture to show you but I could not fond it. Here are some with the same idea:

Master Bathroom
Snowman Farm
Hallway
April 30, 2014 at 12:59AM     
The doors style should match.
April 30, 2014 at 5:14AM     
suzanne_m
I am not sure if the 2 sets of bi-fold doors are the same size but if you decide to remove the doors from your closet, you could put them in the laundry space.
April 30, 2014 at 8:41AM   
maplelane123
Thanks for your comments. I would love to open up the space at the moment but need to replace the top loader washer dryer to front loader style so that I can put a countertop and cabinetry to match the kitchen countertop. You will see the laundry space is directly across from the kitchen and because we are the end unit we have the window that would bring in light. So until then I am just going to replace the doors. We will replace the doors now on this closet as well as the other closet so they match (they didn't match when we bought them and that is a big peeve of mine also). The closet door is giving me an issue as well so it needs to be replaced now also.

I attached some pics to give a different angle of the space.
April 30, 2014 at 9:08AM   
April 30, 2014 at 9:15AM     
Chelsea Construction Corporation
More of a continuous storage corridor may be what you are looking for. It's a little more work, but worth it in the end. Here is a picture from our "La Loma 2" project. Hope this helps. -Chelsea Construction
April 30, 2014 at 9:27AM   
Apartment Corridor Inset Color
Hey Everyone! We are building an apartment, and it...
Corridor width?
I love the width of this corridor! Can you plse tell...
Lighten an inside corridor with a bathroom on each side
Hallo. We have two rooms we want to turn into bathrooms....
Need help for my corridors walls
Hello Everybody, This is the second corridor leading...
Close to pulling all my hair out. HELP PLEASE!
I'm not sure which countertop to go with between two...
What is this faucet?
I'd like to know if anyone can identify this faucet....
Partiton of kitchan nd dining
I have a room of size 12#24.one side iwill make kitchen...
Drawer help!
I just built this stuva bench from ikea - I tested...
i need ideas for a small bedroom
how do you make a small bedroom bigger. i have a futon...