Help me with my colour scheme!
katwina79
Hi Houzzers!
Need some advice. I have been working on my living room colour scheme for a while and I'm just stumped. I'm 50% happy with it, but I want it to feel more unified, and I want the colours to work better together. There are chocolate brown curtains, brown vintage suitcases, and a black piano. A lot of the furniture is second hand. I am finding it hard to match all the bits and pieces, especially with the burgundy red/grey/black/peach rug. What should I remove/add from this room? Should I paint the wall above the fireplace? Should I replace the rug? Replace the large sofa? (We are planning to replace it anyway as it is very old) - if so, what colour??? Move the blue & white armchair to a different room? Put slipcovers on the armchairs? I am going for a retro/vintage/cosy look in this room, hence the vintage suitcases, floor lamp and old books! Any suggestions greatly appreciated..... thanks :) :)
rinqreation
A dark petrol/navy wall might look nice. Or vintage blue walls like the suitcase. You could install a chair rail if a full dark wall is just a little too much (and what about an offwhite chair rail&molding with a pale beige below and a rich burgundy/navy on top?)
When looking for a new sofa, I'd say either teal/denim tweed, medium brown leather or a rough linen look. A slightly darker coffee table would be nice (stain?).
You could keep the rug for it's warmth (both color and material), but a neutral would most certainly look good too.
Some inspiration (I think that first one is cute):
Fair Winds Farm
Atherton, California Estate by Markay Johnson Construction
Haverford Gatehouse Renovation
Downtown LA
Town and Country
East-meets-west in San Francisco's Russian Hill
Southampton Residence
Family Room
April 30, 2014 at 2:22am   
I need help with my Bedroom colour scheme
Hi All, I am currently re designing our Bedroom and...
I need help with my living room colour scheme
I am doing a full rebuild to our old hardwood house...
Help with my bedroom! Colour Scheme
Hi! I have a apartment where I stay during the university....
Desperately needing a focal point
The furniture that I thought I'd lost a shot at reappeared...
Are pendent lights going out of style?
Redoing my kitchen and someone told me pendent lights...
Which color scheme?
Which color scheme and accessories do you like best...
Need help selecting wall to wall carpet for my living room!
Carpet needs to be replaced! Already 10 years old &...
Hanging Pictures
What is the best height for hanging pictures with 9...