Small room!!

MrsbagladyApril 30, 2014
Any ideas on what to put on these walls and what type of window treatment? It's my daughters room she is 13 going on 30.. And I want to please her but at the same time keep things elegant!! And ideas? Excuse the mess as I tried to hang that chandelier alone and it was not successful!!
Mrsbaglady
I get a shabby chic vibe at this moment and the bedding is all white on white...
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 7:36AM
Joanna Zygo
Some nice violet shades. White-grey-violet would match the style of the furniture.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 7:39AM
Mrsbaglady
Love that idea!! Thank you... So like a Román shade?
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 7:42AM
Christine
I think the color of the room is too austere for a young teen. The bed and dresser are great transitional pieces but you may benefit from a more youthful boost in wall color (pale lilac maybe), pattern brought in through the bedding and chair (there will be a chair won't they) fabric, a little bling in the form of your crystal chandelier a vibrant area rug that works with the nail heads on the bed and does not fight it and youthful artwork. Also trick out a quite study area and maybe a valance over the window and swag curtains with the roll down shades. Solid start just turn the colors up a bit and you should be fine.
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 7:49AM
Marjie MacLaren DESIGN
Take your daughter to a wallpaper store. She can really make the room her own with a hot current style. Use the paper above the chair rail I see in the picture, and paint the area below in one of the colors from the paper. If the paper comes with matching fabric, use it on the windows to unify the look.
3 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 7:54AM
Mrsbaglady
oh no I just painted (thought I was going to faint) lol
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 7:54AM
Warner Decor
Hi! I agree, white, gray, and violet would be a nice classy color combo. Here are a few accent items that may work for you:

http://deciture.com/mailie-purple-crochet-pillow/ (love this)

http://deciture.com/karlin-purple-glass-bottles-set-of-3/

http://deciture.com/alexa-large-ceramic-vase/

Hope this helps you!
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 7:56AM
mfwolfe
A 13 year old really needs to make her own statement, so I agree with Marjie. Not necessarily a wallpaper store since that stuff is a pain going up and a pain coming down, but certainly she should be able to choose her paint color and bedding. Be prepared for purple or black. Its OK. You can paint over it when she goes to college.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 7:59AM
Mrsbaglady
WOW!!! Warner Decor I love those accents......Thank you
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 8:00AM
Mrsbaglady
She picked this color on the walls and wanted to add tiffany blue to the mix? I am gona tell her about the violet..
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 8:01AM
Mrsbaglady
The pics make walls look darker.. look at the last pic for the best interpretation of the color.. I had a purple grey before and she didn't love it.. I don't think she even knows what she wants so at this point I want to give her some ideas.. You all have given me great ideas that I can share with her. As for painting again " I can't" it was a small mission...lol
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 8:07AM
Joanna Zygo
I couldn't find the pictures I wanted to share of white-grey-violet combination, server is busy. I came up with some accessories from Ikea to give an example. I think violet is elegant and also feminine color and it comes in different shades.
1 Like    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 8:17AM
Mrsbaglady
love it!!!!
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 8:21AM
Joanna Zygo
For the window, a curtain rail and some curtains would add coziness and create atmosphere. Found this on Ikea website: rails which are double or triple meaning adding layers to filter light: white curtains which let the light in and thicker ones to make the room dark for the night.
It is not difficult to do-it-yourself.
Roman blinds are also a solution but the idea of layers of curtains (2 is enough) means more options.
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 8:32AM
Warner Decor
No Problem! Let me know if you need additional suggestions ! You can also register on the site to create a wish list :)
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 8:36AM
Joanna Zygo
Bed linen is a great way to add color and pattern which is indeed needed and it is the cheapest/easiest option. Small accessories like candles, small art etc. A MIRROR...
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 8:44AM
Chandani
I like the idea of the tiffany blue/light teal. It is a nice departure from the usual pink and purple for girls. I think the wall colour can work. You can add colour and texture to make it more fun (by the way, I took the same Ikea mirror as above and spray painted it. It looks great in my daughter's room!). Here are some pics for inspiration:
Kids Bedroom Modern style · More Info

http://knightmovesblog.blogspot.ca/2011/04/stella-dallas.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+KnightMoves+(Knight+Moves)
http://www.pinterest.com/designseedslove/a-door-hues/
http://design-seeds.com/index.php/home/entry/weathered-hues1
2 Likes    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 8:59AM
Mrsbaglady
Hello!!! That's amazing Chandani!!
1 Like    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 9:12AM
Joanna Zygo
I like it too…a fan of Design Seeds myself, they have wonderful color combinations...
    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 11:07AM
Joanna Zygo
Also from Design Seeds:
(but everyone has their favorite color/colors so I guess there are lot of options there and everything is matching with white furniture)
    Bookmark   April 30, 2014 at 11:13AM
rainymorning
If she picked the wall color I'd keep it. It looks nice with the white furniture. If she wants blue accents that would work too. Let her be the director. Allow her to be creative. We're not talking House Beautiful here. It's not perfection you want but an experience for her to create her own little nest.
1 Like    Bookmark   Thanked by Mrsbaglady    April 30, 2014 at 11:51AM
small rooms
decorating
Sandra Riley
Help with furniture in a small room
I would love to have a loves eat in this TV room but...
mayma
Can this work for a small room?
I have a red leather sofa and just got two camel oversized...
Jenn Benn
Small Room to be used as Teens Study Room
The floors in my study room are brazilian cherry -...
afsafs
Taking a pole. Paint banister white, black, or leave blond????
I have a feeling I am going to hear every possible...
coby0042
An Unfinished Living Room
A while back we purchased a sofa, two chairs and ottoman...
andoverlakes
hard to remove wallpaper
We remodeled our old farmhouse in the 1980s. At that...
jmschiferl
What goes with this chair?
I need help figuring out what to out with my new chair!...
wapusk99
need help with the color of main floor.
Our house is very small need a color for the downstairs...
Tammy Peterson-Bain