Granite
dexterdoo
March 4, 2012 in Photo Questions
okay,I cant take the suspense,what's the granite ????
ncouzens
i am pretty sure that's kosmos granite. its gorgeous - also comes in metallic shades of grey, just stunning. but it is soft and might scratch pretty easily - we nixed it for the kitchen after a key, knife, even just a heavily banged pot all nicked and scratched the granite. also the edge here is not always avail with kosmos, some fabricators avoid more elaborate edges like ogee, etc because the kosmos granite has a risk of crumbling when they cut it. i was once in a granite yard and they had 7 -10 slabs of crumbled kosmos piled up, it just fell apart in transit. but it is gorgeous...
April 29, 2012 at 6:47am   
Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
Sorry it's taken so long to answer your question about the countertops. Neither surface in this kitchen is granite; the island is Jerusalem Limestone as Donna pointed out, and the cooking area that you are looking at in this photo is Emporador Dark Marble, Polished, with a 2.25" double ogee edge detail. They both look beautiful, it's true, but as I've mentioned in other replies on this subject, please talk to your stone fabricators about the challenges of marble countertops before deciding on surfaces such as these.
September 28, 2012 at 7:05pm   
Help design my country/vintage/modern idk what it is kitchen!
Okay, here is my kitchen. Just had the granite installed...
Formal Dining Room Redesign
I have redesigned my formal dining room and wondered...
Cost effective soffit material?
Cost effective solutions for a soffit on a modern home?...
Need to update living room
The room was done over 12 yrs ago and I think it looks...
Need help with master bath design/layout
Master bath is 18' 8" x 10' 4" if I take one of the...