Need help finding a dark coordinating color
jtyrakoski
I just painted my dining room Wool Skein- Sherwin-Williams. The ceiling is currently painted dark purple (previous owner) as I am wanting to paint it a dark color, maybe in the blue family however am needing help finding a color that will coordinate. I have crown molding that is painted white. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
bluenan
Are you using any colors throughout your main areas that can relate back to the dining room? Is there a rug or china used in the room for inspiration?
0 Likes   May 2, 2014 at 8:22AM
Patricia Colwell
Why not just go with the darker color from the same pallette.
0 Likes   May 2, 2014 at 8:22AM
Armoires Cuisines Action
You should go with a dark neutral color like charcoal, brown or even black. Then you will be able to accessorize in any color should you get tired of your currect accessory palette. If you choose to go with a black ceiling, we recommend changing the light fixture to a more modern one...but of course, it might not go with your furniture
0 Likes   May 2, 2014 at 8:25AM
jtyrakoski
Starting over with decorations and new rug so no color to go off of. Finishing painting then going shopping! Darkest color from same palette is not a brown I like. Coordinating room has color 2 shades darker, universal khaki which I guess I could use that. I like the idea of more a charcoal color. Do you have a name of a color that you could recommend. Eventually fixture will be replaced but not at this time.
0 Likes   May 2, 2014 at 8:53AM
bluenan
I love the idea of a navy, kind of like a night sky. When you use the dining room at night it will have a beautiful look with the lighted chandelier.
1 Like   May 2, 2014 at 10:03AM
collettec
I would consider painting the molding that is now white the darker color in the same family as the wall color. I think either a charcoal or navy for the ceiling color would work well with that.
0 Likes   May 2, 2014 at 10:21AM
jtyrakoski
Thank you for all your comments and ideas
0 Likes   May 3, 2014 at 6:16AM
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Hi there - I actually would NOT paint that top part of the ceiling in anything other than the wall or trim/ceiling colour. It's the chandelier that should be the focal point to me not one little point in the ceiling. Regarding some good grey/charcoal paint colours - I love Wall Street (paint swatch posted) and Revere Pewter (used in dining room posted). Both from Benjamin Moore. Good luck from Montreal!
0 Likes   May 3, 2014 at 6:31AM
sbutter59
Need help finding color for bannister need dark brown/black?
Have a traditional home with med oak bannister and...
twigss
Need help finding a coordinating shower floor tile!
My shower is 30"x60" (was formerly a tub/shower combo)...
asdflkjad
Need help finding a coordinating sideboard for our dining table
Over the weekend we purchased a dining table for our...
Stephanie C
annstanley
Suggested paint color for attic studio
Converting a large attic into a art studio and could...
eca1
Best thing to happen at home in 2014?
Our homes are where our lives unfold. What was the...
Need help with flooring over particle board
We took up the carpet in our guest bedroom today and...
Lori Kubinski Johnson
Benjamin Moore Gray Owl Light Blue?
I'm having trouble getting a consistent color using...
keako
Dysfunctional family room
This community was so helpful with my pantry dilemma...
Laurie