Need help finding a dark coordinating color
jtyrakoski
I just painted my dining room Wool Skein- Sherwin-Williams. The ceiling is currently painted dark purple (previous owner) as I am wanting to paint it a dark color, maybe in the blue family however am needing help finding a color that will coordinate. I have crown molding that is painted white. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
bluenan
Are you using any colors throughout your main areas that can relate back to the dining room? Is there a rug or china used in the room for inspiration?
May 2, 2014 at 8:22AM   
Patricia Colwell
Why not just go with the darker color from the same pallette.
May 2, 2014 at 8:22AM   
Armoires Cuisines Action
You should go with a dark neutral color like charcoal, brown or even black. Then you will be able to accessorize in any color should you get tired of your currect accessory palette. If you choose to go with a black ceiling, we recommend changing the light fixture to a more modern one...but of course, it might not go with your furniture
May 2, 2014 at 8:25AM   
jtyrakoski
Starting over with decorations and new rug so no color to go off of. Finishing painting then going shopping! Darkest color from same palette is not a brown I like. Coordinating room has color 2 shades darker, universal khaki which I guess I could use that. I like the idea of more a charcoal color. Do you have a name of a color that you could recommend. Eventually fixture will be replaced but not at this time.
May 2, 2014 at 8:53AM   
bluenan
I love the idea of a navy, kind of like a night sky. When you use the dining room at night it will have a beautiful look with the lighted chandelier.
May 2, 2014 at 10:03AM     
collettec
I would consider painting the molding that is now white the darker color in the same family as the wall color. I think either a charcoal or navy for the ceiling color would work well with that.
May 2, 2014 at 10:21AM   
jtyrakoski
Thank you for all your comments and ideas
May 3, 2014 at 6:16AM   
Rebecca Mitchell Interiors & Boutique
Hi there - I actually would NOT paint that top part of the ceiling in anything other than the wall or trim/ceiling colour. It's the chandelier that should be the focal point to me not one little point in the ceiling. Regarding some good grey/charcoal paint colours - I love Wall Street (paint swatch posted) and Revere Pewter (used in dining room posted). Both from Benjamin Moore. Good luck from Montreal!
May 3, 2014 at 6:31AM   
Need help finding color for bannister need dark brown/black?
Have a traditional home with med oak bannister and...
Need help finding a coordinating shower floor tile!
My shower is 30"x60" (was formerly a tub/shower combo)...
Need help finding a coordinating sideboard for our dining table
Over the weekend we purchased a dining table for our...
New home landscaping
Help with new home landscaping. The home is located...
Need help with space over fridge
15 inch gap between wine rack and refrigerator. Any...
Need Help with my SMALL Kitchen!
My husband and I just bought this home and love it...
kitchen wood compatibility
I am renovating my kitchen. I like the classic look;...
Help! I made a BIG mistake!
Hi, Since purchasing my new leather couch, I now have...