Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decorgirly

Laundry room storage

decorgirly
9 years ago
Have you ever had a laundry room that also serves as an extra pantry? How did you maximize your space?
please post pictures!!!
Newport Beach Custom Home · More Info

Comments (11)

• Patricia Phelps
    9 years ago
    I think it is impossible to beat the look of laundry room shown.
  • decorgirly
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    but that's not mine and it can never be because mine is about half the size of it!
  • Patricia Phelps
    9 years ago
    My laundry room is a dual room. But the main thing I like is the folding counter top to the left of the dryer, about six ft long. It's also the height where I can slide upright laundry baskets under. They are hidden from sight as well as frees up the floor.
    I also have a rod pole hanging over both appliances to drip dry or at least once I get the clothes on a hanger I have a place to hang the clothes. Good tip, I gave each person in the house their own colour hangers. That way if I hung them I only had to look at it once to see who it was and then the persons clothes went in their room.
    I have a laundry chute, but stopped using it because there was an unsightly box at the bottom and then everyone had to fish their clothes out to separate to wash their own clothes.
    There is a sink for washing up really dirty hands, filling a bucket to wash cars, draw water into a separate tub for soaking dirty clothes.
    We store our batteries, flash lights, candles, light bulbs, vacuum bags, cleaning supplies in cabinets over the sink area. The drawers are used for gloves, odd socks, some household tools. A larger cabinet I use to store clean rugs for my downstairs, paper goods,
    The one thing I wish I could put in there is a broom/ mop closet. I hang them on the back of the laundry room door. Also a cabinet with shelves for boots and sneakers. Well maybe next house.
  • User
    9 years ago
    If the laundry looks like that, what does the rest of the house look like? Clearly someone with "help."
  • Patricia Phelps
    9 years ago
    I can post pictures after I clean up my laundry room.
  • Patricia Phelps
    9 years ago
    Maybe a little late with the pictures. Still not very neat in the laundry room right now. Lots goes on in there.
    decorgirly thanked Patricia Phelps
  • decorgirly
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    thanks for the comments! my problem is that for the time being I have a front loader dryer, a top loader washing and a dryer on top of that so I can't put storage or hanging on top of them!
  • PRO
    Springs Construction Company
    9 years ago
    Having laundry in the room next to the kitchen is really a great set-up. So it acts as butlers pantry during parties. Have a Corian top cut to go across the tops of the washer and dryer. This gives you folding & sorting space as well as party set up counter. Galley style so opposite the washer dryer is also a double drawer bank and counter top. Drawers handle extra dishes and food storage, while upper house soap, softeners etc. No hanging space is a plus and minus. One pull out rod in the pantry. So literally after coming out of the dryer - clothes go to their respective closets. Photos to follow.
  • decorgirly
    Original Author
    9 years ago
    I wish I could! unfortunately my kitchens on one floor my laundry rooms on another and the bedrooms are on yet another!
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    9 years ago
    The sample picture you have is amazing, it looks like a great laundry room with a big pantry.
    Congratulations.

J Design Group, Modern Interior Design Firm in Miami, Florida. http://www.JDesignGroup.com
Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES