What do you think? Improvement?
kitcat116
Hi again, just wanted to ask a quick question and see what you would say about the positioning of the bed, do you prefer under window on on longest wall? Personally I like it both ways, also when positioned under the window, on the left side of the bed there is a plain wall, I have three white corner shelves and was thinking of placing them there if I keep the bed placement the same, what do you think? Thank you for any comments and sorry that there is only a slight change, really haven't had time to do it get but in case your intrested I've been looking at colours of paint and wallpaper and also building up the courage to ask my mother, so hopefully I will be changing the bedroom more soon!
sunnydrew
leave it on the wall next to the window.
May 3, 2014 at 3:43am        Thanked by kitcat116
carrieii
Apparently its not good feng shui to put a bed head against a window.. but I could be wrong. I like it against the wall anyway :)
May 3, 2014 at 3:48am        Thanked by kitcat116
rainymorning
Against the wall is better. Do you have enough room to get in there and make the bed?
May 3, 2014 at 4:34am        Thanked by kitcat116
CDR Design
Headboard on the wall.
May 3, 2014 at 4:41am        Thanked by kitcat116
CDR Design
Are you wanting to change the colors of your walls? When you own your own home, you can do what you want with the wall, but for now, you will need to live within the scope set by your Mom, since she is the owner and she will have to live with the consequences.

Can you tell us about what your wishes are for the walls and what hers are?
May 3, 2014 at 6:34am      Thanked by kitcat116
Laura Fore Myers
Against the wall
May 3, 2014 at 7:06am      Thanked by kitcat116
kitcat116
CDR Design, my mom, as far as I know doesn't mind, however the only problem with persuading her is that we have decorated my bedroom just a year ago, and considering I am really picky and re decorate my bedroom a lot I'm not sure what she will say, and what my wishes are, I would really like plain light blue walls :)
May 3, 2014 at 9:44am   
CDR Design
Well, a lesson learned. Did you paper your room a year ago? If so, this is a lesson in spending money wisely on decor.

Wallpaper has its place, but it is $ and time to hang it. So, it really depends on you and your Moms' budget and tolerance to redecorate. So, you want blue walls and that will cost money and time to change. How do you know that next year you won't want green walls? Also, how does blue walls fit in with your pink bedding?

Just showing you examples.

So, here is what I recommend:

Figure out how much time and or $ it will cost to remove the wallpaper and paint the walls. Then, I would plan on painting the walls a neutral color.

You can always change out accents if you want to change the color scheme and that doesn't cost much. Target and other places has removable wallpaper that you could use for one accent wall.

Tell your Mom of your plan and commit to paying for future design changes yourself or you and she can agree on an annual budget for any design changes to your room.

She will be very impressed at your new-found frugalness and wise money planning.
May 3, 2014 at 10:18am        Thanked by kitcat116
Christine
First. Against the Wall
Second: I love the cabbage rose wall paper.
Third: Tone down the floral bedspread.
Fourth: Swap out the oversize night stand for 2 smaller ones. But if storage is an issue we can discuss
fifth: Move those teeny tiny photos off the wall on to the top of a dress and up the va-va-voom with new picture frames with some sizzle and shine to them.
Sixth. Rethink the curtains. maybe a simple roman shade or balloon shade woud be best.
May 3, 2014 at 11:42am        Thanked by kitcat116
bgfuqua
I like bed in original placement. like the pink bedding.
May 3, 2014 at 12:11pm      Thanked by kitcat116
thiskidd
Hi Kitcat116, I like what you have done so far, I like the bed both ways, but think I prefer the bed on the wall so you can look out the window while in bed. I would use earth-tones, teals/blue in the floral wall, grays, and warm beiges/creams colors for bedding and paint.

Bright whites will probably make the wall paper look dingy and aged, because of the papers cream background and muted tones. To understand what I mean about white against the wall paper try draping a solid white bed sheet/blanket next to it so you can see the white against it the wall paper.

The floral bedding competes with floral paper, because of their colors not being the same and patterns are too much the same. If you add a solid blanket and shams with it, you could get them working together. see some ideas below.

You could always do touches of bright color like yellow, orange, or red with floor rugs and throw pillows to tie it all together and add splashes of color for interest.
May 4, 2014 at 3:06am      Thanked by kitcat116
CDR Design
Here are some examples of light colored bedrooms with light plain bed linens. The light colors make the room seem larger. Also, you can see how these rooms could, with not much $ and time be changed out to a totally different color next year.

[houzz=Rough Hollow Parade Home 2010://www.houzz.com/photos/2394560/Newport-Island-traditional-bedroom-orange-county[houzz=Passive House Retreat]
May 4, 2014 at 4:18am      Thanked by kitcat116
i need help to design my exterior
I want a greek look for my exterior i took the audacity...
Help decorate my new home!
I really like the country/little rustic/chic style....
Laundry Renovation - What would you do?
Our next most likely project is the laundry renovation....
Need help with curb appeal with side entrance
Need help and/or ideas for improving curb appeal and...
What topics would you like to see more of?
Now that the shiny new Houzz UK has launched, we want...