What do you think? Improvement?
kitcat116
Hi again, just wanted to ask a quick question and see what you would say about the positioning of the bed, do you prefer under window on on longest wall? Personally I like it both ways, also when positioned under the window, on the left side of the bed there is a plain wall, I have three white corner shelves and was thinking of placing them there if I keep the bed placement the same, what do you think? Thank you for any comments and sorry that there is only a slight change, really haven't had time to do it get but in case your intrested I've been looking at colours of paint and wallpaper and also building up the courage to ask my mother, so hopefully I will be changing the bedroom more soon!
sunnydrew
leave it on the wall next to the window.
2 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 3:43AM
carrieii
Apparently its not good feng shui to put a bed head against a window.. but I could be wrong. I like it against the wall anyway :)
1 Like   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 3:48AM
rainymorning
Against the wall is better. Do you have enough room to get in there and make the bed?
2 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 4:34AM
CDR Design
Headboard on the wall.
3 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 4:41AM
CDR Design
Are you wanting to change the colors of your walls? When you own your own home, you can do what you want with the wall, but for now, you will need to live within the scope set by your Mom, since she is the owner and she will have to live with the consequences.

Can you tell us about what your wishes are for the walls and what hers are?
0 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 6:34AM
Laura Fore Myers
Against the wall
0 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 7:06AM
kitcat116
CDR Design, my mom, as far as I know doesn't mind, however the only problem with persuading her is that we have decorated my bedroom just a year ago, and considering I am really picky and re decorate my bedroom a lot I'm not sure what she will say, and what my wishes are, I would really like plain light blue walls :)
0 Likes   May 3, 2014 at 9:44AM
CDR Design
Well, a lesson learned. Did you paper your room a year ago? If so, this is a lesson in spending money wisely on decor.

Wallpaper has its place, but it is $ and time to hang it. So, it really depends on you and your Moms' budget and tolerance to redecorate. So, you want blue walls and that will cost money and time to change. How do you know that next year you won't want green walls? Also, how does blue walls fit in with your pink bedding?

Just showing you examples.

So, here is what I recommend:

Figure out how much time and or $ it will cost to remove the wallpaper and paint the walls. Then, I would plan on painting the walls a neutral color.

You can always change out accents if you want to change the color scheme and that doesn't cost much. Target and other places has removable wallpaper that you could use for one accent wall.

Tell your Mom of your plan and commit to paying for future design changes yourself or you and she can agree on an annual budget for any design changes to your room.

She will be very impressed at your new-found frugalness and wise money planning.
1 Like   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 10:18AM
Christine
First. Against the Wall
Second: I love the cabbage rose wall paper.
Third: Tone down the floral bedspread.
Fourth: Swap out the oversize night stand for 2 smaller ones. But if storage is an issue we can discuss
fifth: Move those teeny tiny photos off the wall on to the top of a dress and up the va-va-voom with new picture frames with some sizzle and shine to them.
Sixth. Rethink the curtains. maybe a simple roman shade or balloon shade woud be best.
1 Like   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 11:42AM
bgfuqua
I like bed in original placement. like the pink bedding.
0 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 3, 2014 at 12:11PM
thiskidd
Hi Kitcat116, I like what you have done so far, I like the bed both ways, but think I prefer the bed on the wall so you can look out the window while in bed. I would use earth-tones, teals/blue in the floral wall, grays, and warm beiges/creams colors for bedding and paint.

Bright whites will probably make the wall paper look dingy and aged, because of the papers cream background and muted tones. To understand what I mean about white against the wall paper try draping a solid white bed sheet/blanket next to it so you can see the white against it the wall paper.

The floral bedding competes with floral paper, because of their colors not being the same and patterns are too much the same. If you add a solid blanket and shams with it, you could get them working together. see some ideas below.

You could always do touches of bright color like yellow, orange, or red with floor rugs and throw pillows to tie it all together and add splashes of color for interest.
0 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 4, 2014 at 3:06AM
CDR Design
Here are some examples of light colored bedrooms with light plain bed linens. The light colors make the room seem larger. Also, you can see how these rooms could, with not much $ and time be changed out to a totally different color next year.

[houzz=Rough Hollow Parade Home 2010://www.houzz.com/photos/2394560/Newport-Island-traditional-bedroom-orange-county[houzz=Passive House Retreat]
0 Likes   Thanked by kitcat116    May 4, 2014 at 4:18AM
Which do you like better? Also, what could I do to improve this area?
To the left of this area is our sectional and the back...
Christy Bell
What do you all think of this lamp? Worth 65$? I can't stop thinking about it!
My style is traditional but I think this really would...
hevs
What would you do to improve facade of this drab house?
The front of this house needs a makeover and more dimension...
korinita
Need siding & paint colour change
Need a new colour for siding and paint colour. We seem...
aliheeringa
guys bedroom
looking to redo sons bedroom. in his 20's need a nice...
myboysrule
rredpenn
hickory wood floors or oak wood floors
Hi I am building a house and the standard is 3 in...
kerrykohrs
Kitchen cabinets
Lake cottage wondering if I should paint or leave cabinets...
dgulick