Cabinets style and color
VANGUARD development
Here's another good example of our interior design approach.

Even when a small decision needed (just to choose the best color / profile of the cabinets), it is so much easier, more objective and more convenient for the client...

Which one would you choose btw? :)
GoodHouse Flooring LLC
Definitely white
May 3, 2014 at 10:17am        Thanked by VANGUARD development
White or wood would be ideal.
May 3, 2014 at 11:25am        Thanked by VANGUARD development
Barbara Griffith Designs
I would do cabinets that look like the wood flooring. Or..painted the color of the lower wall color. It should blend in and not "look like an orphan".
May 3, 2014 at 11:31am        Thanked by VANGUARD development
adivra
All are fine, but what I'm not getting are the open shelves in that particular location. Seems awkward.
May 3, 2014 at 11:53am        Thanked by VANGUARD development
VANGUARD development
Every project has a client, and every client has a project brief.

This one was about creating a multifunctional space - an art gallery, a yoga studio, a synagogue. Particularly, it said the following:

A small retail / storage area next to the reception table used to store yoga mats / bricks, as well as for keeping drinking water, placing coffee machine, etc. A small built-in fridge. A sink so that people can wash their hands and fill up water bottles, etc.

And this is what we had to follow...
May 3, 2014 at 7:49pm   
VANGUARD development
Also being a budget sensitive project, we were somehow limited in using custom made items and had to go with standard items, particularly cabinets and fronts from Ikea.
May 3, 2014 at 7:53pm   
VANGUARD development
Having another built-in cabinet in the main area hopefully makes the entry area cabinets feel more coherent and look less like an orphan :)
May 3, 2014 at 7:56pm   
Barbara Griffith Designs
I still think I would keep the color of the lower section of the wall color. These 3 new ones do not help. The problem is they all have no relation to the room..they are still orphans just twins...Now do a mockup of them painted the color of the wainscot color..then you decide.
May 4, 2014 at 7:56am   
VANGUARD development
Like I said earlier, being a budget sensitive project, we were somehow limited in using custom made items and had to go with standard items, particularly cabinets and fronts (profiles, colors) from Ikea.

My personal preference is white btw, as it does blend with the color palette better than others, but the client chose red... What can I say, every client's taste is different and unique, and we are here to make them happy...
May 4, 2014 at 7:14pm   
Barbara Griffith Designs
I still think the white is too bright...what about one of Ikea's wood look cabinets, at least it would look like a piece of furniture and not so obtrusive. What about Ikea Akrum cabinet line in "Adel Med. Brown" color...take a look.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29812758/
May 5, 2014 at 7:55am        Thanked by VANGUARD development
bobitsa
As you mentioned I think using the wall colour will be better, I noticed that u got 2 colours for the wall, beige and grey, you can use beige for the small cabinet and grey for the built-in one.
Another suggestion is that you use the colours of the desks
May 5, 2014 at 9:44am        Thanked by VANGUARD development
VANGUARD development
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S29812758/ is option #3 btw. The actual color it a bit darker, but also a bit lighter than Ikea shows it. So somewhere in between. It also gives an idea of how it will look like, if you use the colors of the desk.

Generally speaking, we can't deny any of your suggestions. Every idea has a right to exist. I wouldn't blend the furniture with the wall entirely, for example - furniture should stand out usually (as I believe), while the wall is usually a 'canvas', so to speak.

Whose idea is better? Well, this is very subjective. The client chose red, for example. Can we blame him for that?

;)
May 5, 2014 at 7:06pm     
Barbara Griffith Designs
Actually yes, but bottom line it is the clients choice. It looks like a great project.
May 5, 2014 at 7:17pm        Thanked by VANGUARD development
bobitsa
As Barbara points we can't deny the client idea, I guess the client wants Chinese or Indian red with golden knobs to give an eastern feeling, if that is the case you may consider to get red desks as well, red mirror frame white or beige countertop for the small cabinet, those art pictures should follow the theme.
May 5, 2014 at 8:01pm        Thanked by VANGUARD development
Israel Dudley
Very nice to see the progression here, wonderful project !!!
May 13, 2014 at 8:59pm        Thanked by VANGUARD development
VANGUARD development
Thank you so much :)
May 13, 2014 at 9:24pm   
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
Any downside to succulents on a verandah?
What has been your experience in planting succulents?...
I need help with bedroom art
So although I thought I was totally done decorating...
Mid-Century ranch needs some curb appeal
Just replaced the roof on our mid-century California-style...
Pros and Cons - Apartments vs. Houses
Have you lived in both an apartment and a house? What...