Need help for choosing the right rug
amarilis1
I'm not sure what rug goes better in our living room (instead of the green one) . The Neutrals Chevron or the Vibrant Chevron? Or should I keep the green one (it seems to me a little bit too boring).
Rina
Oh dear, sorry, neither, I'm afraid. The neutrals are a bit "off" in the palette for the room, and the vibrant one is overwhelming. Another point is that though I like the green, I think you need a bigger rug and to place it in the seating area, not floating out there on the floor -- which is attractive, so you can happily leave that area uncovered. But if you twisted my arm, I get it that the green's a bit boring so I'd go for the neutral chevron. But I'd grumble. :-)
May 5, 2014 at 8:53AM        Thanked by amarilis1
Midas Craft
Dont worry Dear , you just check out new designs in my site if you like it just use that one
www.yanx.com
and you can also design your carpet according to your room requirements
in my www.wholesalecarpet.org
May 5, 2014 at 9:06AM   
amarilis1
Dear Rina, thank you so much for your kind comment. I'm not eager to buy one of those rugs; I'm just trying to find the happy formula for our living room for a fresh, dynamic and cosy look as well. Green is OK - I like it - but I'm looking for a color / color combination to bring all together (sofa, furniture, light green wall). At this moment I'm not sure what is OK and what has to be improved/changed. I simply have that feeling that the overall look is missing something, somehow - and it is not only about the needed rug.
May 5, 2014 at 11:24AM   
Rina
Hi again. Okay, this sketch below is just a start. If you put a bigger rug in the same green (I do love green) in your seating area, and changed the colour of your lampshade, I think you could be at the start of a new feeling for the room -- i.e. if you make more use of the gold that I have used for the lampshade. The warmth of it, I think, makes a big difference. What do you think? Actually, I may be mis-measuring the size of the rug. It may be big enough to be used as in this rather rough drawing? Would you try it?
May 5, 2014 at 12:14PM        Thanked by amarilis1
Rina
Curtains in a light gold colour?
May 5, 2014 at 12:15PM   
amarilis1
What a difference in such a small detail! Indeed, the gold color of the lampshade changes the whole perspective. The size of the rug fits exactly the arrangement from your drawing. And, lucky me, I have a light gold curtain - maybe not the right tone, but at least I'll get the image. I'll try them as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your time and ideas!
May 5, 2014 at 1:28PM   
Rina
Such a pleasure! Fantastic that the rug fits! I'm off to bed, I hope you pick up more comments on your thread. So good that you have a gold curtain to try. Good night, sleep well when you get there.
May 5, 2014 at 2:05PM   
Rina
That was supposed to be "hope you" not "hope to" ... I've corrected it. :-{
May 5, 2014 at 10:01PM   
carpetlady1
You can sure use green in your rug if you like stripes a few company's make small a little softer color pallet and you can order any size for little money , there are many pattern carpets all kinds of patterns and prices. Also Shaw has great prices right now they are getting out of the area rug business. Best of luck looking !
May 5, 2014 at 10:20PM   
amarilis1
Dear Rina, in the country I live, a new day started. And, you know, the morning light gives an optimistic approach. I'm gonna make the updates and when everything is ready (really ever?), I come back with new photos. In the meanwhile, I keep an eye on your blog :-)). Have a good time!
May 5, 2014 at 11:03PM   
amarilis1
Thank you, Carpetlady1, for the information regarding Shaw which I didn't know. I'll visit their site to get an idea. Have a nice day!
May 5, 2014 at 11:08PM   
Rina
Me? Don't have a blog ... my home page? Me too, a new day has started here, but it's quite grey and cloudy and chilly. I want my beautiful autumn weather back. Looking forward to new photos.
May 5, 2014 at 11:29PM   
amarilis1
Right; it isn't not a blog - my mistake. Grey, cloudy and chilly - just the same; hoping for fresh, sunny, lively spring to summer mornings. All the best!
May 6, 2014 at 12:35AM   
Rina
;-)
May 6, 2014 at 1:00AM   
Need Help choosing the right rug
Hi, I can't find the perfect rug to go with this picture....
Need help choosing the right rug to lighten up my living room
I am looking to purchase a rug and maybe some throw...
Need help with choosing the right rug!
I'm not good at taking pictures,but I guess the colors...
Sisal or Synthetic Rug & how to choose the right accent chair, Help!?
We have a grey sofa and two chocolate leather arm chairs....
Any suggestions for finishing my kitchen/living room
Hi all! I have been working on my kitchen for a while...
vanity mirrors above double sink and a window in between them
I want to redo my master bath this would include doing...
Please help me with my lighting!
I know, duplicate post, but forgot to add pics and...
Have you used Ikea cabinets in your kitchen?
I am smack dab in the middle of a kitchen remodel and...
Help!!! Biscuit or white fixtures in bathrooms.
Is using biscuit out. Should I stick with white? ...