need help furnishing living room
Nikkol Marra
May 5, 2014
renting a house with green walls, dark brown room trim, brown pannelling, but white trim on baseboards and around windows and doors, light brown hardwood. help! need curtain ideas and furniture
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Rina
Hi Nikkol. It's very hard to say much that's useful without seeing the rooms and, for example, the colour on the walls, but here's a picture: dark brown, light brown, white and green -- a beige sofa would be a good way to tie all that together. This one is from http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Sofas-Loveseats/Beige,/color,/2027/subcat.html. Your curtains could be patterned, tying in the various browns/beige/white with the green. I like the idea of using soft apricot colours for accent pieces with that.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 8:40AM
Nikkol Marra
Here are some pics of the colors, and the curtains will be changed! Need advice for those as well! Not sure if I should stick to dark brown furniture too and how many pieces! Were on a budget but currently have no furniture just moved so were really just stuck!
    Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 9:17AM
Rina
Hi again. Been doing some shopping on your behalf, below. I still like the idea of a beige sofa. I think you can more or less ignore the green and just let it be background, except perhaps for a couple of small items. Concentrate on using neutrals with an accent colour. Light curtains. Yes, dark furniture, but about the colour of the table below -- which tones well with both the panelling and the floor -- as I suspect espresso would look too dark and depressing. I'm afraid I don't have a source for the table which I found, uncredited, on a blog -- and even forgot to pick up the blog address. Oops.

(What has me puzzled is what looks like a blue stripe above the white on the panelling. I do hope you can hide it.)

curtain: Ikea
couch: Overstock
apricot cushion: zazzle.com
cream and brown cushions: etsy.com
1 Like    Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 7:47AM
Nikkol Marra
Thank you! The blue stripe is actually tape from painting it was just not pulled off yet in the picture!! Yes I was looking at dark almost back furniture and was worried it would darken the room to much so beige does sound better!
    Bookmark   May 6, 2014 at 2:42PM