What type of backsplash?
melonieg
I am having a terrible time deciding on a back splash. I'm leaning towards this mural above stove and subway tiles in an almond color.
Also should we put tile to top of valance above window or just bottom of cupboard?

If subway tile idea- what color grout and pattern

The cupboards are a glazed crime brûlée and the granite is gallo ornamental. The paint color is Pittsburgh 314-3 sand fossil
Greater Toronto Contractors
For the subway tiles, I'd go with a darker colour to create a nice contrasting look and warm atmosphere.
May 5, 2014 at 11:06am     
Somertile
Agreed. A darker color will also go with the stone over the hood, and tie everything together really nicely!
May 5, 2014 at 11:26am     
Gunnar Design
I think that a darker color could add some dimension to the space. It is also an area that you could have fun with to add a splash of color. A patina bronze or a very dark grey could work will. I would not be afraid to go with a bold bark like a red.
May 5, 2014 at 11:27am     
doedoechachacha
OK, I'm not a Pro like these guys, so free to disregard. But I think you should do a light backsplash. I think you already have a lot of elements of dark items around your kitchen (i.e. vent, island, kitchen tables, etc.). I think for a clean French kitchen type of look, I'd go for simple white tiles (your cabinets already have a lot of character); or the quilted type of backsplash; grayish stone. See the links below for some of my thoughts:

Kitchen
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. 1
Charmean Neithart Interiors, LLC. 2
KitchenLab
French Kitchen, french country, kitchens, remodeling, white kitchen
May 5, 2014 at 1:23pm     
Barbara Griffith Designs
Is the stone like shelf vent fan staying above the stove?
May 5, 2014 at 2:27pm   
melonieg
The stone above stove is absolutely staying there. It is the same as the 20' floor to ceiling fireplace in great room adjacent to kitchen.
May 5, 2014 at 2:33pm   
Barbara Griffith Designs
Then I would not add anything elaborate beneath it as it will be too busy and one will detract from the other. I would also confine the backsplash to the bottom of the cabinets. In the area around your window, I would add a patterned fabric, tailored valance, such as a roman shade above the sink, all the way to the ceiling. For a backsplash, I would keep it simple....possibly continue your countertop up as a backsplash.
May 5, 2014 at 2:56pm     
Home office
Is this desk home office friendly? Wot do u think of...
Need help for removing dinning room and kitchen wall ???
My husband is thinking to remove right side wall to...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Best music to play while housekeeping?
I never get more cleaning done than when everyone else...
Back Porch Decor? What do you think?
I am trying to spiff up the back porch and would love...