Where do you keep your shoes?
Jeannie Nguyen
Do you have them on a shelf like the photo? Do they have their own closet? Or are they just piled up at the front door?

Tell us where you store your shoes! If you have photos of your shoe storage, feel free to share it too!

mfwolfe
Yes, they are on a shelf. And the slip ons for outdoors are by the front door. The out of season shoes and boots are in a box on the top shelf. I try really hard to get rid of a pair every time I buy a new pair, but I am very behind on that.
May 5, 2014 at 4:55pm   
jjasper
My amazing husband built closet organizers for me. For my shoes he built four shelves that slide out for easy access, then back to be out of the way. The unit is 2' wide by 2' deep. Depending on the shoes, each shelf holds 6 to 10 pairs. (Because I love shoes, I still have out of season and seldom worn shoes in plastic boxes on the top shelf of my closet.) I love it!
May 5, 2014 at 5:00pm   
bungalowmo
I have boxes for mine stacked up in a bedroom closet. Summer flops & sandals...I might have 2 or 3 pair hanging by the front door. My gardening/mowing sketchers are in the mud room.
May 5, 2014 at 5:03pm   
printesa
We have a closet in the mudroom that has shelves for the shoes and another open shelving unit, still in the mudroom that holds shoes as well (plus some boxes on top). Whatever doesn't fit there, is in the closet, in boxes, under the shelves. I'm lucky that I don't buy many pairs if shoes..just a few and good ones.
May 5, 2014 at 5:07pm   
tiamay
In cubbies in the garage. No shoes in the house :)
May 5, 2014 at 5:37pm   
Chairish
We love the idea of proudly displaying your peep-toes, loafers and pumps, whether in a mudroom, bedroom or closet, given the space.
Below are a bunch of shelving and storage options in a variety of styles. All the items are for sale on our website shop.chairish.com, along with thousands more, where people can score vintage and pre-love furniture and decor at major discounts! Plus, you can make offers on the things you love most and pick up items in your city for free. We hope this inspires you!
XOXO,
Team Chairish
May 5, 2014 at 6:12pm        Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen
kathleen MK
Where ever I kick them off. Under couch, by the door, basket in my closet. Only those pretty and painful pumps really stay in the closet shoe rack.
May 5, 2014 at 7:24pm     
Lola Bug
The blank unused wall in our laundry room (also pass through to the garage) has become a shoe wall, thanks to my wonderfully creative husband! I LOVE it!! Not a great photo but thenwall from ceiling to floor looks like this.
May 5, 2014 at 8:31pm        Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen
Studio M Interior Design
We just redid our closets at home using the Elfa system from the Container Store, which is amazing. All we did was bring in the measurements of our closet and the awesome staff did the rest. Now there's plenty of space for both of our shoes and clothes!
May 6, 2014 at 6:31am   
Cope Closet Concepts
I store mine on an old bookcase so I can see them and make my choices. I would love to have a good show storage system like we have with our closets, but for now, I have this basic bookcase.
May 6, 2014 at 6:35am   
susanb92
And my husband thinks I have a lot of shoes! Go ladies!
May 6, 2014 at 6:53am   
lucindanyc
Nancy - I love this solution! Does it work well for heels or wedges? What is the depth?
May 6, 2014 at 7:02am   
bbkieffer
I have 4 shoes shelves in my closet, plus some floor space, and boxes of off-season shoes on the floor and on the top shelf. I store my tall boots in the basement now that winter is over. My hubby has a shoe shelf in the spare closet. No room for his in our master closet! I love Nancy's shoe storage above!
May 6, 2014 at 7:12am   
SoCal Contractor
SHE stores them in plastic boxes (to keep from dust) in stacks of three in her closet. The container is clear so she can see them and they are also super neatly stored.
May 6, 2014 at 7:19am   
foreverfarm11
right now my shoes are in my car - I get to work and pull the shoes I want off the floor of the car - problem is, my car stinks. I think I would like to get some plastic boxes and keep them in the basement - so I can grab what I want as I walk out the door and not stink up my closet or car
May 6, 2014 at 7:59am   
witch06
I keep them in boxes to prevent dust and sunshine fading. I'm still working on organization, storing them in boxes of the same color and I've put a pîcture in the front in order to find easily. A first row of white boxes is already done and next step will be with pewter boxes. http://relooking-easy.blogspot.fr/2013/05/on-organise-les-shoes.html
May 6, 2014 at 10:42am        Thanked by Jeannie Nguyen
Lola Bug
Lucindan and BBKeiffer, my husband got the inspiration from a picture of something similar. The measurement of the shelves from the wall out is 4 inches. I'll try to get better pictures to post. I don't have very heels but wedges fit no problem.
May 7, 2014 at 10:56pm     
Karin Madgwick
Mine are stored in the boxes that they came in, stacked in my walk in robe.
May 8, 2014 at 4:23am   
How do you keep that area clear of shoe clutter?
I have a very similar layout, but have an oak railing...
Where do you keep your kitchen garbage receptacle?
Even though I have a great free standing bin in my...
Where do you keep the clothes not dirty but that your wear once?
Hi guys, I have This issue with my husband... So in...
where do you keep your toaster and toaster oven
Our house has an open floor plan. The built in desk...
Grey carpet with pink furniture?
We have bought my 5 year old daughter pink furniture...
Jesse's kitchen - what kitchen would look good?
I'd love some ideas for a total kitchen refit, some...
Need a cheap way to update this pink bathroom
I just bought an old home badly in need of updating....
Need a new couch for this living room!
Purchasing a new couch- thinking dark grey microsuede...
Help! What to do with empty spots!!
At the advice of you sweet Houzzers, I ditched my tall...