Need help with our backyard

waterloo481May 6, 2014
We replaced the top of the deck 7 years ago with cedar. Last year when there was evidence of little animals around, my husband enclosed the base. We tore down our shed and put a new one on the other side of the house.
Nothing gets completed because it is overwhelming and we need to hire help. Our deck is a disaster. I would like a seating area with shade, an eating area, an area for the barbecue and some deck privacy. I am open to suggestions but was thinking that a short fence from the corner of the house and around the angle with tall posts might work

There is a very wet spot where the shed was removed, I thought a nice sitting area with a covered overhang and lattice back would give us some privacy. Because the water pools there we were not sure if we should go with a deck base or a patio stone base

Our property line runs from the tall post at the road to the corner behind the tree
pphlelps
I think you are trying to fix too many things at one time. Make a list of ideas for the deck, then hire someone to complete the deck. Next move on to your sitting area idea and hire someone to build it. Last is the fence around the yard.
    Bookmark   Thanked by waterloo481    May 6, 2014 at 6:27PM
Joie de Vivre
Hi,
You can definitely make great use of your garden. As you mentioned in your previous post, you would like to create a seating area. I think you need furniture that you could easily move it to stay in the shade.
For example, the rolling bench could be a great addition.

Please find bellow the link of the website. Let me know what you think about it.
http://www.rollingbenches.com/

Amelie
    Bookmark   Thanked by waterloo481    May 15, 2014 at 9:35AM
Patty Scott
You have so many things to accomplish and a great opportunity, it probably seems overwhelming and so you should hire a landscape architect or at least a landscape design team to come up with a plan and stage the timing of the plan....things to do now,vs later...things you can carry out on hour own, other jobs best hired out. It would be worth the money and not that expensive. My reading of Houzz dilemmas confirms the wisdom of having the expertise and perceptions of the pros on your side before you spend money and time, and just spin your wheels. After all you probably have other thing you have to do with your time. OK, nuff said
    Bookmark   Thanked by waterloo481    May 15, 2014 at 9:54AM
Want to create an Entertaining Patio Space in our bare backyard!
We have a retaining wall right behind our house, while...
Vanessa Wolverton
Our backyard needs help
Because of "say" the 200 year old tree it produced...
Curt D'Onofrio
Need Help with Backyard!!! To much concrete and needs privacy!!
Hello! We love the size of our backyard, but it's so...
mlily714
Need ideas for our small backyard
The image is panoramic so it's a little distorted,...
sarahml
Help designing backyard in Pittsburg, CA
Hi, I need help designing our backyard in Pittsburg,...
Amar
Toilets in "closets"
We are building a new home. We are debating the question...
Kristin Terkelsen
How to save this mistake?
So the hubby wanted to help me like the curtains by...
janmarie14
Winter Curb Appeal: Landscaped front yard needs help from November - M
Our home is beautifully landscaped, but during the...
katisu
Long narrow den with angled fireplace
Need help with the entire room including but not limited...
eve4766
Need help arranging furniture in living room, please!
Hello, We need help selecting and arranging furniture...
babybaluta