Dining Room in Entry Area
jlcase04
The entry to my home is between the living room and dining room, on the floor plans. However, the living room is too small for my furniture but is just right for my dining room set, so it became the formal dining room. The dining room is now a den, that is separated from the entry way and the new "dining room": with two knee walls. The great room is now the living room, which works perfectly. My problem is that there is nothing that defines the dining "room". No walls, columns etc. And it includes the stairway to the 2nd floor...so it can't really be walled off anyway. There is really not enough floor space to put up columns, as it would take away from expanding the dining room table for large get togethers. The way I have it set up there is a straight "hall" where you can walk right past the dining room and the den to the rear of the house so the furniture doesn't sit in the way It looks okay....but not great. I haven't really decorated it because I'm not sure I've made the right move here.
Do you have any photos of dining rooms that are in close proximity to the entry doorway?
I tried to create an entry hall by adding an area rug, antique chest and lamp along one of the knee walls. But the way the door swings (against the knee wall side), you actually walk right into the dining area. Any help for inspiring me to make this decision work? Thanks, jlcase04
bgfuqua
really need a picture.
May 7, 2014 at 11:38PM     
Entry foyer, raised living room/dining room area
My living dining room is raised above the entry foyer....
Between entry way and dining area
I'm perplexed as what to do. I have empty space between...
Awkward entry/ living and dining area
Please please help!! I've searched multiple pictures...
Porcelain Wood Plank Tiles in your Entry, Dining and Living areas?
Thinking of using Porcelain wood Plank Tiles in my...
Need help in entry, kitchen and dining area.
We just purchased a 1972 ranch. The kitchen was remodeled...
need help with floor stain color
thinking of doing the walls a light gray tone and trim...
Need help selecting wall to wall carpet for my living room!
Carpet needs to be replaced! Already 10 years old &...
Please help with furniture layout - 12.4x22 living room
I have no clue where to even start with designing a...
First apartment
This is our first apartment..I wanna change the pillows...