Layout and Furniture Suggestions Please!

meandujustus2May 8, 2014
Hey gang! Just got this place in Florida. We are IN LOVE with the layout. The only problem is the how to work with it and what types of choices to make w regard to furniture. For now it's a rental, so anything we choose we'd like to be neutrals and/or multi-functional. There's so many places to do everything. Do I need throw rugs? The island can fit about 8 counter height stools. To help: we are I to darker neutral furniture. What shape dining room table? I prefer a square. But where is the dining room? Lol. Thanks!!! Don't mind the mess we've only been here 3 days. Thanks !!!
ARHAM DESIGNS
Prefer placing 4seater dining in front of your sofa set
    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 11:47AM
Monarch Sofas
great space with great potential :)) once you decide which furniture direction to go in, give us a holler ;)

our sectionals are custom made to order. any size, any fabric or leather, any color. you dream it, we make it, and it won't break the bank ;) check out our profile for hundreds of finished projects. xoxo eva
http://www.houzz.com/pro/thesofaworks/__public

Totally Custom · More Info

NATALIE STYLE - TRADITIONAL ENGLISH ROLL ARM · More Info

Totally Custom · More Info

KENZIE STYLE ( aka NELLIE) - Chesterfield Sofa or Sectional · More Info

EVA STYLE - MID-CENTURY MODERN · More Info

ROBIN STYLE - SLIPCOVERED CHABBY CHIC / POTTERY BARN LOOK · More Info

MICHELLE - SIMPLE LINES ANCHOR ANY ROOM · More Info

CALLISTO - SIGNATURE TAILORED LINES · More Info

ELISABETH - SLIPCOVERED SHABBY CHIC POTTERY BARN LOOK · More Info

STELLA - TRADITIONAL CUSTOM SOFA · More Info

our sofas are custom made to order. Made to last in the US. any size, any fabric or leather, any color. you dream it, we make it, and it won't break the bank ;) check out our profile for hundreds of finished projects. xoxo eva

CASSIE STYLE - TRADITIONAL ENGLISH ROLL ARM · More Info

ANNA STYLE - TRADITIONAL AND SOPHISTICATED · More Info

GERALDINE STYLE - TRADITIONAL CAMEL BACK · More Info

HUGO - STRONG ARCHITECTURAL LINES · More Info

SUZE STYLE - MODERN · More Info

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 11:47AM
sarainitaly
hard to tell, but based on the pics, i would swing your big couch around, to face your glass doors and love seat. (or perhaps better, have big couch backing the sliding doors, and love seat across. And maybe a round dining table under the fixture in picture #4. it is quite a large space, so perhaps using the furniture to create the different areas will make it feel more complete.
    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 11:49AM
Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
If you could do a floorplan, it would be easier to make suggestions:)
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 11:52AM
meandujustus2
Ok I wish this app could do video. I'd also like to mention we are getting all new furniture. The ones you see are loners, so we are up for any suggestions.
    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 11:55AM
meandujustus2
And I don't have a floor plan, lol, that's the problem
    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 11:56AM
Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
You can just draw up the dimensions of the rooms noting where there are windows and doors. It doesn't have to be fancy.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 12:01PM
Monarch Sofas
pottery barn has a free romm planner tool ;) maybe that helps. http://www.potterybarn.com/design-studio/tool/room_planner.html
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 12:03PM
Jeffrey Brooks Interior Design
Some ideas: You definitely need to supply more photos and a floor plan but are first impressions. By lowering the TV to the opening below it will become more natural to watch TV and lower your point of view. Paint out the entire wall in either beige or gray. Use a slightly lighter tone for the niches. Feature a single object in each surrounding the TV section. A section of fence, large coral, a glass canister of shells.......then I'd place a chaise lounge at a 45-degree angle (maybe less) to the entry area out in the middle of the room. Square off a Love seat or Sofa which will be your main seating for TV viewing. Use small tables where they make sense instead of one large coffee table. Use an ottoman or two one either side of the new TV location for add'l seating. For the DR I'd use a round table that can open to accommodate more guests. Use two or three DR chairs and one curved bench seat tucked in. *If the room size will not allow for a chaise, use chairs instead.
Cover any upholstery in linen look fabrics (poly or other man-made fiber with cotton blend) for easy maintenance. Leather/Vinyl, pre-treated tight woven materials will give you the service you need. Last, you don't need to line the entire counter with stools. Too many may look like an airport bar.
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 12:16PM
shal1217
I was just going to post about the Pottery Barn room layout tool but someone beat me to it. I love using this because it gives you an idea of scale and placement without having to move all your stuff around!
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 12:22PM
Monarch Sofas
i just found it the other day :) such a great tool to help people layout their rooms before we make the perfect sofa or sectional for them ;)) xoxo eva
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 12:25PM
shal1217
Yeah it's great! I use it all the time because our house is currently being built so I just made a room by room floorplan to decide what pieces we currently own to keep, what scale to buy for new pieces, etc.
2 Likes    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 12:30PM
Monarch Sofas
love it ! very wise decision ! you have to know what you're working with before you order new furniture !! such a rude awakening if you order something too large, or (almost) worse, you didn't use your space at it's full potential. xoxo eva
1 Like    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 12:34PM
meandujustus2
Wow. I mean. Wow. Thank you guys. I will get they floor plan together. The thing about the tv being there is that it's too big to fit the spot it belongs in. I want it in the spot below.
    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 1:21PM
Monarch Sofas
you're so welcome "moonchild" ;) (love the profile pic)
i think you could still place the tv in front of the center space below. maybe on top of a console like this. since the tv is wider than the space, it would cover it completely, and you would have a secret hiding space behind it ;) the nooks to the left and right could be used for some shelved books. love your space !! xoxo eva
    Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 1:28PM
Need help with furniture suggestions, decor, and layout
Where to place furniture...open to all suggestions...
Laurie Beadle
Living room furniture layout / decor - need help please
Just moved into a new home and we're struggling with...
sourdinos
Nursery furniture layout help!
I need help with my nursery furniture layout! I've...
stanleymoose
Bathroom layout suggestions please
Hello, I am remodeling two adjacent bathrooms in a...
numor
Moving into rental house... advice on furniture layout, please?
Can anyone create some layout options for my living/dining...
Lindsay Thompson
Color for a rental condo
What's the best color for a rental condo cream or...
ollie60455
"PANTONE COLOR OF THE YEAR"
Hi Everyone, Nancy here! Every December, Pantone announces...
Stevenson Design Works Ltd
shower layout
I am looking for advice on shower layout in master...
Carole
Bedroom-What's missing?
I recently redecorated my master bedroom but it still...
gxc137
I need to find a mirror to put over the console table
My console is 48 inches wide, I have 9 foot ceilings...
ntrama