shower glass
davetrave
March 7, 2012 in Photo Questions
Can the glas be glazed. Not see through?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ccfergs
This is a beautiful shower, we are trying to transform a space which now has a tub/shower combo to look exactly like this. Where did you purchase the shower doors? Are they custom or pre-fab?
June 22, 2012 at 8:05AM   
PRO
John Whipple - By Any Design ltd.
That looks like a custom frameless enclosure to me. Here in Vancouver most times a standard framless install is under $1,500.00. It is important to note that this finally stage can be the one that cause a well build shower to fail.

Drilling in for glass supports and hinges can wreck a shower and lead it down the road to failure with one or two little punctures in the waterproofing.

It is always better to install hinges on the wall or on the glass and not the floor or shower curb.

JW http://www.no-curb.com
June 22, 2012 at 8:30AM   
PRO
3D-Tile-Design - Bertram Tasch
Hello davetrave,

For sure the glass can be glazed ore etched. Your glass supplier should be able to etch. If not, he works mostly with somebody together who is able to etch the glass. But there are more possibilities. The new trend is to laser engrave the glass. Almost every motive is possible: Have a look for some examples:

Regards,

3D-Tile-Design - Bertram Tasch
Maple Ridge, BC (Greater Vancouver) http://www.3D-Tile-Design.ca
August 9, 2012 at 11:38AM   
PRO
Avalon Interiors
It is a custom glass enclosure. We kept is clear to make the space look larger. You dont need frosted glass if there is only one person using the bathroom at a tie which is the case in a small bathroom like this.
October 26, 2012 at 11:48AM     
More Discussions
Pantry problem?
We just did a small reconfiguring of our kitchen by...
You spilled WHAT? WHERE?
I'm always horrified at the notion of spilling something...
Furniture Layout?? Window Treatments?? Help Please!
I have an open concept living room, kitchen, dining...
What color will you NEVER find in your house?
It's usually pretty easy to tell the colors that people...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2014 Houzz Inc.
Houzz® The new way to design your home™